test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Refinement Q&A Stream - January 18, 2022

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2022 in News & Announcements
Lead Systems Designer @noworries#8859 will join us on Tuesday, January 18, at 9am PT for a Refinement Q&A! We will be taking community questions related to Refinement live. If you are unable to attend, you may leave a question in this thread. We will try to answer as many questions as possible.

Please remember to keep your questions civil and on topic; we will not engage with bad faith arguments or abuse.

Comments

• rheylinsark#1888 rheylinsark Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    erevel09 said:

6. Why merge armor/weapon enchantment together into combat enchantment? Why not keep it separated as it was before?

I am very curious about the logic behind this decision.
  • hainegen#3999 hainegen Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    What compensation will the players who collected the mythical eggs, by exchanging for valuable items ... And in the end, the entire Russian server runs happy with the legendary ones.. Such a mistake should not be missed without an explanation from the developers.
  • mantaspace#9482 mantaspace Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    regenerde said:

1. When will buyers of low ranking enchantments from the ZEN shop receive refunds for their now unusable enchantments?

2. When will buyers of the "30k Character Boost" receive a partial refund for losing around 2.5k IL based on the low ranking enchantments in this pack being unusable, or will we receive something else to compensate the IL loss?

3. When will the new enchantments come to lockboxes and the Tarmalune Trade Bar Store?

i also would like to know, not only bought one of these 30k packs i bought two.
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    I, im italian, sry for bad eng..
    Why we can buy medallion for 40k ad but if we wrong someting with medallion count we cant have back US ad from the trader ??Will be Cool cuz if i have to many medallion what i can buy without losing my value?Idk ...
    2)
    someting to help US maybe a low request for R1 considering 100k barda(idk name Is pe Sellers) vs 30 medallion Yu Ask at 40 k each Yu think isnt to High 1.2m?
    maybe 2or3=80-120k medallion was Better dont Yu think? And for rank 2 30medallion 1.2m and r3 60=2.4 and r4 =90 considering the barda starting price for R1 add the coal price some gliph and im more close with the real value .take a look to the ah prices and pls considering refounding Ppl tnx and cheers
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    --
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jude#3765 jude Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Why can’t we unbind gears that we can’t use, like the Hardcore mini boss drops that aren’t suitable for our character’s role?
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    In regards to the weapon 'Illusions' transmute.

Are there any plans to make these available for players to purchase / obtain, or will they be gone forever once the old enchantments have all been exchanged?
  • irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Hi noworries,

For speed bonus, the previous system gives +5% speed on Azure enchantment rank 15. I was able to add 5 of them in 5 piece of gear to get 25% speed.

Under the new system, the speed bonus enchant only gives 6% or 12% at mythic. I've been supporting the system and buying coal gems multiple times, but my character got slower and slower. I've been very worried and concerned about it.

Is there a chance where speed can be restored to 25% , or maybe a slightly improvement to 26% on the new system. I enjoy characters having speed in games and support them heavily.
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    One more from me. About enchantment exchange.

This addition to the game is great. Ability to setup multiple characters with account-wide enchantments is something that is really nice.
    That being said, do you plan to do something similar with insignias or collars at least? As of now collars are crazy expensive to upgrade while providing mostly small bonuses. Same can be said about insignias, although in case of them it's the number of them needed to be upgraded per character per build. The more builds, the more expensive it gets. Hopefully it could be done at some point in the near future.
  • rainbow#6026 rainbow Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I have a very urgent question for you
    Are there any plans to move weapon and armor illusions to the untransformed style items tab? or can illusion transformation be implemented, as is done in style and armor? these illusions take up a lot of inventory space if there are a lot of them!
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    My questions.

1) Was the developer team aware about the artifact weapon reset before it went live? and if yes, why didnt give us any warning or explanation about this issue?

2) We had enchants in the tarmalune store until mod 22, are there any plans to put there new enchants or resources to upgrade them like coalescent motes?

3) Could you consider to implemented an option to make a new bag for visual enchanments?
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • rainbow#6026 rainbow Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Is it possible to duplicate short answers to questions somewhere after the stream? So that players who can’t watch the translation also have the opportunity to get a first-hand answer
  • anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    May we have illusions go in the fashion items inventory tab, and increase the number of slots in the fashion tab from 24 to 60? Otherwise could we have these as account unlocks?

Could the effects of old enchants procing be replicated by their illusions? e.g. proeminence swish to other enemies nearby, the eclipse turning you pitch black when you fall below 75% stamina.

Right after the launch of M22, rank 8 frost enchantments cannot be traded in for an illusion. This was an issue reported on preview, and fixed on preview one week before launch on live. What is the process of fixes like these making it on the live build? In my mind it looks like a simple fix that could have been implemented for launch since it existed on preview. so I am wondering
    what are the complexities that prevented that.

Will you be removing old enchants from the zen store? Holy Vorpal as a stand-alone purchase, and enchantments from the moon elf pack, the expedition of fairie finds pack, and the booster to 30k.

Unrelated to enchants, but related to M22:
    Can belt items please start going in the useful items tab? Having been very lucky to *only* spend 16mil AD for a mythic egg, I now have 16 belt items, of which I am using one. Would be nice to free the clutter!

Could we expand the items that can be unbound with unbind tokens? Mostly thinking about transmutes and gear, legacy weapons you can't get anymore etc.
  • sjl3#9586 sjl3 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Could you explain the reasoning for not including all of the enchantments in the R3 and R4 chests?
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    I have a question/concern about the guaranteed upgrade of the enchantments. For this post lets say I only have 1 enchantment.

If I have 10 failed attempts to upgrade using the 1% mote, the guaranteed upgrade of the enchant becomes 10/150 (same as 1% upgrade chance enchants on live).

If through my adventuring I acquire a 10% mote and attempt to upgrade the same enchantment, what happens to the guaranteed upgrade counter? On live (console) a 10% chance item starts as 0/15. As I attempt to upgrade with this 10% mote does the guaranteed upgrade continue counting at 10/150, does it start at 10/15, or 0/10?
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Why did you move this (the artifact gear)

To another tab? Not only does it make swapping a pain.. it makes absolutely no sense being put where it is. Please move it back to the main tab.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Well, i had 3 armor pieces with high ranking Quartermaster enchantments in my shared bank, after the update i can't find any of those enchantments... so where did they go? They're not in the shared bank, that's for sure, and yes, there was enough space in there to place the enchantments in there as well.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • yamioni#9870 yamioni Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Coal Wards were converted into Coal Motes. Coal Motes are currently selling for about 1.7M AD, which I think is consistent with what Coal Ward prices were.

Old r15 enchants, unless purchased with trade bars, had at least one Coal Ward used on it to level it to r15. Their previous value was in the millions, as one would expect.

New enchants take one Coal Mote per rank increase, consistent with the old system.

Three old r15 enchants will exchange for one new r2 enchantment. New r2 enchantment prices are on average 700k at the moment.

So here is my question:

Why did any of you think it was in any way acceptable to devalue enchantments so drastically? One new r2 enchantment is, at best, one-tenth the value of the three r15s that are being traded in for it. How can any of you sit there and think that is fair? Is anything going to be done about this?
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    Will the exchange end? or will it not go away.
  • cheeseagent69cheeseagent69 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    my question: why do u guys make terrible decision with the enchantment changes? Its utter garbage, and i was already kinda salty with the leveling/adventuring changes (but was tolerable since i can just continue my maxed lvl toons, just gave up leveling alts and even bard which i was excited for...not anymore tho).
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    I, i have a questione can Yu bring back the Primal weapon to the game? Adding those weapon to currency store Is possibile??
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Curious as to why there was never a difference on exchange for char bound, account bound, or unbound enchants. Seems it's meant to hurt the players that didn't bind, and now they get extra medallions, that can't be exchanged for anything but more enchantment packs. Whereas, people that took the short road, and turned in for bound items, get the same value. And of course giving 40 medallions to every toon that did incentives and got 2 char bound rank 15 enchants. So if someone did 3 toons incentives, they equate to someone building an unbound rank 14 weapon/armor enchant? Rank 2 packs that equate to 2.4 mil in medallions, selling for 600k on AH. So people that bought the weapon/armor max rank 14 for 4000 zen, get around 1 mil AD if they can sell 2 of the rank 2 packs. Yeah, you killed value people built up for years, and made it a cut throat market as there is only 1 thing to sell(rank 2 pack), and it's already 1/4 of the value if needed to buy medallions. Love to hear this answered.