test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Proposed Healer Combat Enchantments

Due to the fact that healers barely have any options when it comes to combat enchantments, with the help of my community we put together some options for your consideration. Feedback is welcome, and if others have suggestions please do post them!

Rapid Steps
Item Level: 5,000

(maximum)
Equip: When healing another party member other than yourself, boost movement speed for yourself and nearby party members for 30 seconds. This effect can only trigger once every 60 seconds.

Equip: Also grants 10% resource regeneration based on your class (divinity/soulweave etc.) passively.

2% / 4% / 6% / 8% / 10% movement speed buff per rarity tier.

This enchantment allows you to go fast.

Swift Recovery

(maximum)
Equip: When healing another party member other than yourself, boost stamina regeneration for yourself and nearby party members for 30 seconds. This effect can only trigger once every 60 seconds.

Equip: Also grants 10% resource regeneration based on your class (divinity/soulweave etc.) passively.

1% / 2% / 3% / 4% / 5% stamina regen buff per rarity tier.

This enchantment allows you to regain your strength in time of need.

Warding Cleanse

(maximum)
Equip: When using your daily power, cleanse yourself and nearby allies of all damage over time and control effects. Additionally provides immunity from all sources of non-boss mechanic damage. This effect can only trigger once every 60 seconds.

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 seconds immunity per rarity tier.

This enchantment allows you to cure that which ails you and yours.

Last Rights

(maximum)
Equip: When below 20% healing resource for more than 10 seconds, you become serene, allowing you to cast healing powers without resource cost for 10 seconds. After the time has elapsed, resource regeneration is reduced by 50% for a duration based on enchantment rank, regardless of combat state.

180 / 160 / 140 / 120 / 60 reduced resource regeneration rate in seconds per rarity tier.

This enchantment allows you to transcend the barrier between mind and body.

Multiple enchantments regardless of tier do not stack.

Comments

• nang#7857 nang Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    none of these bonuses are good, the resource regen isnt very good either. good healers dont need more div regen
    need enchants that buff dmg/debuff boss for healers. and have one that buffs outgoing healing or allies incoming healing. If you redesign your ideas. never do rng procs.
  • fattysnailfattysnail Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    nang#7857 said:

need enchants that buff dmg/debuff boss for healers. and have one that buffs outgoing healing or allies incoming healing.

rtererery

• froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    From another thread.

I really hope they don’t re-nerf healing into the ground after they introduce something.
    I doubt they will implement anything static as it would surely make healing too powerful in their eyes.
    Also, I only know how to heal with a cleric, so my thoughts may not transfer to other classes.

Random ideas:

- 2%, 4%, 6%, 8%, 10% chance on healing, guarantee your next heal will crit. Can only occur once every 60 seconds.

- When healing your target for 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 30% of your hit points, increase divinity regeneration 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 30% for the next 10 seconds. Can only occur once every 60 seconds.

- 2%, 4%, 6%, 8%, 10% chance when casting a heal over time effect, randomly heal one party member for 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 magnitude. Can only occur once every 60 seconds.

- 1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5% chance when casting a critical heal, fully restore divinity. Can occur once every 60 seconds.
    nang#7857 said:

none of these bonuses are good, the resource regen isnt very good either. good healers dont need more div regen
    need enchants that buff dmg/debuff boss for healers. and have one that buffs outgoing healing or allies incoming healing. If you redesign your ideas. never do rng procs.

Not every healer is a good healer. The need for divinity regen varies vastly depending on the group and how much damage they take. Just because something doesn't make sense for some doesn't mean it doesn't make sense for all.

Also, I doubt there will be any buff/debuff to boss. Stuff already melts too fast, we'll end up M15 all over again.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • redjackal#4019 redjackal Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Nova Balm

Your healing encounter powers have a x% chance to apply a stack of holy salve on target player stacking up to 3 times and refreshing for 5s for each new stack before completely expiring in 5s. Those imbued with holy salve who's hit points fall below 33% will become nova balmed and healed for 5% of their total hit points per second as each stack of holy salve is consumed. For 10s, player nova balmed will have their deflect severity increased by 10% and will be unable to receive any stacks of holy salve.
    (X% chance can increase per quality level of the enchantment.)

Equip: deflect chance and out going healing increased by x%.
    ============

The idea stems forth from the occasions which dps'rs or others could receive some extra healing after receiving large amounts of damage in a short time that can make it more difficult for some healers to keep them alive. The 5s timer somewhat limits it to those who get hurt allot for whatever reasons. Perhaps a way for the healer to not be distracted or waste so much healing by otherwise "hero dps" type players. And of course when the sh** hits the fan for the group. I am unsure of some the the numbers. So maybe something longer or shorter lasting. /shrug
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Anyone notice since reapers divinity regen is all over the place? Like the regen penalty is on all dungeons.
  • starrlight#7491 starrlight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I def think at least one should offer divinity regen - when I'm paladin healing, especially in higher level content or trials, I tend to run low quite a lot.

Maybe, taking a note from the old tank enchantments with stamina, a chance to fully/partially restore divinity/soulweave as an equip power? On some attack (the more frequent the attack, the less the amount restored, probably)

Since OH is a stat, I think the bonus should be "healing magnitude" similar to how DPS get a buff to "damage" vs power. We are getting more and more companions/items that give outgoing healing, so having something that provides more isn't as useful as something that straight up just increases the healing altogether.

• x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    I am fine with the effect of increasing Mana Regen as a base feature. But none of the other active effects seem good to me at all.

I'm looking for something like damage mitigation. Something like "when a person receives a heal they take 10% less damage", or gains 10% temp hp.

Something like that. Something that is always useful and helps keep people alive.

Or, as an alternative, something that buffs damage. Like when someone receives a heal they gain 10% bonus damage.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Adding thread to the weekly report!
  • irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Err I love the mana regen enchant idea, will get one for myself if it's available, but I also fear it might not be good in the big picture. Do correct me if you disagree. : D

If we look at DPS enchants, they get +little increment of fire damage or poison damage. It make sense because those with strong enchants gained slightly more dps.

However, if we allow small to big mana regen in enchants, that would create another story. The entry healer will cast heal + few bonus heals while the strong healer will cast big heals + lots more big heals. The difference will be huge and dungeons will most probably be buffed when there is little damage. It could create a future where a healer will not be accepted to a dungeon run unless you own a very expensive mana regen enchant.

Mana regen should be worked with old fashion Forte. Healers to chose between forte (power+regen+crit serv) or other stats. It's already part of character build system. For "battle enchant" it should be a bonus of something else and not character stats. For example the self resurrect is a battle bonus. That I feel is already a healer enchant but hardly anyone recognize it that way, hence more ideas will be good.

[b]My suggestions are -[/b]
    Holy wind- Every 10th heal will create a healing wind with 10 magnitude heal.
    Death Angel - upon death, allies gain temporary defense shield for 20 secs.
    Chain heal - target healed for -1% less but target's nearby allies gain +1% heal
    Desperate heal - When healing only self for 5 times, the 6th is a mana free heal.
    Revive spirit - When revived by an ally, healing output does not decrease.
    Heal crystal - upon healing an ally from 30% to full, create a heal crystal. allies who step on it gets 1% hp.
    Twice shy - Creature that hits you will do slightly less damage to others in next attack.

Notice that my suggestions won't boost the character stats. It provides a solution to possible situations, which is what I think is a good idea for a battle enchant.

As for speed boost, I will try submit a feedback about it when I have time. I think it makes little sense to gain speed as we heal, imagine a critical situation where we have to waste heals just to gain speed and dodge. Speed should be another more in-depth topic and it needs more attention.
  • tamtoucantamtoucan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    Just some random thoughts before work.
    1. Div Regen seems like a good choice. On my tank I now run 2x15% stamina enchants to make up for the loss of Elven battle. I can test them as see how the difference. As a healer it's hard to make a meaningful difference (increasing Forte given me div regen).
    2. "good healers dont need more div regen". But divinity use isn't just up to the healer. If you have a low team taking lots of damage you either don't heal, or use divinity.
    3. I dislike anything that "only procs once every 60secs" if you don't have control as to when it procs. e.g. Div is full and it procs to increase rate...30secs later you have no div.
    4. I am also happy with any style of "party buff" bonus.
    5. I imagine they will want to follow the same style as the other combat enchants e.g.

"Once per second upon using a healing power increase divinity regen by 2/4/6/8/10% for 3 seconds. Upon reaching 5 stacks all stacks are consumed and 25% divinity is restored"

The problem is anything like that needs a lot of balance. TBH the current combat enchants are....meh. I suspect anything we get for healers will be the same. To make it more likely that we get *something* I think we should try and agree on what _style_ of enchant we want e.g. "something that affects divinity/performance regen", "something that buffs the party" etc.

That way, if it starts out "meh" hopefully over time it can be improved (like I would hope the current combat enchants are).
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    - Divine - your at-will, encounter and daily powers that heal targets +1% divinity(clerics and paladins) + 10% outgoing healing;

- Divine soul - when using your at-will, encounter and daily powers to heal targets +1% soulweave(warlock) + 10% outgoing healing;

- Inspiration - when using your at-will, encounter powers, daily powers and songs +1% performance +10% outgoing healing(bard);

ps: they can divide the 10% to +5% power +5%outgoing healing to fit the healing formula
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    When it comes to the current combat enchantments, we currently have 3 "offensive" enchantments and 3 "defensive" enchantments.
    Please look at building 3 different options for healers.
    We can look at options such as:
    Increased stamina regen for party
    Encounter power cooldowns reduced for party
    Debuff to target enemy/outgoing damage buff to party
    Resource regen
    Increased AP gain
    Increased OGH
    Increased Forte
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Perhaps one that provides temp HP to group members - say adding 1% per second with an uptime of 10 seconds?

At rank 5, having a bonus of refilling divinity if below 20% - with a 2 minute cooldown?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • datarider#1036 datarider Member Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    do we even know the number for Divinity Regen? Did I miss that presentation? :D
    I have strong suspicions that the divine regen from Forte doesnt even work...
  • agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Could have it reduce casting time of the healer's mark single target healing.
    2/4/6/8/10 outgoing healing
    10/20/30/40/50" reduced cast time on healer's mark single target healing

could also have one where aoe healing people could revive the defeated ones with N% health

Could add N% as a temporary health shield (like paladins has by default)

do we even know the number for Divinity Regen? Did I miss that presentation? :D
    I have strong suspicions that the divine regen from Forte doesnt even work...

Divinity regeneration is one of the great mysteries of our generation.
    agodbea said:

Could have it reduce casting time of the healer's mark single target healing.

Clerics have this already, not sure about other classes.

Increased stamina regen for party
    Encounter power cooldowns reduced for party
    Debuff to target enemy/outgoing damage buff to party

While I like this stuff, I suspect everyone would run this stuff creating a broken game situation again. Suddenly XX% damage increase from current combat enchantments won’t be used as the group will prefer stuff that is party-wide.

Sorry for the double post, but the chances of a successful edit here are about the same a pulling a legendary mount for me.

Another enchantment idea:

2% / 4% / 6% / 8% / 10% chance your healing spell will cleanse all negative effects. AND HAVE IT ACTUALLY CLEANSE EVERYTHING, except death sickness.

• erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    How about those options?

Rejuvinating Protector:

Equip: Increase Power and Outgoing Healing by 1/2/3/4/5%.

Equip: Casting healing encounter power in combat grant stack of Protector to the target. Each stack increases target's Incoming Healing and Damage Resistance by 1/2/3/4/5% for 8s, each stack refreshed the duration. Upon reaching 5th stack all stacks are consumed and targets are healed for 2/4/6/8/10% of their Max HP. Stacks cannot be gained for 10s after it happens.

Critical Flame:

Equip: Increase Critical Strike and Critical Severity by 1/2/3/4/5%.

Equip: Whenever healing encounter power crits there is 25% chance to receive effect of Critical Burn. Critical Burn grants 1/2/3/4/5% damage reflection to healed targets for 8s (8s cooldown). Damage reflected cannot be higher than 10% of healed target Max HP. This effect cannot stack.

Hallowed Skin:

Equip: Increase Defense and Deflect by 1/2/3/4/5%.

Equip: Casting healing encounter in combat grants the affected targets stack of Hallowed Skin. Each stack grants 0.6/1.2/1.8/2.4/3% of target's Max HP as Temporary HP for 5s. Can stack up to 3 times from any source. Casting daily power grants the affected targets effect of Skin of Celestial which grants 2/4/6/8/10% of target's Max HP as Temporary HP for 10s. Hallowed Skin and Skin of Celestial cannot stack.
  • erza1120erza1120 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    deadmano Where do you get these enchantments?
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    erza1120 said:

deadmano Where do you get these enchantments?

this is a proposed healer combat enchantment post and we have to wait for devs response
  • daderickdaderick Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Make a healer enchantment that gives 10% Control Bonus and 10% Control Resistance.
    At Mythic: whenever you cast a heal spell, any allies affected by the heal or cure receive +20% incoming healing for 12 seconds.
    Another thought I had.

Desperate Defender:

When a healing spell is cast with your divinity below 25% there is a 2%/4%/6%/8%/10% chance to cast Desperate Defender upon your allies increasing all defensive stats by 2%/4%/6%/8%/10% for 20 seconds. Can only occur once every 60 seconds.

• shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    For true healing:
    5% EXTRA OF TOTAL HEALING (or at least 2.5%).
    Increase OH either by % or stats for 5s-10s while healing. Or even a 10% to increase the final heal for another 5% for X seconds.

One that focus on each healer/support could be:
    10% damage reduction (yup, not OH).
    DC: Healing word heals for half but have a chance to do a splash heal.
    Pally: Every 15 seconds, the next shield will be double.
    Lock: Your At-Wills are now AOE. Cost 100 per tic.
    Bard: Your heals have a chance to apply a buff depending on the target role.

One so that everyone feels they are supports:
    Your team (not you) get 10% incoming healing.
    While healing, you have a 5% chance to increase your team (not you) outgoing dmg and dmg resistance by 10%.

And just for the giggles:
    10% OH
    While healing, your power, crit and crit sev increases 5%. Your heals buff the team by 10% of their role and 5% of the counter role. All the threat generated by the team goes to the tank. After 10 heals the team gets auto revival without revive sickness.
    Movement speed of the whole team increased 100%. Reflect 25% of the dmg the team takes to all the enemies in a radius of 100 of each team member. Shields them by 200% their hp and apply a 600% temp hp every time you are out of resources so you can take a breath and keep judging in silence.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• starrlight#7491 starrlight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    Want to put this again (separately) because I feel like it's important!

Currently the DPS combat enchants give +6% damage (not power)

Tank powers give + % Threat Generation (not some arbitrary offensive stat)

So for a healing equivalent, we would want +% Healing (overall) and not OGH or Power (things that can be capped using gear)
    Post edited by starrlight#7491 on
    @nitocris83 Is there anything in this thread or any new ideas that are being considered? Can we get a yes or no (I understand details could be confidential)?

• jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    it's so confidential that they will never be able to release it
    - bye bye -
  • muschellka#7783 muschellka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    Equip: 2%-10% increase total heal

When you heal players, you get a stack. Each stack gives 0.5%-2.5% to power, critical chance, and critical severity.

After 5 stacks, the stacks are consumed and the player gains 1.5%-7.5% damage resistance and/or control resistance
  • redjackal#4019 redjackal Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    > @starrlight#7491 said:
    > Want to put this again (separately) because I feel like it's important!
    >
    > Currently the DPS combat enchants give +6% damage (not power)
    >
    > Tank powers give + % Threat Generation (not some arbitrary offensive stat)
    >
    > So for a healing equivalent, we would want +% Healing (overall) and not OGH or Power (things that can be capped using gear)

Would ICH work? I don't think players have too much of that ever since tactical ench days.
  • xhavionxhavion Member Posts: 1 New User
    What about:

Battle Medic
    Equip: Over healing does (15-55) magnitude damage to all enemies around target.
    Reduce (outgoing healing by 1-5% or damage by 1-5%)

Bulwark Healer
    Equip: Over healing shields target for (0.4% - 2%) of your max hp, stacking up to 5 times. Last 5 seconds, reapplying increases time.

Empathy Ward
    Equip: Over healing applies buff that stores up to 20% of targets max hp, when target drops below 50% trigger stored buff. Cooldown (150 - 30) seconds once triggered.

Health Bramble
    Equip: Healing you do applies thorns to party members 20' by you, thorns reflects 1% of damage received. Stacks up to 5 times, Stack last (3 -15) seconds. (individual stacks degrade)
    Increase defense by 1-5%

Heartbeat Echo
    Equip: On any encounter heal, 20% chance to trigger again after a (10 - 2) second delay for 2x the magnitude. Cooldown (50 - 10) seconds.
    Increase defense by 1-5%

Stone Warder
    Equip: Shielding you or your target for **20% of their max hp applies a buff that reduces damage received by (1%-5%) and increase outgoing damage by (1%-5%) for 10 seconds.
    Increase defense by 1-5%
    **Little iffy on this one want it to be a stretch goal for Healadins to aim to proc but unsure of how much they shield for, but also give bards a chance to proc it.

would be fun to see the diversity which these could bring.
    Necro thread bump