test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

enchantments

ducksgutsducksguts Member Posts: 8 Arc User
I made 2 calculations to understand the cost of the modification to enchantments made over time.
I previously had 25 enchantments, half of which were at max level. to get there over time I spent real money on it and so let's say about 25-30 coalescents. now with the change I find myself at the exchange with 3 enchantments at the maximum level and the other slots empty. honestly, such a change looks like a theft. are we sure that the accounts you have made are correct?

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    You cannot do exchange only to get the maximum level. The best you can get is r4 for combat/companion/bonus and r2 for stat enchantment. The maximum level is r5.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • ducksgutsducksguts Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    and then let me understand, should I invest in other coalescents or what they are called now to do what I already had?
    edited January 2022
    ducksguts said:

and then let me understand, should I invest in other coalescents or what they are called now to do what I already had?

Investing more or not would be your decision.

If you want to trade in your old enchantment to get medallion, you should get at least 60, 90 or 120 lot. I would not trade in and have left over medallion because your old enchantment can be sold but you can't sell remainder medallion. For me, there is no point to get 30 medallions to get one R1 because R1 can be bought in Sage Shop for 100K AD. Your (say) "30 medallion worth" enchantments can be sold with more AD in AH.

By the way, R5 can be trade to have a account-wide R5. If you have many alts, it is an option to think about.
    Account wide R5 (account bound) cannot be sold but regular R5 (unbound) can be.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    ducksguts said:

You have to make that decision, but the community has seen now, that anything that had value, or was sold on the zen market(like rank 14 weapon/armor), can be changed on a whim. The value we were told, when things were bought for zen or on AH, are not concrete. People with 2500 medallions, should theoretically have close to 100 mil AD, if you bought them for 40k each from the turn in vendor. Instead you can turn them into 41 packs rank 2, with no other alternative to turn them into AD. Those packs are selling around 575-700k, at best. So we get around 1/4 of supposed AD value from last week, or even when dealing with the turn in merchant and needing medallions at 40k each. They gave us pennies on the dollar, and expect people to build back to buy 32 more coal wards. Again, every player has to make the choice with how this was handled, but try not to be deceived again, or expect things to be the same value tomorrow as they are today. That is their AD sink, they instantly devalue things, instead of offering quality items on a regular basis like the eclipse lion.
    I think I understand, in practice for years he was invited to have the charms then one morning someone decided that the investment was going slowly and therefore it was necessary to find a way to invest more money. the decision to make at least as far as I'm concerned is to finish the vip time I have left and then not log in anymore as I already did for a long time after the changes in the valley of the dragons. honestly I'm sick of being fooled.
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    ducksguts said:

I think I understand, in practice for years he was invited to have the charms then one morning someone decided that the investment was going slowly and therefore it was necessary to find a way to invest more money. the decision to make at least as far as I'm concerned is to finish the vip time I have left and then not log in anymore as I already did for a long time after the changes in the valley of the dragons. honestly I'm sick of being fooled.

I've already been informed by many in our alliance, they are done. As many have stated, we are constantly on damage control with our builds, instead of enjoying content.

Edit: I'm hoping that gearbox can turn this around, and can treat the player base better, that has supported the game for years. Maybe in Feb, when they take over, things will change.
  • blackurn1blackurn1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    In reading these posts, I'm seeing references to acct bound enchantments that are cheaper as well as purchasing enchantment at a sage shop. Is there a place, other than this forum, to learn about these things? I've read all the posts made by the Cryptic team but they don't say anything about an alternate to their exchange via the antiquities dealer...
    Any direction would be appreciated.
    edited January 2022
    blackurn1 said:

In reading these posts, I'm seeing references to acct bound enchantments that are cheaper as well as purchasing enchantment at a sage shop. Is there a place, other than this forum, to learn about these things? I've read all the posts made by the Cryptic team but they don't say anything about an alternate to their exchange via the antiquities dealer...

The knowledge were gained from various places:
    1. preview forum. There are threads about mod 22 for a month now.
    2. check it out in preview server and try stuff out without losing stuff.
    3. Sometime, dev may write a blog.

If you just want pure information without doing it yourself, yes, this forum for fragment of information here and there.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    My biggest concern, actually, is that the only way to get those new enchantments is just by trading old ones, and even only R10+ can be traded. Definetely, it is not "new player friendly", unles i'm missing other ways to get those new enchantments.

It would be nice if those lockboxes could drop the new enchantments as one of their rewards. At least, ppl would have a reason to spend zen and buy keys; or even, maybe, put the new enchants on salo on tamarlune tradebar store...
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User

My biggest concern, actually, is that the only way to get those new enchantments is just by trading old ones, and even only R10+ can be traded. Definetely, it is not "new player friendly", unles i'm missing other ways to get those new enchantments.

It would be nice if those lockboxes could drop the new enchantments as one of their rewards. At least, ppl would have a reason to spend zen and buy keys; or even, maybe, put the new enchants on salo on tamarlune tradebar store...

They put some r1 enchants into the capstone missions for some of the leveling zones from Icespire Peak on and, I think, replaced the Heart of Fire enchant in the Acquisitions Inc line with an r1 choice pack. There are a lot of the old enchants still around, however: some of the individual mission rewards, some of the Reputation rewards, the Zen store, etc.
  • melysandra#9744 melysandra Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Why are enchanting stones still dropping in Celestial Bags of Refining and the Coffer of Celestial Artifacts? Those are now useless with the new enchantments. Shouldn't motes or preservation wards be dropping instead? Also, what about the Campaigns that still have Rank 4 and 5 enchantments as rewards? Storm King's Thunder -> Supply The Elk Tribe still drops Rank 5 Gigantic Enchantments as a reward. Is this going to be changed to make the rewards more relevant to the new enchantment system? Why were things like this overlooked with the MOD 22 rollout? It seems that enchantments as rewards were a big part of the game, and it was overlooked how integrated they were into the rewards system. Will there be additional changes to the rewards for the Adventures and Campaigns in the near future, or will we have to wait for an additional MOD for the fix? So many questions....
  • blackurn1blackurn1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User

blackurn1 said:

The knowledge were gained from various places:
    1. preview forum. There are threads about mod 22 for a month now.
    2. check it out in preview server and try stuff out without losing stuff.
    3. Sometime, dev may write a blog.

If you just want pure information without doing it yourself, yes, this forum for fragment of information here and there.
    Guess I'm a noob - I ignorantly expected important information about huge changes made to the game to come from the company who published the game. I read the official posts and proceeded accordingly. As a result, I have a number of empty enchant spots on my main...
    I very recently returned to Neverwinter after being away for well over a year. Looks like a mistake. :anguished:
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Unless I misunderstood their post, you have a week of temp enchants after logging in the first time after m22 landed. For most of us, that means the temps turned to dust today.

If you are looking at your gear and seeing an empty hole, that is a lack of reinforcement in that gear.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

Why are enchanting stones still dropping in Celestial Bags of Refining and the Coffer of Celestial Artifacts? Those are now useless with the new enchantments. Shouldn't motes or preservation wards be dropping instead? Also, what about the Campaigns that still have Rank 4 and 5 enchantments as rewards? Storm King's Thunder -> Supply The Elk Tribe still drops Rank 5 Gigantic Enchantments as a reward. Is this going to be changed to make the rewards more relevant to the new enchantment system? Why were things like this overlooked with the MOD 22 rollout? It seems that enchantments as rewards were a big part of the game, and it was overlooked how integrated they were into the rewards system. Will there be additional changes to the rewards for the Adventures and Campaigns in the near future, or will we have to wait for an additional MOD for the fix? So many questions....

Enchanting stone can still be used to upgrade Artifact and Artifact Equipment.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User

My biggest concern, actually, is that the only way to get those new enchantments is just by trading old ones,

Bradda sells them for AD in her Save's Shop in PE.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother

that is another point, armor enchant less to 10 used for refinig?? I used in different toon 2 coalescent for it then?
    edited January 2022
    ducksguts said:

that is another point, armor enchant less to 10 used for refinig?? I used in different toon 2 coalescent for it then?
    It can be used for visual effect. Because of that and if it has good visual effect, it could be an expensive item in the future when the item cannot be found/made anymore.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    I still don't get one thing: IF I can upgrade any enchant to rank 5 (I guess it's the max possible so far) I can trade it for an account-wide unlock, right? So, I can redeem as many enchants of that I made acc-wide or not? IE, if I upgrade the jade enchantment to rank 5 and trade it for an acc-wide unlock, I can get 4 of it from the reclaim agent to slot on my toon?
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    You can get one for each character on your account from that single r5.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.