test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wish to have speed bonus restored to 25%

irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
Dear beloved community manager and developers :)

With the ability to build a fast moving character, Neverwinter became my favorite game. I've been playing it everyday.

Unfortunately, the mod22 patch has given me a problem... The more I support the game, the slower and less fun my character has become.

In the past, I purchased up to 5 coal wards for Azure enchant. I gained 25% speed with 5 high level enchants on 5 equipment with a utility slot.

However, after the patch, I was only to equip one enchantment that gives 6%. I spent $20 on 2 x coal wards and upgrade it to max 12%, but my character downgraded and lost 13% speed..

I feel speed is important in a game, in a sense it can entertain the player. Imagine a new street fighter where all characters are slow moving zangiefs, it just wouldn't be as fun as before. I have not play any other mmorpg because I can feel more actions and control in Neverwinter.

I hope my sorrow can be looked upon..
Suggestion : Increase enchantment speed bonus to 6% / 12% / 18% / 24%.
or increase companions with speed bonus from 2.5% to 7.5%.

Wishing for a change
Irene

Comments

• memolee#6258 memolee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I also support the request to increase the effect of these stones, which are designed to increase character speed. In this game I play, movement is really important. Considering that dungeons are so big and distant. imagine a healer struggling to catch up with the team in a hc mode
  • panni2000#1863 panni2000 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Movement speed is also a fun factor for me. I love to be fast and the mod22 stole us our beloved speed. I think your idea makes sense. Increasing the enchantment speed bonus sounds like the best fitting idea, but I don't mind if they would add a bit more speed to our companions too!
  • zeta#6155 zeta Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Since the new module got released, I felt a bit more restricted and it seems like it is not just me. I used to support Cryptic with my old account too but stopped after some recent additions to the game. I felt like they care more about their income than the satisfaction of their playerbase. But that's another topic.

The type of enchantment we gain movement speed from is called bonus enchantment and there is just one bonus slot. I haven't seen any other enchantments giving that bonus, even when placed in an utility slot.

What can be done is to either add more bonus slots, make an utility enchantment that raises movement speed or just increase the bonus of the current enchant, as Irene suggested. This shouldn't be underestimated. Not only saves time to move from A to B but sometimes our life can depend on movement speed. Right now, we don't have enough sources of movement speed.

It is true that some players like the new module but I've also seen people stating that they quit. We provide many suggestions about the game but we feel like we are being ignored.

This game has a huge potential. Do not waste it. Money-making schemes are not the only thing that can raise your profit. Listen to your players more. Make us want to spend by proving that you listen to feedback, not by making things inconvenient for those who don't spend.
    Post edited by zeta#6155 on
  • euphora#6420 euphora Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I agree. They did good adding recharge speed to gear but we move slower now. The idea about companions that give 7.5% movement speed at mythic level is good. Adding it on gear wouldn't hurt either. Racecar builds are fun!
  • deadmano#4272 deadmano Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    I agree, and if anything, the slots for enchantments need a re-work as utility/bonus functions have all but been removed or reduced to a less than desirable amount. There are niche builds that cater to all, but with this sweeping build diversity has been impacted. Either resolve the slot issues, or increase the % amount for the single slot enchantments that are "utilities".
  • panni2000#1863 panni2000 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Build diversity is important or else everyone will run with the same enchants which makes this system obsoelte.
    Yup. I feel like I'm wasting a bit more stamina in dungeons now, which is why I chose to buy Celestial weapons instead of Lionheart. This movement speed is kind of annoying.
  • mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    I brought this up on the last Driftwood Taverns stream. They actually responded and said that this was intended because they want new players to not feel like they are left behind. Complete <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. They said this last time they removed speed yet brought it back, had players spend to get it, then removed it again. Btw, its not 25%, its 35% because we can have 7 utility slots not 5.

Why should they do this?

Because old, worn out content that offers no rewards shouldn't be as painfully slow as they just made it.
    edited January 2022
    Left behind where?
    In a dungeon? They will have to gather before each boss.
    Open world questing? If they are friends, old players will either wait for them or kill stuff for them.

This makes no sense to me or I just fail to understand. Cryptic made enchantments very high level and hard to upgrade. Won't new players feel left behind because of the difference in item level? Won't they watch their more experienced friends participate in high end dungeons and trials while they grind to raise their item level after their temporary enchantments are taken away?
  • thordet91#6067 thordet91 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Guess I will have to phone a psychic to intercept the invisible (black/purple) line on first boss in vos now.

Glad I’m done with hc
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    omg there are plenty of other ways to add movement still left if you know where to look
    the new vale pants
    other named gear with movement
    the guild xp boon that has been replaced with movement
    free scrolls of movement from the winter festival scroll of fate: movement
    guild food that has movement...
    mounts that have movement bonuses
    mount insignia bonuses have movement
    potion of speed etc..
    class features..
    call the waaaambulance for me someone plz lol

dude people can run almost faster then a mount with these stacked up

• irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    kalina311 said:

omg there are plenty of other wayscall the waaaambulance for me someone plz lol
    dude people can run almost faster then a mount with these stacked up

I'm happy that you know the basics and share it with enthusiasm, but for players who crave for speed, the new mod reduced enchantment speed by over 12%. Player who don't invest in speed might not feel an impact, but for speed builders, it is easily felt and the experience is painful. It's like a crit builder trying to get to 90% with a lot of effort + purchase but ended up with 78% after patch. And someone silly said "omg you can get crit from gears from potions someone call the police".

I brought this up on the last Driftwood Taverns stream. They actually responded and said that this was intended because they want new players to not feel like they are left behind. Complete HAMSTER.

When I'm a new player, the game is actually boring and I tolerated. I moved extremely slow compared to other mmorpg. Worse, I got killed and I don't know about injury kits back then. I gained further speed reduction and cause the team to wait for minutes. If "catching up" was their intention why wouldn't they remove speed injuries.

In addition I don't feel left behind. The faster players advertised. I feel the need to catch up and I invest a lot of time and money on speed building, until next they reduced my speed in mod22. Like you said it is hamster. The more we play and build our character the more weaker it gets. It is not helping both the new and experienced player. It is not a design anyone would have asked for. If they wish for enchantment to have repurchase option, and new players able to catch up, it could have been done better if the primary speed is increased and enchantment speed to push the limit further (e.g. by just 1%).

Genshin Impact made 300 million profit and it started with only 60k capital. One of the key design in the game is allowing players to gain more stamina with exploration and able to dash longer. It is concrete evidence that people enjoy speed in 3D games and maps. If the designer decide to reduce speed in that game in the next patch I can only foresee a disaster. Don't underrate speed in video games. When handled with care the game can become a legend.
    edited January 2022
    > @kalina311 said:
    > omg there are plenty of other ways to add movement still left if you know where to look
    > the new vale pants
    > other named gear with movement
    > the guild xp boon that has been replaced with movement
    > free scrolls of movement from the winter festival scroll of fate: movement
    > guild food that has movement...
    > mounts that have movement bonuses
    > mount insignia bonuses have movement
    > potion of speed etc..
    > class features..
    > call the waaaambulance for me someone plz lol
    >
    > dude people can run almost faster then a mount with these stacked up
    >
    > ..

The movement speed from most of those sources is just temporary and we gain some speed only when we are attacked. Before mod22, we could at least run with such speed whenever we wanted and it was fun running around without having to call a mount. This is one of the reasons why NW felt so different than most other MMOs. In WoW there are potions that boost movement speed too but it's not the same as having that stat with you at all time.

It is frustrating when we have to re-build a character after a big patch. And it is very wrong to apply such changes in a game where people spend money to build. People can lose interest and stop spending. If Cryptic removed speed in the past and people wanted it back, then why would someone think it would be a good idea to reduce it again? As already stated above, there are other ways to make people not feel that they are left behind.
    Post edited by euphora#6420 on