test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why are we getting old enchantment gems, that can't be slotted, from Boxes as well as Events?

angaelsangaels Member Posts: 6 Arc User
How was this not corrected before patch release? I wasted keys on a lockbox that provides items I can't use. I can only sell them or break them down. Why aren't the new motes more accessible, or even an option in lockboxes? Im a returning player and this is NOT player friendly anymore.

Comments

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    I can guess at two reasons:
    * It is too much work to update all the old lockboxes
    * Cryptic do not want new enchantments to drop from lockboxes at this time

Just consider them as RP.
  • olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Yeah, I don't think they'll go back and rework old lockboxes. It's time consuming and not really worth it. Just stick to the new one. Or save your keys for the next one.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    Don't spend lockbox key on the lockbox you don't like. Just because you have the keys, it does not mean you have to use it. Lockbox stays the same. It more or less never change (except few exceptions). I have every lockbox since mod 3 and there are a lot of obsolete stuff in them. At least, old enchantment still gives you RP.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • angaelsangaels Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    There are also quests that give out old enchants as well.. I have not completed all of the campaigns, and they are giving out the old enchants as well as other upgrades that can't be used any longer. For someone that is new or coming back, this is not good to get junk.
  • jonpaul25#4700 jonpaul25 Member Posts: 1 New User
    What do we do with the old enchantments? Should we just sell them or hold onto them?

What do we do with the old enchantments? Should we just sell them or hold onto them?

Convert them to RP.
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    It's an inconsistency that drives players crazy but is unfortunately way down the priority chain. Think what they should have done is replace enchantments with common refining items to make it clear that the drops are now just RP. But again, not a major issue so I wouldn't expect a fix soon.

I'm actually surprised and glad they did tweak the adventure rewards in time.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    I mean, despite us all being used to it, it's very bad that they do not rework what's basically cash shop items along with big reworks. VIP keys and the rewards associated count just like boosters and scrolls and what not...
    - bye bye -
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    What about the celestial coffers? Have they updated them with the new motes?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    edited January 2022
    armadeonx said:

What about the celestial coffers? Have they updated them with the new motes?

Yes, you get coalescent motes from the coffers if you are really lucky.

And you get pwards, that was not changed.

Post edited by mentinmindmaker on
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Once again a lot of players who paid real currency to support Neverwinter and the people who work to keep the game current and running are finding their financial contributions have either been seriously devaluated or completely negated.

Seriously I know personally two people, although there are probably more, who spent a fair amount of money to upgrade their playing experience and to support Neverwinter, completely delete their accounts. Soon the only people left are going to be those who have the time and desire to grind for what the game can offer because spending money only to see their purchases become near or totally worthless over what appears to be a short period of time is not a way to encourage anyone to keep playing and spending.

If these most recent change aren’t sufficient hard evidence as to the futility of contributing real world cash to support the game, I don't know what more would need happen to make that point.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User

I pray that Cryptic will bring the new enchants on next lockbox... otherwise, I'll just save my keys from vip until something good catches my attention
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

I pray that Cryptic will bring the new enchants on next lockbox... otherwise, I'll just save my keys from vip until something good catches my attention
    You should always do that. "Good" lockbox is hard to come by. Only once for a very long time.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    i got black ice enchantments from heroic encounters. seem they didnt updated.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    You convert it to RP.

You can assume that some peridots/opals dropped, yeah, they forgot to change them for RP but is not the end of the world cmon.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • shroudedmist#4969 shroudedmist Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm a bit confused at this point as a returning player after being away for years. I got the temporary enchantments on my characters which have since expired and suddenly disappeared (dropping my item level by 7K). Not the best player experience but it still leaves me without enchantments on my gear and character. I tried buying some off the AH only to find they can't be slotted.

1) Can I buy slottable enchantments off of the AH?
    2) What should I search for? Clearly searching for "enchantment", "azure" etc. only led to me buying unusable enchantments.

Thanks in advance for any clarity others could provide.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

I'm a bit confused at this point as a returning player after being away for years. I got the temporary enchantments on my characters which have since expired and suddenly disappeared (dropping my item level by 7K). Not the best player experience but it still leaves me without enchantments on my gear and character. I tried buying some off the AH only to find they can't be slotted.

1) Can I buy slottable enchantments off of the AH?
    2) What should I search for? Clearly searching for "enchantment", "azure" etc. only led to me buying unusable enchantments.

Thanks in advance for any clarity others could provide.

Inspect other players ingame is always a good way to see HAMSTER.
    New enchants are Garnet, Cobalt, Jade, Amethyst and stuff like that. Weapon enchs etc changed as well.
    You can buy them off AH, but if you already got/bought enchs over or rank 10 you can exchange them for a currency, or check out the sage's shop in PE for rank 1 enchs.
    - bye bye -
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Rank 1 enchants can be bought for 100k AD in the sage shop or the adventurer's guild. No reason to spend MORE at auction house. People asking for more than 100k AD for level 1 enchants are simply ripping off those who don't know.