test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question - Are we getting refinement points in M22?

thomasisalonethomasisalone Member Posts: 78 Arc User
Hi all! I haven't been able to find an answer to this, but when you copy a character on Preview it gets a load of refinement points. Is this going to be the case when M22 comes out, is this a preview only thing? Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited January 2022

Hi all! I haven't been able to find an answer to this, but when you copy a character on Preview it gets a load of refinement points. Is this going to be the case when M22 comes out, is this a preview only thing? Many thanks in advance!

As far as I know, you will not get extra RP more than you already have just because the game moves from mod 21 to mod 22.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    If you happen to have enchantments that have some RP in them - like when for example you tried to upgrade it but failed and those RP stayed for later tries - those RP will be coming back to you. Not sure how it works for artifacts/artifact equipment or collars, but I imagine it would be similar. This is the RP that you get when copying character to preview and most likely it will be the same when mod 22 is live.
    erevel09 said:

If you happen to have enchantments that have some RP in them - like when for example you tried to upgrade it but failed and those RP stayed for later tries - those RP will be coming back to you. Not sure how it works for artifacts/artifact equipment or collars, but I imagine it would be similar. This is the RP that you get when copying character to preview and most likely it will be the same when mod 22 is live.

In next mod, there are 3 things one can protect using p-ward individually.
    1. RP
    2. Glyph
    3. Gold

If the upgrade fail, one of the above 3 will be taken (if it is not protected by p-ward) and that assume if it works correctly.
    So, if RP is 'picked' in the failure (and I assume not many care about protecting RP), those RP will not come back to you.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    erevel09 said:

I watched a video which explained it like erevel09 said... it's like a refund of RP that you have previously put into items that are being changed so they no longer need it... I think.

Well, I guess I really misunderstood what OP asked. Yes, all your current enchantments/runestones will be returned to you with no stored RP. The stored RP will go to your purse.