test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL: Refinement Changes

Comments

• arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    its gonna be fun to see players being banned because of exploitable bugs that didnt got caught lol
  • anoreksjaanoreksja Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Critical visual error in Terror enchantment - missing animation of skulls during the attack on opponent

Please fix it before publishing a new module,
    its a favorite weapon enchant look of many players.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User

Bug - Unable to trade in Heart of Fire enchants for medallions

I appreciate this is too late for go live but I Hope it gets included in a patch as having slogged through the grind of Acquisitions Inc numerous times specifically to get this enchant, it will be incredibly disappointing not only for myself but a huge number of others not to be able to exchange it at all
    It has been reported many times for a long while. It is kind of doubtful they consider that as a bug instead of WAI at this stage.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    anoreksja said:

Critical visual error in Terror enchantment - missing animation of skulls during the attack on opponent

The skulls are due to the debuff caused by the weapon, I doubt they'll be able to add it to the illusion version.
  • sergey235711sergey235711 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

anoreksja said:

The skulls are due to the debuff caused by the weapon, I doubt they'll be able to add it to the illusion version.
    No, it isn't a visual from debuff. All weapon enchants add an unique animation to your attacks, but at the moment all weapon enchant illusions missing this animation.

I hope you guys understand the players base is not as healthy to be like this right now resetting things every year might not be wise as yall think it is for now :'(

"Players base is not as healthy" probably is the reason why they keep on doing it. When the players base is "healthy", it makes less business sense to do these.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    btw, Petition to change the old glyphs to new glyps as well
    dmdoom said:

Wow, this is a BS update. Not only do you lose all the enchantments you've worked hard to rank up, but you can't even swap them between characters? When this temp stuff runs out they'll be screwed. Let me guess, we'll have to throw down cold hard cash for this nonsense?

no, you can walk away
    - bye bye -
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    PW's are now useless? I had 318 pw bound and as I was bored, I went to try to upgrade one of my r2 enchants (yes, no I don't have anything temporary anymore), and I incredibly only managed to get 1 rank up using the 1% mote. Soon after, there was a certain sadness for the expense of PW's and resources such as RP (insignificant) and gold (this is a complication due to the excessive cost).

In 6 days when the temporary enchants are over, it will be funny to see the disappointment of others with this system that is HORRIBLE!!! Yes, valuing resources is always interesting, making something impractical like what the game did in this module is scary.

PW's are now useless? I had 318 pw bound and as I was bored, I went to try to upgrade one of my r2 enchants (yes, no I don't have anything temporary anymore), and I incredibly only managed to get 1 rank up using the 1% mote. Soon after, there was a certain sadness for the expense of PW's and resources such as RP (insignificant) and gold (this is a complication due to the excessive cost).

In 6 days when the temporary enchants are over, it will be funny to see the disappointment of others with this system that is HORRIBLE!!! Yes, valuing resources is always interesting, making something impractical like what the game did in this module is scary.

If you have a lot of p-ward, you can use a 1% mote and up to 150 p-ward (assuming you only want to protect GoP) to upgrade.
  • deadmano#4272 deadmano Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Just wish to further add to the refinement bug happening:

See this video for proof.

As you can see in the video, I had 47 preservation wards to protect the glyph slot, and then suddenly they were all gone on the next page and I lost my glyph thinking they were still protected as I had more than enough.

This is misleading, and counteracts the "protect" option in the game settings.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User

Think of it this way (not because it makes it easier but because it is LITERALLY how it works).

A R1 under the new system is equivalent to about a R18-20 under the old system, being 1.5x a R15.

If a R14-15 upgrade chance is 1% then at best you could carry that chance to maybe R16/17 naturally but after that, the chance has to either drop to 0% or adopt the old Weapon/Armor pathing of a set 1% for all ranks.

So that's how it is but instead, you actually get the option of being able to make it a 5% or 10% chance if you work for those Motes instead.

Or just do as everyone has been doing for many years and use a Coal. Mote on things with a 1% upgrade chance.

On top of that, it was well known the upgrade system when using pwards was not working correctly so unless you don't ever read these forums, which you clearly do; it's entirely your fault for expecting it to.

i have every single enchant I want, in the quantity I want; upgraded to Mythic, traded for account reclaim versions and equipped on every one of my characters as I want them to be.

As does everyone who was paying attention.
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Ok , got caught up to speed via you tube

I’m just trying to figure out how many medallions I have , need to write down and make notes .
    I’m ok with having an extra 100 medallions left over ; but am thinking I might need to sell many rank 15 so I don’t have 800 extra> @dmdoom said:
    > Wow, this is a BS update. Not only do you lose all the enchantments you've worked hard to rank up, but you can't even swap them between characters? When this temp stuff runs out they'll be screwed. Let me guess, we'll have to throw down cold hard cash for this nonsense?

Wait a second. Are you saying that you can’t turn in all your old enchantments and rune stones from all your characters and than either move the medallion currency via mail or bank and purchase NEW ones ?
    Do I have to unequip and move every enchantment to one character?
    Please , advise
    As per previous post
    Do all my new enchantment need to be bought and upgraded on one character ?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User

I’m just trying to figure out how many medallions I have , need to write down and make notes .
    I’m ok with having an extra 100 medallions left over ; but am thinking I might need to sell many rank 15 so I don’t have 800 extra> @dmdoom said:
    > Wow, this is a BS update. Not only do you lose all the enchantments you've worked hard to rank up, but you can't even swap them between characters? When this temp stuff runs out they'll be screwed. Let me guess, we'll have to throw down cold hard cash for this nonsense?

Wait a second. Are you saying that you can’t turn in all your old enchantments and rune stones from all your characters and than either move the medallion currency via mail or bank and purchase NEW ones ?
    Please , advise

Well, when you exchange R10+ enchantments you get bound to account Medallions, you can then move those between your characters through the shared bank.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    edited January 2022

Please , advise

1. You can move medallions from one character to another character. Medallion is an inventory item and it is account bound.
    2. You can buy and upgrade on more than one character but in term of strategy (say, you want to upgrade all to account wide r5), better control and less confusing to yourself, moving all medallions to one toon and upgrade can make your life easier.
  • alliissiaalliissia Member Posts: 2 New User
    "Existing enchantments can be exchanged for the new enchantments at the antiquities dealer."

Err....where is this antiquities dealer exactly. I've searched protectors enclave and can't find anyone who will take my existing enchantments. Are they invisible?
    Ok , ty guys ! That one post threw me .
    edited January 2022
    alliissia said:

"Existing enchantments can be exchanged for the new enchantments at the antiquities dealer."

Err....where is this antiquities dealer exactly. I've searched protectors enclave and can't find anyone who will take my existing enchantments. Are they invisible?

Next to the reward claim agent (RCA). If you don't know where RCA is, it is in PE, go upstairs and on the left side.
    Your "existing enchantment" needs to be rank 10 or higher and not the Heart of Fire Enchantment.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    I actually had many (so few close to what sharks have) PW's, and I didn't mind burning them. I had already read the forum and seen some videos on youtube. I did it because I don't plan to grind this module or because I care more about certain content, since for what I do on a daily basis, which are randoms, my experience means that I don't need to be full build to play this.

It's sad to see the difficulty of finding support classes currently in the game, they are disappearing. Imagine in 5 days when the temporary enchants run out.
  • alliissiaalliissia Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > Next to the reward claim agent (RCA). If you don't know where RCA is, it is in PE, go upstairs and on the left side.
    > Your "existing enchantment" needs to be rank 10 or higher and not the Heart of Fire Enchantment.

Thanks
  • orcariom#3060 orcariom Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    The idea of the new enchantments pleased me, but after I saw the enchantments that cost 30 medallions (1.2 million astral diamond) being sold for only 100K I was disheartened by the game. I spent a lot of AD considering that each medal would cost 40k AD. I would be happy if I had the option to sell to NPC for 40k each and get my AD back.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Well, the option for buying extra Medallions was probably only added for those players that got for example 119 medallions from the exchange and only needed one more for the Rank 4 Choice Pack, it was probably not added as price mark for those packs.

And i'd guess that the AH prices for those packs will decrease even more, when a good portion of the players have upgraded their enchantments to mythic and turned them in for account wide versions...

Another factor to think about might be the return of new enchantments to lockboxes and the Tarmalune Trade Bar Store, which will probably have an impact on the prices for those Medallion packs too.

Anyway, i'm not a fan of the new refinement system, and i still think that low ranking enchantments paid with ZEN for in one way or the other should also give us at least Medallions in return, but not pumping even more AD into the game through the exchange was actually the right choice here...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    > @orcariom#3060 said:
    > The idea of the new enchantments pleased me, but after I saw the enchantments that cost 30 medallions (1.2 million astral diamond) being sold for only 100K I was disheartened by the game. I spent a lot of AD considering that each medal would cost 40k AD. I would be happy if I had the option to sell to NPC for 40k each and get my AD back.

Yes , I too would love to see us being able to sell our extra medallions back to vendor for same price