test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Queue player "labels" and filtering for better party match-ups

starrlight#7491 starrlight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
edited January 2022 in Player Feedback (PC)
Time for another suggestion ^^

When running queues, random or otherwise, it can be hard using the public queueing options. Different players have different playstyles, experience levels, and expectations, and this can lead to some difficult situations (especially for trials).

Guilds can solve this somewhat, but I think the queue system could be improved to assist with this as well!

My idea is that, when queueing, a player can "label" themselves to describe their playstyle and/or experience with the content.
  • Training
  • Grinding
  • Speed Run
  • Casual
  • (etc..)
Then, when queuing, players could also filter the above to not match with anyone using that label.

I'm a player who is interested in casual runs with people who may or may not be well versed in the content. I don't mind taking a few tries or explaining mechanics, and for the endgame trials, I'd need a walkthrough myself.

This would allow players who do not have the patience to train to skip out on that and match with others who want to run content quickly and/or focus on stat numbers. And players who do want to run things a bit more cooperatively to also avoid matching with players more interested in the bottom line and leaderboard numbers.

Post edited by starrlight#7491 on

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Think of the randoms as a blender. You get tossed in, it gets set on "frappe", and you get what you get on the other side.

If you want to run things a bit more cooperatively, queue with friends/guildmates and avoid pugs.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • starrlight#7491 starrlight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    @greywynd I know that's what it is currently! I actually personally love running pugs, I do it all the time and have a lot of fun!

This is more for people (like me) whose guilds aren't active and who are trying to learn advanced dungeon/trial mechanics, as well as for those who complain about having to run randoms/otherwise with newer players. I know there's the suggestion of "get a better guild" or "find more friends" but as someone with very limited time to play, it would be nice to have something in the system that could assist in finding something to hop into on the fly.

It's not meant to be a critique, more of a suggestion on something that could improve player experience a bit!