test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The enchantment system stinks like pile of garbage.

Comments

• magik30magik30 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    update for rich people...ok easy to go up to level 20.....but after the rest? the collars, the badges? and more!!
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User

And yeah, those sweeping changes every few months where I have to spend hours to rebuild my characters (salvage items made obsolete to turn in for some currency to buy items to re-equip, or re-speccing their builds) to be back to where I was before those changes and to just play the game are tiring.

The thing is it simply must be a deliberate effort to paralyse the player accounts. You cannot explain it otherwise. This time it was a very mild version, but in the end, it was still made ridiculously more difficult than it had to be.

We were given two choices: exchange old enchantments for tokens/scrap them for refinement. If those are the only options, they could have automatically scrapped everything and given us just tokens - while adding some RP items to the exchange.
    Instead, they invested some effort to prevent the removed enchantments from stacking and flooded your mail. Here is your play for the next couple of hours... Well, at least we have a full AH of scamming lvl items now.

Funny thing is the Heart of Fire enchant. It is a place-holder now, because some players would supposedly obtain an advantage by collecting tokens from many alts. They could have simply changed the campaign reward to a brand new R1 char bound enchant and make the previous HoF exchangeable for that R1 char bound enchant. That would put the things just where they originally were, but hey! Why would we not use an opportunity to screw with players?
  • magik30magik30 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    sorry...
    Post edited by magik30 on
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    bpstuart said:

Persoanlly i like the idea of enchantments on your person so you don't have to change them everytime you get new gear.

But like, they went about it in the scummiest way possible. You only get something from your old enchants if you had already upgraded them to a certain point meaning likely you used real money, costs for level one enchants in the new system are rather steep, and non paid coal motes have a 1% or something chance of working, like geez, i get y'all are struggling, but maybe you wouldn't be if you didn't keep upheaving the systems and devaluing our years of play.
    Every neat idea has this monkey's paw caveat of "you'll get weaker and you will have to pay dearly to even feel like you are catching up to where you were."

What do you mean by the cost of level 1 enchantments are rather steep? It is 100K AD per rank 1 stat enchantment. Enchantment value is deeply depreciated. A new rank 1 has the item level of 1.5 rank 15 in the mod 21. How much was one r15 in mod 21? Upgrade from mod 21 r14 to r15 was also 1% chance. New rank 1 is like r16 in mod 21.

In one camp, people complained the enchantment value is too low.
    In another camp, people complained the enchantment value is too high.

I consider both camp has valid argument because they have different vantage point.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User

bpstuart said:

Persoanlly i like the idea of enchantments on your person so you don't have to change them everytime you get new gear.

But like, they went about it in the scummiest way possible. You only get something from your old enchants if you had already upgraded them to a certain point meaning likely you used real money, costs for level one enchants in the new system are rather steep, and non paid coal motes have a 1% or something chance of working, like geez, i get y'all are struggling, but maybe you wouldn't be if you didn't keep upheaving the systems and devaluing our years of play.
    Every neat idea has this monkey's paw caveat of "you'll get weaker and you will have to pay dearly to even feel like you are catching up to where you were."

What do you mean by the cost of level 1 enchantments are rather steep? It is 100K AD per rank 1 stat enchantment. Enchantment value is deeply depreciated. A new rank 1 has the item level of 1.5 rank 15 in the mod 21. How much was one r15 in mod 21? Upgrade from mod 21 r14 to r15 was also 1% chance. New rank 1 is like r16 in mod 21.

I consider both camp has valid argument because they have different vantage point.
    "In one camp, people complained the enchantment value is too low." - I think people complained that the value enchantments were bringing in was minimal - and so devs removed the most useful ones from the game
    "In another camp, people complained the enchantment value is too high." - the price to level up an enchant was considered high, so devs made it the baseline and further levels are now even more expensive to rank up

Everything people complained about got worse. Everything.
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    " "

I consider both camp has valid argument because they have different vantage point. "

i think 100K is a bit too much. i would personally put them at 75K, cause damn do i have a lot of toons that need updating.
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
    edited January 2022
    rikitaki said:

bpstuart said:

"In one camp, people complained the enchantment value is too low." - I think people complained that the value enchantments were bringing in was minimal - and so devs removed the most useful ones from the game
    "In another camp, people complained the enchantment value is too high." - the price to level up an enchant was considered high, so devs made it the baseline and further levels are now even more expensive to rank up

Everything people complained about got worse. Everything.
    I guess I am in the 3rd camp. For the price point, it is the cheapest time for me (and I mean 'for me') to make all my toon (not just 7) to have the highest possible enchantment. No, I never had that opportunity to do that to even one of my 7 main characters. I could probably do that to one or two characters but I considered the price/performance ratio not worth the investment. I always upgrade to just enough to get by content.

No, I have not done the full upgrade yet. I am waiting for the AD store discount (for GoP) in March. Before that time, I will just move r2s through shared bank. I am cheap and patient.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Yeah they always make the zen price cheaper as it's all about the $$$$ - as was the whole reason for changing the enchantment system.

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    I still don't get one thing: IF I can upgrade any enchant to rank 5 (I guess it's the max possible so far) I can trade it for an account-wide unlock, right? So, I can redeem as many enchants of that I made acc-wide or not? IE, if I upgrade the jade enchantment to rank 5 and trade it for an acc-wide unlock, I can get 4 of it from the reclaim agent to slot on my toon?
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    No, you only get 1 enchant per rank5 enchant per toon. So if you want 4 jade rank5s account-wide you have to make 4 of them on the first toon. And the ones you claim from the reclaim agent are character bound.

No, you only get 1 enchant per rank5 enchant per toon. So if you want 4 jade rank5s account-wide you have to make 4 of them on the first toon. And the ones you claim from the reclaim agent are character bound.

LOL that's just ridiculous. If the enchantments claimed are bound to character, why limit it? IMO it is so time and resources consuming that any limitation is just frustrating

LOL that's just ridiculous. If the enchantments claimed are bound to character, why limit it? IMO it is so time and resources consuming that any limitation is just frustrating
    There are 9 enchantment slots that can take the same enchantment. Are you saying making one rank 5 to fill up 9 slots for every characters in the account?

Say, you have 10 characters, are you expecting you only need to make one rank 5 enchantment to fill 90 slots?

There are 9 enchantment slots that can take the same enchantment. Are you saying making one rank 5 to fill up 9 slots for every characters in the account?

Say, you have 10 characters, are you expecting you only need to make one rank 5 enchantment to fill 90 slots?
    TBH, I was hoping so. Specially since those changes are totally alt-unfriendly. If at leat we could redeem as much enchantments as we want, at leat that would help ease a little the feeling that we were robbed
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User

You will need to make 9 rank 5's to have those 9 rank 5's available on each character.

However, with 10 characters you will get 9 copies of each rank 5 you make account-wide for free.
    Or make 9 r5's and get 81 for free.

So it really is quite nice if you got a lot of alts AND can afford to make r5's.
    edited January 2022

TBH, I was hoping so. Specially since those changes are totally alt-unfriendly. If at leat we could redeem as much enchantments as we want, at leat that would help ease a little the feeling that we were robbed
    That depends on what your condition is. For me, it was never that alt friendly in the past. I have been playing 6 main characters for years (now 7). I was never able to fit one character to max (not even close to half max) because I also try to spend resource to other 5 or 6 equally. Now, I can and it can be more than 7.

In addition, if you don't mind moving enchantment, you can move enchantment around characters before making an account wide r5. No more gold needed. Easier to move enchantment from slots to bank comparing with what was needed in the past.
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User

Easier to move enchantment from slots to bank comparing with what was needed in the past.

Only if you have VIP or if you want to make the long trek back to a place with a bank every time you switch toons. For many (most? vast majority?) that ain't gonna happen. If the gold cost to remove an enchant was a hindrance before Mod 22, then you were not managing your gold well. Basic professions can easily keep a giant pile of gold available to every toon you have.

edited January 2022

Easier to move enchantment from slots to bank comparing with what was needed in the past.

Only if you have VIP or if you want to make the long trek back to a place with a bank every time you switch toons. For many (most? vast majority?) that ain't gonna happen. If the gold cost to remove an enchant was a hindrance before Mod 22, then you were not managing your gold well. Basic professions can easily keep a giant pile of gold available to every toon you have.

No, I never want to move enchantment around. Hence, I equip every toon. For me, it is not gold because I have 10K gold. For me, it is not VIP because I have it. For me, it is to detach from equipment to inventory is painful. I think it needs at least 3 steps per in the past.

If you don't want to go to PE for the shared bank, you can find the closest mailbox to mail it to yourself. It is less number of enchantment to mail comparing with the past.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2022

For me, it is to detach from equipment to inventory is painful. I think it needs at least 3 steps per in the past.

pre mod22 : 1keystroke (open character sheet) 5clicks (right click on equipment, click to go on enchantment tab of the equipment, click the button of the enchant to unslot, click to unslot, click to confirm).
    The true long process was to find the enchant you wanted to unslot/overing the mouse above your equipment to see what was sloted and where (because, let's be honest, beside weapon/armor enchant, i never really memorized what enchants I had equiped, even for my main ^^' ).

post mod22 : 1keystroke (open character sheet), 3 clicks (go to enchant tab, clic enchant button, clic to unslot).
    [i didn't check, is the enchant tab can be accessed by a keyboard shortcut for 1 less click ?]
    A way more comfortable interface allowing you to see at first glance what enchants your toon has equipped (though i'm still confused by some of the icons, especially those of combat enchants).
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    have not had a problem with new system. Before I had no idea what regular offensive and defensive enchantments any of my toons had equipped and did not even care. I only knew that somewhere on there was that rank 14 from AI, a rank 15 Teneberous and that all had rank 10s of some type for the rest. (the cheapest).

Now, it is way easier to see what I got but unfortunately most of my toons have only an epic combat enchant and companion runestone so there is nothing to check. The other difference is that now I do care and have already taken the time to get all rank 1 cobalt enchantments for my DCs offense, four various rank 1 defense enchantments and a garnet for her utility slot.

Same goes for my SW as I wished to continue with her essentially pure defensive build for the DPS side. (seems to still work so I have had no reason to change; this is the only DPS type where the only offensive stat I truely worked on was Armor Pen. and then they eliminated that.) and with the mod 22 changes I am finally able to add Accuracy and Deflect Severity to her build.

Also, even though the developers have already proven that defense is totally not necessary for DPS types I am still going to add enchants to the defense side for my two Primary DPS.

The only reason I have not upgraded anything is because none of my toons has the ability to do that yet or rather no coal wards so no upgrades. For the other mote types well I need to increase the % chance by a lot before I will even consider it.
    edited January 2022

For me, it is to detach from equipment to inventory is painful. I think it needs at least 3 steps per in the past.

pre mod22 : 1keystroke (open character sheet) 5clicks (right click on equipment, click to go on enchantment tab of the equipment, click the button of the enchant to unslot, click to unslot, click to confirm).
    The true long process was to find the enchant you wanted to unslot/overing the mouse above your equipment to see what was sloted and where (because, let's be honest, beside weapon/armor enchant, i never really memorized what enchants I had equiped, even for my main ^^' ).

post mod22 : 1keystroke (open character sheet), 3 clicks (go to enchant tab, clic enchant button, clic to unslot).
    [i didn't check, is the enchant tab can be accessed by a keyboard shortcut for 1 less click ?]
    A way more comfortable interface allowing you to see at first glance what enchants your toon has equipped (though i'm still confused by some of the icons, especially those of combat enchants).
    In mod 22, I just drag the enchantment from slot and drop it in the shared bank.
    I can't do drag and drop from shared bank directly to the slot though. I need to double click in shared bank (so that it will go to somewhere in inventory). Then, click offense/defense to choose to equip.
    Post edited by plasticbat on