test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Artifact weapons cube refund, due to bug.

somveraasomveraa Member Posts: 38 Arc User
Due to an issue where Artifact Modifications were reset, players who logged in to Neverwinter before December 16, 2021 can claim 220 Augment Cubes, once per account, from the Reward Claims Agent. This will be available until March 7th, 2022.

That is not even close to enough for one character with multiple weapons that they use, let alone an account full.

Please do better than this, the people who spend money on this game are often people who've played for a bit, and that's a slap in the face to them.

It needs to be ATLEAST that per character, not account, but more like 500 per character, or make it where you can CHOOSE which it unlocks, instead of being random.

Comments

• jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    Ive been looking for that mysterious place where you turn in your enchantments for what ever there using this month. I didn't see any cubes like that offered. I thought those cubes of augmentation are no good now like all the enchantments we are still getting as rewards for things. The claim agent gave me a vorpal something and something else and none of them go into any of my equipment so what are they for. This game is getting to be way more work than fun for me.
  • lordmelchett#1830 lordmelchett Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    That's it, 220 per account?
    Who even calculated this number?

Should be more like 2200 - and even then probably a lot of people spent more.

These cubes come from lockboxes which people pay real money for the enchanting keys to open.
    Cryptic, please do better than that - it's your own fault those weapon modifications got reset; and people including myself have raised it numerous times during the preview testing.
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 383 Arc User
    How about fixing it properly and setting the artifact modifications back to what they were?

Yes it might be difficult, but I don't believe it's impossible...
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    mintmark said:

How about fixing it properly and setting the artifact modifications back to what they were?

You are greatly overestimating their capabilities or likely interest in doing anything more about it.

Best they probably did is determine the average number of cubes spent in the past X amount of time based on least to most spent, then refund that average.

That would be how they decided on 220. Given the time frame, I'd guess they looked at numbers spent since Dec 16th last year.

People spending thousands would be considered outliers and not taken into consideration. There comes a point where, as cruel as it sounds; it simply becomes your problem, not theirs.

From what I remember it was determined that the average Cubes spent per weapon set is around 60, so even if we double that to 120 for vastly extreme spend cases; that means anyone requesting anything near the 2200 mark; which btw in base Cube cost is equal to ~33 million AD, which no-one actually spends even close to; would have to be carrying, at all times; 18.333333333 weapon sets.

If you have at minimum, one of each class; that comes to 2 weapon sets per class.

If you are spending absurd amounts of cubes on Alts, well.. tbh I can't see anyone having much sympathy for you.

The average number of classes played by people is 2; average number of weapon sets per character is 1. So that'd come out to 240 cubes would fix the problem for the largest number of people.

I did a test while typing this, upgraded a weapon set to as maxed as I could realistically; starting with no powers/stats being the one I wanted.

20 cubes for both Power selections
    12 for the stat.
    7 for 2433/2500

So 39 cubes for the best reasonable weapon set you're getting. Given how often you get what you want by default, this number can plummet easily.

And again, a problem that could have been handled much better. The history repeats.

This was reported in preview many times, I cant understand how it can go live. Even if it is something that must be done because of coding-technical reasons, the minimum thing you spect is something like an apologice and explanation before it goes live.

You create a problem, people identify it, report it, and.... the void. Then once everyone is affected, a bad solution for everyone.

How this can happen again and again?

Cryptic should give 1000 cubes per character (bound) with a timer on them to dissapear. And still it wont change that the company handled this very poorly.

Exactly this ^^

Giving timed cubes to each character is a reasonable solution for this issue that could have been easily avoided in the first place.
  • furryicecubes#8646 furryicecubes Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    tgwolf said:

mintmark said:

I did a test while typing this, upgraded a weapon set to as maxed as I could realistically; starting with no powers/stats being the one I wanted.

20 cubes for both Power selections
    12 for the stat.
    7 for 2433/2500

So 39 cubes for the best reasonable weapon set you're getting. Given how often you get what you want by default, this number can plummet easily.
    Good for you.

I have 4 weapon sets on my main, and previously had all the modifications on the main hands, since I both tank and DPS on my fighter, most of the modifications on the off hands, and a a large majority of the stats both unlocked and rolled to 2.3k+.

At 4 weapon sets that's 24 cubes per main hand (6 mods), minimum of (AP, Forte, Recharge, Stamina, Crit Sev) 20 cubes per offhand modification, and then 40 cubes just to unlock the stats since I like the ability to swap between them. That's before considering how much it takes me to get decent rolls on each stat.

That's 84 cubes per weapon set before considering rolls. At 4 sets that's 336 cubes.

So yeah, 500 cubes is not unreasonable at all. More would be even better.
  • benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Firstly I agree with the sentiment 220 cubes isn't enough. I have 9 characters and it wont even scratch the surface. Whilst the above average argument makes mathematical sense, that's not good enough. This is an error of the Dev's making, an error that was spotted in preview but they decided to compound their initial error by releasing it live anyway, because you know who cares about the player base.

This is all on the Dev's they shouldn't be fobbing us off with an average response where some people will make and some will loose, either fix the problem properly, or if that is beyond them, over compensate us for once, take the hit for their mistake themselves for once rather than making it our problem and walking away like they've done us a favour.

Secondly the above is all mute at the moment, as where do we get these cubes from? I cant see anything in the Reward Claims agent currently.
    benyr said:

This is all on the Dev's they shouldn't be fobbing us off with an average response where some people will make and some will loose, either fix the problem properly, or if that is beyond them, over compensate us for once, take the hit for their mistake themselves for once rather than making it our problem and walking away like they've done us a favour.

Yep, agreed.
    There is no hit on game economy if they hand out character bound cubes on each toon that owned weapons before their cut-off date.
    benyr said:

Secondly the above is all mute at the moment, as where do we get these cubes from? I cant see anything in the Reward Claims agent currently.

These will only be available after the patch today.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I have 4 toons I run, my main (fighter) has 2 lionheart sets (one for tank spec, one for dps spec), Mastercraft set (when running with guildies who have the set), Watcher set (it does have nice stats to run from time to time), I also have some older sets that I don't make any use of anymore but have spent cubes on previously; I had to pick a set (went MC set) and just spent 800k on cubes re-fixing it "enough", I set the crit avoid and threatening rush, left the forte there though its a useless stat since I didn't want to spend more on their mistake.

My pally (needing 2 wep sets) and Warlock (just started building for a third option as we knew account wide enchants were coming, was planning on making it both dps and heal specs) and my HR (2 weapon sets, mirage and lionheart)

220 cubes covers 2 weapon sets on my main toon...that's it. I'm still down a lot more than that. Character bound cubes we can claim per toon is good by me, 220 isn't enough though.

Other than that, just re-unlock everything and cap out the rolls, never making use of these god awful cubes ever again for future gear.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    I would just keep most cubes for the next weapon sets. No point to open up everything of "old" at this stage.
    At least, they stay in the last choice we chose. If that happen to be the choice you actually always use (yes, this may not be the case for some), the only thing that may need to tune for the "current" weapon set is to roll the dice for the stat.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

I would just keep most cubes for the next weapon sets. No point to open up everything of "old" at this stage.
    At least, they stay in the last choice we chose. If that happen to be the choice you actually always use (yes, this may not be the case for some), the only thing that may need to tune for the "current" weapon set is to roll the dice for the stat.

This is not the current situation though.
    Currently all the weapons are totally locked. Even though you may see some modification highlighted - note that it has a lock on it, so it doesn't actually do anything.
    You pretty much have to open everything you need again - this is a worst situation than if you'd received a new weapon with one active random modifier.

Currently all the weapons are totally locked. Even though you may see some modification highlighted - note that it has a lock on it, so it doesn't actually do anything.
    You pretty much have to open everything you need again - this is a worst situation than if you'd received a new weapon with one active random modifier.
    Damn! Thanks for pointing it out.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User

I noticed that, too, and I was hoping I misunderstood what I was seeing.

Thanks for pointing this out.
    edited January 2022

I could be wrong because when I went back to double check, the server came down.

Does your toon have any cube available when you check?
    I believe when I checked my main who has cube, the stat was unlocked (no, I did not use any cube).

After I read your post, I went back to check but that was a different toon. As you said, it is 'locked'. When I tried to check my main (who has cube) again, the server went down.

So, we will know when the server comes up.

Edit: I checked preview. I am wrong. We are doomed.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Have the stats all maxed to 2500 and just use the cubes to “open” the stat you want, then maybe 220 cubes will be enough.
    This problem is standard Behavior. Cryptic makes a problem, then rolls out a fix which does bare minimum to address problem they created and the attitude towards the player base is “suck it up”
    I would like to point out that no t much has been said about content in the new mod, as there’s not much. But there are PAGES and PAGES of bugs and issues and here we are again at
    “Is what it is, like it or leave”
  • crypticpop#7861 crypticpop Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 24 Cryptic Developer
    (Messaged in another category, copying here) Hey there! First, I wanted to apologize about missing some messaging on this. Your currently equipped modifications are all still active and working, it's just the 'history' of which mods you've unlocked that is missing. I'm actively working on a fix to restore those modifications, but we've also given out the cubes in case you feel the need to swap to a previously unlocked modification while that fix gets developed. Thanks for your patience!
  • rheylinsark#1888 rheylinsark Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Great news, @crypticpop! Thanks for the update!

Thanks @crypticpop#7861 for this update.
    A lot of us were worried that this change was irreversible and we have to roll for everything from scratch.

I understand that at some point we'll get back everything that we had before? In that case it is good.
  • stof#3099 stof Member Posts: 40 Arc User

(Messaged in another category, copying here) Hey there! First, I wanted to apologize about missing some messaging on this. Your currently equipped modifications are all still active and working, it's just the 'history' of which mods you've unlocked that is missing. I'm actively working on a fix to restore those modifications, but we've also given out the cubes in case you feel the need to swap to a previously unlocked modification while that fix gets developed. Thanks for your patience!

Will this overwrite the modifications we already rolled? Eg. if we rerolled the value of 2450 after the mod22 and before the mod22 was 2400, which will stay after the fix? the 2450 or the 2400.

Thanks
  • somveraasomveraa Member Posts: 38 Arc User

Thank you for your time and effort, it is much appreciated.

• stof#3099 stof Member Posts: 40 Arc User

stof#3099 said:

Will this overwrite the modifications we already rolled? Eg. if we rerolled the value of 2450 after the mod22 and before the mod22 was 2400, which will stay after the fix? the 2450 or the 2400.

Thanks

Plan is to keep everything you've unlocked either before or after the module launch, and at the highest level you rolled. So if you have one stat pre-mod22 at 2400, and then you unlocked it at 500 after, you should be back to 2400 after this fix. Same with if you only had 500 before and managed to roll 2400 with the free cubes, you'll keep your new 2400 :)
    Thank you and good luck with the script