test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

R.I.P Neverwinter

2»

Comments

• blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User

Relax all, they did not undo your past efforts.

Hey! We will have none of that negative talk here mister. :trollface:

Personally since about the only enchantment I have is the Heart of Fire, I don't see this as adverse for me. I never got into the whole refinement thang in the first place. I don't know about the rest of you, but they could remove refinement and I still wouldn't notice a big difference. I have played this game off and on over the years and this is just another item they say you must have to win. What do you win? Did you slay the boss? Did he drop tons of cash and prizes on you? Was the story satisfying?

To be perfectly honest, the last time I had any enjoyment playing was the River District mod, Cloaked Ascendancy. Maybe Ravenloft a little but not as good as the River District. Since then module 15 with A.I. was funny but they revamped it and took out the cursed sword that killed you when you picked it up. I loved picking up that sword. After a while the gags became repetitive as all their modules do.

I went to Hell and back, then we got the new Sharandar module. For some reason I seem to understand what they were attempting to do there. Do you realize Protector's Enclave has been "under repairs" for over 8 years now? I would have gone about it differently. Things need to change and players here sure don't like change. I do comprehend the attempt to milk more money out of players. Players who spent money unwisely before and the company hopes you will do it again. Then I get a laugh out of players who actually think free to play means you will just be able to walk all over the content for nothing. I sometimes see threads such as this and wonder, how many of you know there is a real world outside?

Just killing time...
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    I

I don't know about the rest of you, but they could remove refinement and I still wouldn't notice a big difference.

For the old enchantments that probably is true. They carried too little IL to have much effect.

For the new enchantments, you probably will notice the difference between no and r5 enchantments. New enchantments carry a lot of IL, 1500 each at r5 times 10 slots(bonus slot has no IL) + 5000IL combat slot is 20k IL.

You probably will notice losing that ;)

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    People keep saying "pay to play". Play and be patient and you don't have a spend a dime.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Patience seems to be in very short supply in this game.
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    greywynd said:

People keep saying "pay to play". Play and be patient and you don't have a spend a dime.

Agree and I'd like to add to that spending the time to play or "grind" if you prefer, to acquire the items needed to progress in Neverwinter is much less frustrating than spending real world currency only to have the usefulness of some or all the item(s) purchased partially or totally negated after what I consider a short period of time..
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    This is why many players would like to buy custom skins. I think most people understand how skinning a model works? Assuming they offered cosmetics in the zen store, players would pay to look different. Skins are cheap and easy to make. Although it might not be politically correct, female underwear and sexy armor sells the most in other games. When I was playing New World last fall, I kept reading comments about where is my waifu in this game? The serious lack of content, causes some of the playerbase to just give up. By the way, New World shed about 80% of their players from October to December last year. They still hold a commanding lead in the gaming market, but without constant new content the game will fade into mediocrity.

Just killing time...
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Skinning requires a sharp blade and a scraper once you get an opening to release the skin from the underlying tissues.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • thordet91#6067 thordet91 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    > @kharkov58 said:
    > Patience seems to be in very short supply in this game.

Patience? Some people will have to grind for 6 months before they can join their friends again. Patience or loneliness?

Its pay to not be left behind in some cases. Some people are going from the helper to the carry in endgame mod 22

"New rich" can’t just rank up stuff like many in their zariel/ tomm group.
    Post edited by thordet91#6067 on
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited January 2022

> @kharkov58 said:
    > Patience seems to be in very short supply in this game.

Patience? Some people will have to grind for 6 months before they can join their friends again. Patience or loneliness?

Its pay to not be left behind in some cases. Some people are going from the helper to the carry in endgame mod 22

"New rich" can’t just rank up stuff like many in their zariel/ tomm group.

6 months is pretty fast comparing with my days. It took me 1.5 years and I did not complain because I knew and expected it would take that long. Paying money would not speed thing up much. Now, at least, you have that option and it actually is cheaper than the past too. Yes, new player does not have my kind of patient which is rare these days.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    maikl20 said:

greywynd said:

play without pay then and not with your wallet and then talk
    Many play without paying a cent and that includes me.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***