test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disconnect loading into dungeons/trials

2»

Comments

• dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    I had a new interesting something happening and a new theory.

1. Usually if you're in the loading screen waiting for the 'disconnect' message to pop up, you can still hear the pling sound if someone whispers you. This time though, I could hear everything that was happening around my character in the loading screen, when I got the disconnect message, and even on the login screen and character selection screen.
    2. Theory: this happens to players who have the game installed on a HDD rather than an SSD. Which means, something goes wrong with loading - something is too slow or some error occurs - and instead of handling that, the game logs the player off, forcing them to reload everything.

I would like to reiterate that this is not an occasional bug. I would say it happens about once every hour of play on average. It occurs more often when you load a lot (Master Expeditions, dungeons) and it doesn't occur when there's no loading screens (like questing and farming hunt materials in Avernus).
    Nope, I bought a new SSD for other, unrelated issues and even with the game installed on that + new mod, this is still occurring.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    I come back to this thread just in case I can help someone.

I had this issue since mod 16, disconnecting just after entering trials / dungeons and having to wait 1 min to connect again. Also (I think is related) sometimes inside dungeons, after loading a new map, I was suffering from a effect of camera, the map was loaded and I could move but the camera was in other spot, just trying to go where my char was, losing 5-8 secs. It happened a lot in big areas usually in LoMM

This effects dissapeared (1 month ago, didnt see anymore both effects) when I changed my internet connection. The curious thing is that I didnt change the ISP provider, just the type of connection (fiber with coaxial before to FTTH now).

Even if I have some knowledge about this things, I cant explain how this change may fix this problem. The only thing that comes to mind is that it could be a router issue but I dont know.

Just in case it helps
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
    Okay, more stuff happened:

1. I queued into RTQ with a few friends
    2. I DCed like 'usual'
    3. I logged back in
    4. I loaded into demogorgon
    5. I was entirely by myself, I asked my friends what happened. They said they were the only ones in the instance and they left.
    6. I left, too. But when I automatically clicked confirm to confirm that I wanted to leave the queue, I noticed there was red text, and people had started appearing around me.
    7. Turns out I ended up with a penalty for leaving a queue. This was entirely unjustified.
    8. My friends re made the queue and could not queue with me in it

So IDK what is up but even if I d/c on loading why did this happen? Did it place me in a different instance than my friends? If I were placed in the same instance, why did it give me the penalty, since other people had already left it? Or if I were placed in a new instance, WHY?
  • borbaranger#3645 borbaranger Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    @nitocris83 I wanted to ask your help with this topic. I still have this problem, every single time when I´m joining a map with a group (Crown, TOMM, Zariel...) I´m disconnected. However, if the team is already there (let´s say it´s missing one player) and I'm invited, then I move to the map instantly.
    I've run multiple traceroute tests and submitted the reports to support team, but I never got a solution. Funny thing is, I'm playing from Michigan and most of my friends from Brazil who I play with don't have that problem. My ISP is ComCast, 1gb speed.
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    @borbaranger#3645 A fellow Alliance members have the exact same issue. He force verify and it solved his issue, give it a try.
    nic1985 said:

@borbaranger#3645 A fellow Alliance members have the exact same issue. He force verify and it solved his issue, give it a try.

I'll try and let you know if it works.

nic1985 said:

It did NOT work...I don't know how to solve this annoying issue.

I finally “fixed” my issue. I had to use a VPN, changed to San Francisco server and no disconnection anymore.
  • d3drkshadowd3drkshadow Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Ii tried the force verify, resetting the computer, power cycling the modem, connected wifi, and with ethernet cable still disconnect from random queues plus running 2 alts through acquisitions incorporated disconnected on every new task from the airship. Also ran through the dwarven king disconnected on every new location. Doesnt mater if i am on the computer with a regular hard drive or the other on with a ssd and both have 16gigs of memory. I have no disconnection issues in other games
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Change your ISP. I dont have an explanation, did thousands of tests and my connection was perfect in any game. Changed the type of connection from coaxial to FTTH and problem was fixed
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • muschellka#7783 muschellka Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    I have a fiber internet and no problems in other games except this. Ever since they did that idiotic loading in the last module,I'm getting disconnections when content requires loading screen. In the case of trials/dungeons it disconnects me twice and the wait time is sometimes longer than 2 minutes, which results that sometimes people trying to remove me from queue.
    Please fix this, because it's really annoying.