test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL: Refinement Changes

1151617181921»

Comments

• admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    I have 4 medallions left over, I would like to be able to be reimbursed for this, there should be a limit of up to 9, since with 10 you buy a pack.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User

I have 4 medallions left over, I would like to be able to be reimbursed for this, there should be a limit of up to 9, since with 10 you buy a pack.

I am missing something. What can you buy with 10?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    I don't know (rofl)! I only gave a suggestion of a maximum number. Nothing in the store interests me to buy medallions, because everything in the store is being sold at AH much cheaper :)

I don't know (rofl)! I only gave a suggestion of a maximum number. Nothing in the store interests me to buy medallions, because everything in the store is being sold at AH much cheaper :)

As I said in another thread, if you have exactly 27 medallions, you are cursed because you can't buy anything. It is the same as you have 0 medallions. It is counter productive if you spend 40K x 3 to have 30 medallions to get a r1 because you can spend 100K to get a r1.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • agodbeaagodbea Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    I suggested earlier they should sell some overload enchantment for 1 medallion
    Another possibility would be to exchange 2 medallions for bound glyph of potency

But for now all with 1-29 is unlucky without any choices
  • orcariom#3060 orcariom Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I think that everyone who exchanged their enchantments for medallions is being harmed, since the company gave no other option but to exchange. Check that the prices of the items do not match the overpriced values.

Follow the fair values to the players.

rank 1 = 3 medallions
    rank 2 = 22 medallions

Combat 1 = 6 medallions
    Combat 3 = 44 medallions
    Combat 4 = 63 medallions

the rank 1 costs 100,000 AD in Bradda the sage and coal molten costs 1000 zen in zen shop 1 ZEN equivalent 750 AD 1 medallion costs 40,000AD therefore:

Coalescent Mote = 1000 Zen * 750AD = 750,000 AD / 40,000 = 18.75 medallions (19)

Rank 1 costs = 100,000 / 40,000 = 2.5 medallions (3)
    Rank 2 costs = 100,000+750,000 = 850,000/40,000 = 21.25 medallions (22)

Combat 1 costs = 250,000 / 40,000 = 6.25 (6) medallions
    Combat 3 costs = 250,000 + 750,000 + 750,000 =1,750,000 / 40,000 = 43.75 Medallions (44)
    Combat 4 costs = 250,000 + 750,000 + 750,000 + 750,000 = 2,500,000 / 40,000 = 62.5 medallions (63)

It is worth mentioning that the prices charged at the auction house should not be taken into account as it is a market influenced by the players.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    @nitocris83 has the devs thought about adding 1-5 medalions to dungeon chests premium loot aswel as zen store?
  • malakay#8027 malakay Member Posts: 19 Arc User

> but many were hardly used

You know, actually I was perfectly content with my good old Vorpal, for example, and was hardly alone at that despite more people using Lightning or Bilethorn. But now the Zen purchase rates decided it's time for us and our good old enchantments to part ways. Thank you for cutting back on the variety of choices yet again, after the same thing was done to the other in-game systems such as leveling or builds. Who needs choices in an RPG anyway, right? A hundred kinds of exotic dung! Everything should be neat and uniform, and preferably take years of free grind to obtain, which the players don't have because the 'reworks' are pumped out too fast, and each new rework punishes the player base for grinding out the previous ones. Oh, and please don't forget to roll it out on live ASAP so we can all taste-test for ya and diligently point out all the bugs that render half of these fancy overcomplicated new systems unusable.

I perfectly understand that with the way this has been going for the last few years your target demographics are almost exclusively new players who spent less than a year playing, so they basically have no experience to make a comparison. Us whiny boomers just need to go away with our nostalgia and whine somewhere else, I get that. But even if those potential new players are so gullible as to pay their way to the current BiS as soon as they reach level 20 they still need to be motivated to do so, and without actual content to play with that BiS gear that is highly unlikely. Even less so that they will stick around and keep paying after another 'rework' descends upon their previous purchases and makes them all useless out of the blue.
    That is, I can understand the desire to milk it to the last drop and then resell it to some hopeless MMO-graveyard, but even the milking process itself looks like it's in a bad need of some long and hard QA testing. You guys sure this is the way it should go?

That said, been around since 2014 and hasn't been prone to ranting until now, but seeing so much potential getting wasted due to bad management hurts too much at this point

you are so right :)
  • prodekol#5203 prodekol Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Bug Report: I tried to exchange my Frost Enchantment, Rank 8, and the vendor displays a message that I don't have enough Rank 9...I wasted a Coalescent Mote to upgrade to Rank 9, and now the scholar displays a message that I don't have enough Rank 10. I cannot exchange this enchantment for the Illusion or Medallions. Was told by support this is a known issue. Please fix (ticket 694953)!

• hardrockl1lhardrockl1l Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Hi @noworry and Devs Team, May you please fix the issue of enchants and insignias currently on consoles to stackable even though they are same type, same rank?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    ...and what about the compensation for the 30k IL Character Boost bought before Mod. 22?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • masteryoda#6623 masteryoda Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    New refinement system is ridiculous now looking at 450 pres wards to upgrade a single enchantment just once, or 1 very over priced coal, and neither wards or coals are particularly easy to grind, leaves me not wanting to bother upgrading anything at all takes too much far too much time or costs far too much money.

I have been playing for almost a year never had an issue with the upgrading system, till now, and I can't imagine what new players must think when they see the big pay wall almost being forced down our throats.
    edited February 2022

New refinement system is ridiculous now looking at 450 pres wards to upgrade a single enchantment just once, or 1 very over priced coal, and neither wards or coals are particularly easy to grind, leaves me not wanting to bother upgrading anything at all takes too much far too much time or costs far too much money.

I have been playing for almost a year never had an issue with the upgrading system, till now, and I can't imagine what new players must think when they see the big pay wall almost being forced down our throats.

100 p-ward and 1 c-mote is the same price. In previous system, upgrade from r14 to r15 was 1%. Current r1 is higher grade than previous r15. So, 1% probability is kind of inline.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    While I really dislike this new upgrade system, I have run all content (outside the new trial) without enchants on when we had temp enchants. We really don't have content that requires this insane jump in IL. People who think getting all mythic enchants will somehow magically make their toon go from useless to perfect, may have other issues than upgrading enchants to deal with.

As for the new trial, running it with my offensive enchants still at rank 2, rest being mythic. Even then I switched from using defensive food items to using offensive food items on my tank because our survivability is a bit overkill at this point. Will be testing apoc set-up with scorp in next upcoming training.

Nightmare event, summer fest, winter fest and invoking can all help upgrade the enchants over time, there just isn't a reason to rush upgrading. We know they don't want feedback even though the devs claimed they did, since their thread about the upgrade system was locked, so no point even trying.

People who think getting all mythic enchants will somehow magically make their toon go from useless to perfect, may have other issues than upgrading enchants to deal with.

Many upgrade the enchant to mythic is because of its Account wide aspect to support multiple characters they have. Of course, they don't "have to" because it is easier to move enchant among characters in mod 22 comparing with previous mods.
  • masteryoda#6623 masteryoda Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2022
    > @plasticbat said:
    > 100 p-ward and 1 c-mote is the same price. In previous system, upgrade from r14 to r15 was 1%. Current r1 is higher grade than previous r15. So, 1% probability is kind of inline.

Before you only needed 1 pres ward to protect all regents, now you need 1 for each regent or just 1 coal ward do, that means to upgrade an enchantment without burning a ton of other resources your looking at up to 450 pres wards in zen that's 4500 zen in a AD that's over 4million ad to guarantee 1 single upgrade.

Or yes 1 coal more at 1000 zen currently in ah well on PS4 at 1.2mill AD.

And I'm just talking enchantments right now, no telling what it's like with other gear that doesn't even appear to have a garunteed cut off point for attempted upgrades.

And one can say the AH price doesn't matter but it kinda does when one considers majority of presswards and coal mote in the AH come from the zen store and people are obviously going to want some profit from their zen of course but now it's kinda one sided, why even bother with presswards anymore at all.

Now just have to hope RNGesus gifts me with a coal mote from juma bags 'yay' for almost every single upgrade in the game from gear to artifacts to enchantments.
  • fabricjumperfabricjumper Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    NVM
    Post edited by fabricjumper on
    edited March 2022
    Well, another month gone, and still no official word on how the problem with the 30k IL Character Boost bought before Mod. 22 is going to be resolved...

"Contact CS."

Yeah, right, and then getting told by regular and "special" GMs that there is nothing they can do, so now what?!
    Want to know why?
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Well, another month gone, and still no official word on how the problem with the 30k IL Character Boost bought before Mod. 22 is going to be resolved...

"Contact CS."

Yeah, right, and then getting told by regular and "special" GMs that there is nothing they can do, so now what?!

get even more Ocd about it and sprinkle even more salty posts in the forums lol :D and @ tag every single employee/ dev possible :D
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    I am pretty certain that most people that still play the game after a long time do know whats wrong with it and have completely different reasons to not quit than the good quality of the game :D
    - bye bye -
    kalina311 said:

regenerde said:

"Contact CS."

get even more Ocd about it and sprinkle even more salty posts in the forums lol :D and @ tag every single employee/ dev possible :D
    Well, i'm a bit strange - when i buy something, i expect it to work. And if it stops working, then i expect the company that sold the item to me to either replace or repair it, nothing special.

Besides, just saw this thread getting another comment and thought, oh well, let's give it another try...
    Want to know why?
  • azimuth#5783 azimuth Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Just come back after 2 years to see this. This is a total utter game changer. I’ve spent years of grind, hard earned AD just to be put back again to repeat the old tosh over again because my enchantments are not worthy.
    So basically instead of new content you’ve introduced a way of making us weaker so we have to grind, spend AD on the same BS over again.
    Deleting this game. Sick of Devs ruining it.
  • crimsonxsage#1100 crimsonxsage Member Posts: 1 New User
    Where do enchantments drop? They're too expensive
  • ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    u can get bound ones from intro campagin and battle passes

Where do enchantments drop? They're too expensive

Rank 1 enchantment is 100K in Sage shop.