test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where do you get reinforcements?

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 584 Arc User
The 40000 in stats you upgraded us too-temporarily- now my stats are 32,000 and I had them at 35,000 when you temporarily upgraded us. Was that to show us how much the lower stats suck so we will spend as much money as necessary to upgrade????? I really enjoyed the 40,000 and I kept upgrading as much as I could with companions and mounts so I was over 44,000 when all of a sudden today I am 32000. So I lost the ones I made since the-temporary-upgrade and what I had before, why the H am I 3 thou lower?
AND WHERE DO YOU BUY REINFORCEMENTS AND I THOUGHT ARE ENCHANTMENTS LIKE 9-15 WOULD BE ABLE TO BE TRADED IN FOR SOMETHING THAT WORKS. i TRADED SOME OF MINE IN AND HAVE 40 ENCHANTMENT MEDALLIONS THAT DON'T GO ANYWHERE. Somebody help please.

Comments

• aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    I think you have several questions--
    1) Reinforcements are for all your gear--some are for armor (head, body, arms, and feet) and some are for Rings, neck and belt. The two showing for pants and shirt are not able to be filled the same way as the others, so ignore those for now.

All the reinforcements can be made through the professions; however, if you do not have specific workers that provide a good cost benefit, you may want to purchase them on the AH. Look for the +1 versions--for example, a Blacksmith can make a Major Power armor kit, or you can purchase it on the AH.

2) Item Level: You will find that the companions and mounts will provide good item level boosts. The old enchantments did not provide much of a boost. with the exception of the armor and weapon enchantments. The new system is somewhat similar--you will get quite a boost from the Weapon enchantment at mythic (5,000 I think) and you will get a good boost from your companion enchantment both in stats (if you use an augment) or damage (if you use an active companion). The boost from the new enchantments are more than the old ones, but you need to purchase them or trade in old enchantments that were above rank 9 to get them. You can purchase rank 1 from Brada the sage, or check the AH for prices on others--people may be selling Rank 2 for a better price.

3) Trading Enchantments: If you have rank 10-15, Cryptic removed them from your gear and placed them in your mailbox. Get them from your mailbox, place them in your inventory, and go to the Antiquities Vendor to exchange them. Make certain you exchange them in multiples of 30 so that you can get at least a rank 1 enchantment--otherwise you might as well sell them for AD on the Auction House.

4) Medallions: You mentioned trading in enchantments, so you are familiar with the Antiquities Vendor. The medallions are used to purchase the new enchantments from the vendor. My personal opinion is that if you have 60 medallions, buy a rank 2 enchantment instead of two rank 1. If you have 120, definitely purchase the rank 4 weapon/companion enchantment. AGAIN--only trade in old enchantments in groups of 30--any odd amounts should be kept as enchantments and sold on the Auction House for AD.

Hope this helps.
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    aslan3775 said:

...The two showing for pants and shirt are not able to be filled the same way as the others, so ignore those for now.

TL/DR: Dev said on stream yesterday the pants and shirt reinforcements are definitely panned for the future.

Interestingly all pants and shirts have had the capability of reinforcements, there was a mod in the past that had them as a campaign reward. The option has just been hidden since then. With the mod changes the reinforcement slots became unhidden and Jared, the Dev on stream, said instead of hiding them again they plan on adding the kits into the game.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited January 2022

aslan3775 said:

...The two showing for pants and shirt are not able to be filled the same way as the others, so ignore those for now.

TL/DR: Dev said on stream yesterday the pants and shirt reinforcements are definitely panned for the future.

Interestingly all pants and shirts have had the capability of reinforcements, there was a mod in the past that had them as a campaign reward. The option has just been hidden since then. With the mod changes the reinforcement slots became unhidden and Jared, the Dev on stream, said instead of hiding them again they plan on adding the kits into the game.
    Yes, there were reinforcements for shirt and pants in Storm King campaign to go against 'everfrost' damage (not sure if the name is right) but that damage was removed mods later. I bet the reinforcement slot for shirt/pant were always there (within the database) but it was just hidden in the UI display. When they change the UI in mod 22, they might just show it by accident and now "panned for the future".

By the way, when OP said "reinforcement" (only mentioned in the title), I don't think he referred to reinforcement kits.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    aslan3775 said:

4) Medallions: You mentioned trading in enchantments, so you are familiar with the Antiquities Vendor. The medallions are used to purchase the new enchantments from the vendor. My personal opinion is that if you have 60 medallions, buy a rank 2 enchantment instead of two rank 1. If you have 120, definitely purchase the rank 4 weapon/companion enchantment. AGAIN--only trade in old enchantments in groups of 30--any odd amounts should be kept as enchantments and sold on the Auction House for AD.

I would suggest not even group of 30 but group of 60, 90 or 120. Because group of 30 only gives you one R1 which can be bought in Sage shop for 100K AD.
    The 30 medallion worth of old enchantment should yield more than 100K AD in AH, probably, 900K AD.

Many needs few medallions to make their (say) 117 to 120. They are willing to pay 35K to get a r10 in AH instead of 40K for each medallion from vendor. If you have 30 r10 and say you only post it as very low 33K AD each. After commission, you would get about 900K AD. You can buy 9 R1 in Sage shop instead of just one through the medallions.

Another place to get enchantment is in AH. Last time I check, R3 combat/companion choice pack was 360K AD.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User

By the way, when OP said "reinforcement" (only mentioned in the title), I don't think he referred to reinforcement kits.

Maybe @jana#2651 meant, hired mercenaries? I often loan my crew out as meat shields jana, I only charge you 6 Altairian dollars, ten Bison dollars, or any NFT of your choice. I really like Bison dollars, because once Bison kidnaps the queen, the exchange rate will be one Bison dollar to 5 British pounds. What my reinforcements do - unlike the others mentioned on this thread - they work. My mercenaries will block attacks by enemies, run around on fire screaming like a little girl, and otherwise distract the enemies by any possible means.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the B-Team. :trollface:

Just killing time...
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User

aslan3775 said:

I would suggest not even group of 30 but group of 60, 90 or 120. Because group of 30 only gives you one R1 which can be bought in Sage shop for 100K AD.
    The 30 medallion worth of old enchantment should yield more than 100K AD in AH, probably, 900K AD.

Many need a few medallions to make their (say) 117 to 120. They are willing to pay 35K to get a r10 in AH instead of 40K for each medallion from vendor. If you have 30 r10 and say you only post it as very low 33K AD each. After commission, you would get about 900K AD. You can buy 9 R1 in Sage shop instead of just one through the medallions.

Another place to get enchantment is in AH. Last time I check, R3 combat/companion choice pack was 360K AD.
    I was actually going to post a link to one of your other threads, but I got distracted and forgot. Thanks for jumping in with the info. =)
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    Thank you everyone they sure do know how to make this game confusing and waster your time