test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Class Streams

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
If we were to do Neverwinter Class streams, there are various ways we could format them, each with their own pros and cons. For example, one stream per class means tougher scheduling logistics and potentially a lengthy time to cover them all. Another option is to combine some classes but that would also potentially mean not covering as much in-depth per class. So, if we were to do class streams, what would your preference be?

Class Streams 250 votes

One stream per class
79% 198 votes
Bundled classes by role (tank stream, healer stream, dps stream split into subgroups)
18% 46 votes
Bundled classes randomly
0% 2 votes
Other (please comment)
1% 4 votes

Comments

• b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    One class per stream.. It may take longer but I know for one I wouldn't want cleric bundled into a Healer stream and a DPS stream.. I'd rather wait for dedicated Cleric Stream.
  • rainbow#6026 rainbow Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    One stream per class pls
  • blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    I also voted one class per stream.

Thanks
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited January 2022

If we were to do Neverwinter Class streams, there are various ways we could format them, each with their own pros and cons. For example, one stream per class means tougher scheduling logistics and potentially a lengthy time to cover them all. Another option is to combine some classes but that would also potentially mean not covering as much in-depth per class. So, if we were to do class streams, what would your preference be?

When comes talks about, classes, either about their status or plans for them. Well, each class have two paragon paths, so it would be better for focus about one class per stream. To go deeper about them. And also avoid situation that, one class talks overshadow other class..

Also, why not do stream slighly different and more interesting. Some extra falvour for streaming?

For start,, why not do some for fun Dungeon run competition.
    Then community try beat devs speed in same dungeon run.

After dves pick dungeon and clear it.. For next stream time, players apply for challenge, and chance to be featured(hosted) in their apptempt to beat devs in speed run.

Consider it some small devs vs community and dungeon speed run competition. :)

p.s due rush by accident cut message and only draft remained. Sorry.
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    What is the intended outcome of these streams @nitocris83 ?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    One Class per stream and even up to 2 streams per Class if needed in order to be able to pass on directly and possibly have them literally Live test/be able to see in-game, the issues in action.

• shadow#5054 shadow Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    b0rkch0p said:

What will these streams be for? To identify problems with certain skills? (And they have problems with skills that have not been fixed since module 16, as well as the bard class, which has not been fixed since its release).

Would love to see the class actually being played in game while the streams are running / talking about the class. and by played I mean running content not sitting in PE walking around / hitting dummies
    I agree with this, but I would add that it would be cool if the content was from players in the community who are playing their toons at high levels rather than a basic "here is how to work the class"
  • geminisky59#9345 geminisky59 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    One stream per class. But honestly would rather see a stream on crafting/professions. We have balanced classes to death now. Let’s discuss something new.
  • shirghe#4424 shirghe Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited January 2022

It's also just a different communication style that some might prefer over written/form style.

Can we please have more communication about classes in the actual fixes style?
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    lipstick on a pig ... the community development program 2.0 ..

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me..fool me 3 times ..
  • anoreksjaanoreksja Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Noo, In my opinion discussing about Neverwinter classes (that no one has talked to us about before) on live stream is a really bad idea. Forum seems to be the right place for it.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    @nitocris83 pre-question post to address the the class q&a stream ahead, maybe sort them by like/awesome/insightful/agree votes on the question for priority when you ask in the stream might help
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User

Hey folks - gonna try to cover the broad question of what these streams would be about/for what and how they came about:

How it happened:

During every stream we get a lot of class-specific questions. While we can answer some during general streams, when the streams have specific topics like today's Refinement one, we have to set them aside for a better time. During today's stream I made a comment along the lines of classes being a whole other topic and would benefit from their own stream. There was a short commentary on how these would be formatted and after the stream @noworries#8859 and I discussed doing a poll.

This was not a planned announcement in any way, it happened organically based on discussion. No decisions were made during today's stream other than agreeing it had merit and we should look into how we could pull it off in a way that allowed for people's schedules and covered the questions that tend to come in.

What would it cover:

The current idea is to do it in a Q&A format. All those class specific questions that come up during other streams? Let's have a dedicated time to address those. This could be regarding powers, bugs, setup, gear, graphics, utility, etc. For a specific class.

Why not just stick to the forums?

In short: to cover more ground.
    While the forums are one of our major sources of communication, streams provide more personal and direct opportunities for the Team and Community to engage with each other. It's also just a different communication style that some might prefer over written/form style.

I also wanted to add that not every stream will be your cup of tea and that's ok. I know some folks find my casual streams frustrating because they just want to get questions answered (that I can't) while others don't enjoy the Q&As as much because things can get a bit toxic. The important part is balance in terms of content while also taking into consideration how much of a time commitment streams are for the team. It's not just the hour we're on camera, but also a lot of preparation ahead of time and debriefing afterwards.

Will this be all questions or as stated on previous stream ... i normally don't take questions from people like you.... AKA only friends private preview questions. Everyone's questions even the ones you don't like?
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• narutokyubi97233narutokyubi97233 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User

1 stream / class
  • irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    [Voted : Other + comment]
    Err.. I don't see any value in making a class stream. Everyone has a different desire for their class and they will give endless request, challenging questions or even complaints. The many hours spent making a stream will only backfire with more expectations. There are already pending bugs to solve and another layer of potential problems came pouring in. Time is wasted on preparing the characters for stream, to focus on new complaints, and things drag even more. Assume there is miracle and no complain, the best case scenario will be no result. People just continue to play their class the way it is.

What I believe will create value is to stream solely on bugs and fixes. Look at the big picture - every other mmorpg are your competitors, and they too will have patches. With it came thousands of bugs. The best mmorpg company is one where it can assure and protect the players well against bugs. Patch notes is that hidden gem to generate confidence and value, and stream can deliver even better results.

Which game would you best invest your time on?
    1) A game where devs would stream some topic content.
    2) A game where devs steam to communicate known issues and fixes as well as to give a hint of future plans and vision. They also documented content (class / refine /etc) as crystal clear patch notes.

Also a bonus suggestion - simply just to have fun playing games with other people. e.g. Join a vos game with 4 random players. It'd be fun and honorable to have a game and dev joined you. :p While playing there is community spirit and also bug finding opportunities.
  • modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    anna#4890 said:

We really don't need a full stream to discuss how great rogues and rangers are, but a stream focusing on barb tanking, one on pally healing, etc. Some classes are so nug ridden you could do one stream per paragon (bard and wizard)

+1 to this