test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

P2W CoK live tomorrow (no way to unlock without paying)

anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
So yet again you make important game announcements via Twitter only because it's not like we have an in-game home page where you can announce stuff.

More than that, it is made clear from quest giving NPCs and from the campaign store that in order to unlock the quest for the trial, you need to finish the 5th campaign task. This campain task requires 750 Northen War Commendations to complete. With the campaign being out for 2 weeks, non-paying players have accumulated a maximum of 600 currency - so to be able to play the new trial as it goes live, you'd need to purchase campaign currency through the Zen store. You can only do this through the Pack of the Undying, which gives 100 Northern War Commendations, so you'd have to buy two of them at a whooping 4800 Zen (clearly "coincidentally" on sale this week, as per a very accurate and totally not-out-of-date blog post).

Given that the alleged reason this trial was not on preview for extended periods of time was to not allow some people to practice it ahead of the vast majority of the player base, the fact that you are now going to allow people who pay to practice it before everyone else kinda defeats the point. Game is totally not pay to win tho, right?

Comments

• tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    If your numbers are correct (I admit i didn't check, and won't check) :

I don't see that as pay to win, but as pay for your lack of patience... oups, sorry, pay to get access earlier.

I LOL to who will spend money/Zen to get access to the trial 1week earlier.
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User

I don't see that as pay to win, but as paid for your lack of patience... oups, sorry, pay to get access earlier.

So it's pay to play on the 18th.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    stark760 said:

I don't see that as pay to win, but as paid for your lack of patience... oups, sorry, pay to get access earlier.

It is more pay to be the tester to find out the bugs on 18th.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    stark760 said:

If you are impatient, it's pay to play on the 18th.
    If you are patient, it's free to play on the 24th.

Depend in which category you consider yourself to be.
    I'm in the patient one.

(I should put that as my forum signature, it's a a proverb i frequently use :
    Patience is a virtue that can only be acquired through patience)
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    The trial is unlocked at 600
    Elite Whaleboy
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    At what levels do the judge, jury, and excutioners get unlocked?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    > @wilbur626 said:
    > The trial is unlocked at 600

Now that is actual info! Where did you get that? And thanks for posting.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Yeah because the people that run the latest piece of content first have never ever HAMSTER on other players before in NW's history. lol
    Its pay to be first because that will make people pay. If everybody in NW is so super patient and calm and collected there's no money.

They are feeding into the bad aspects of the game so much harder than into the good (because thats what drives the sales) that its hard to see people still caring so much.
    It's almost like elitism and anger and disappointment are the only strong enough things to get players moving instead of ugh.. idk... wonder, joy, companionship (and other sappy HAMSTER like that)
    - bye bye -
    Step 5 of the campaign is the trial. The dragon has the information on it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    anna#4890 said:

> @wilbur626 said:
    > The trial is unlocked at 600

Now that is actual info! Where did you get that? And thanks for posting.

On preview, we got the quest at 600, that might have changed though. But also, pretty sure you can only buy ONE pack, if it works like all the other similar packs. So people will access it on the same day regardless of paying or not.
    arazith07 said:

On preview, we got the quest at 600, that might have changed though. But also, pretty sure you can only buy ONE pack, if it works like all the other similar packs. So people will access it on the same day regardless of paying or not.

You can definitely buy several packs!
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    > @anna#4890 said:
    > > @wilbur626 said:
    > > The trial is unlocked at 600
    >
    > Now that is actual info! Where did you get that? And thanks for posting.

It changed from 600 on preview to 750 on live, so my info was outdated. Sorry about that. I asked devs about this several times during preview and was told that unlock at 600 was intended. I also completed the campaign several times during preview, so I guess this was a last minute change to squeeze a few zen out of the eager ones 😂
    Elite Whaleboy
    wilbur626 said:

It changed from 600 on preview to 750 on live, so my info was outdated. Sorry about that. I asked devs about this several times during preview and was told that unlock at 600 was intended. I also completed the campaign several times during preview, so I guess this was a last minute change to squeeze a few zen out of the eager ones 😂

LMAO stay classy Neverwinter. Sigh.
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    Zen can be purchased with AD. No need to spend actual $ if something costs zen, so this is not pay to win
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    In Neverwinter, waiting a week is not a big deal.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    masteroga said:

Zen can be purchased with AD. No need to spend actual $ if something costs zen, so this is not pay to win

How long a wait is the backlog now?
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    greywynd said:

masteroga said:

How long a wait is the backlog now?
    275+ days i think? But who's counting? 1 week supposedly isn't a long wait, so what difference is 39 weeks?
  • yamioni#9870 yamioni Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    anna#4890 said:

So yet again you make important game announcements via Twitter only because it's not like we have an in-game home page where you can announce stuff.

Rest assured you aren't the only one who finds this kind of behavior absolutely infuriating.