test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

R.I.P Neverwinter

darkerickxdarkerickx Member Posts: 20 Arc User
i apologize for my bad english. but i want to pay my indignation and sadness because i play neverwinter since 2012 and i saw this game be the best MMORPG in the world in 2014 2 2015. today i see neverwinter poor, no PvP, no possibility to farm AD in dungeons he trials. the paladin that was full support is weak, undamaged, practically useless. the game is extremely dps focused. lost the old-time magic where you had PvP day and night to play. fast and super fun combinations that you played at any level from level 10. neverwinter was an amazing and wonderful game with 3 talent pages for you to customize, the powers had customizable levels. it was a sensational game. it's been my fun for many years, mostly because neverwinter has the greatest story ever. an amazing game based on Dungeons & Dragons, extremely addictive, incredibly fun. I have high praise for Neverwinter 2014. I ask the developers... I beg you. bring game back, bring free PvP back based on item level leveling. what did you guys do with such an amazing game? why? Who was this good for? I'm an ex gamer, ex vip who've been playing other MMORPGs like Black Desert and New World... but look... I miss my house. I miss Neverwinter. where is my game, guys? what did you do with my game?

Comments

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    mynaam said:

I feel you. I've only been playing for two years and the game is nothing like it was when I started. And I'm now finding out there's even more sweeping changes coming in Mod22... Been constantly trying to play catch-up the entire time I've been playing, and frankly it's exhausting. It doesn't help that every time they make big changes it feels like what is offered as "compensation" to existing players to keep them at the same level is insufficient, feeling like they want to push more Zen sales to get back to where you already were.

Hoping this Gearbox acquisition means some business and operational changes for the better. Been feeling pushed away for some time now.

Mod 22 changes is bad very bad . Hopefully it is the last of the now former EP's (Chris Whiteside)reset of the game. his plan was to force everyone to restart making many zpend money to be where they were. It was very bad. mod 23 we will start to see what the new ep and gearbox' direction of the game is. Before we get there we have to struggle through mod 22 though
    Chris Whiteside stated that he had made plans up to and including Module 23. We will not see any Gearbox influence (if any) for the first 3-4 modules.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I don't expect to see them have any impact until maybe the 4th quarter.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited January 2022

Well M22 has hit and anyone with under rank 10 enchantments cannot even trade them in. Figures, game has become a cash grab for sure now.

It really does not make too much difference if you have r10 because it will take 30 r10 to get one r1. 30 r10 has the same item level of one r1.
    Say, if they include r9 for exchange, base on the current scale (for imaginary calculation purpose), it will need 60 r9 to get one r1.
    One the other hand, one stat r1 costs 100K AD in Sage shop.
    i.e. say, if you do have 60 r9, what you lose is 100K AD.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I figured r10 was the cutoff point since the lockboxes gave out r9s.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    r10 was cutoff because r9's were almost free on AH because there were mass r9's dropping from lockboxes :)
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    also, since it's released, we still have no home, except workshop, nearly impossible to finish upgrading, takes millions and millions resources. and original materials retired and tools retired and now we got garbage crafting format. i feel it need bot script to make items while i sleep. that another bad feedback, devs still clueless.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    i got "47k" and i was running away from dying too fast, mobs in new area hit too hard and i dont have my enchants on, my fighter class "Vasnguard" is useless class and finding my bard plays better without enchants
    Post edited by wylonus on
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    gemril said:

I just noticed that the given enhancements are time limited, all of them go away in a few days, and my item level will plummet. I only had a few enchantments that were 10+ so, run the rest through the shredder and try to improve what you could covert to the "new" system?

When this VIP expires, I will not be spending another penny on this game.

I've played since 2013. With the update that introduced the bard, lowered the levels to 20 and REMOVED so much content, I was very disappointed. I enjoyed the stories. I enjoyed the race quests, I enjoyed the class quests. All of that is gone.

With this last "update" the developers have completed flushed so much player effort.

Have fun with this "new" game mechanic, I will collect keys until VIP runs out.

Dude, you played since 2013, your enchants are rank 9 and one of your main issues is removed leveling content???

I get it that everyone playing how they want, but you just level up, delete, restart?
  • samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    After playing for some time, a player told me in chat, you can buy enchants at the sage shop in PE. Yes she has lowbies at 100,000 AD each. The ones she sells is 300 IL. 300 x 11 = 3300 and 100,000 x 11 = 1.1 million AD. Next you need these stones ranked up to beyond legendary. Not only do you need glyphs of potency and refinement points, now they added gold to the mix. This does me no good, I need 20K. Have fun recreating what you once had before.

@micky1p00 the point here isn't what quality you had on your character before, it matters we had something, now we have less than nothing. Would you like it if you made monthly payments to a bank for a car, one day they repossess the car? They tell you the car is obsolete, doesn't look good, and we recycled the car. Meanwhile here is a loner car for a week and you should go buy a new car soon.

We earned those. We worked and paid for those things. They reclaimed them from us. Feel free to grab your ankles for the next module. GearBox is nuts for acquiring Cryptic Studios. I will come back and to see what GearBox might do with these games, but I am done. I will be amazed, if they don't just recycle the whole dumpster fire. On the bright side they still got Star Trek out of this deal. I believe that is what they were after anyways.
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    sameriker said:

After playing for some time, a player told me in chat, you can buy enchants at the sage shop in PE. Yes she has lowbies at 100,000 AD each. The ones she sells is 300 IL. 300 x 11 = 3300 and 100,000 x 11 = 1.1 million AD. Next you need these stones ranked up to beyond legendary. Not only do you need glyphs of potency and refinement points, now they added gold to the mix. This does me no good, I need 20K. Have fun recreating what you once had before.

@micky1p00 the point here isn't what quality you had on your character before, it matters we had something, now we have less than nothing. Would you like it if you made monthly payments to a bank for a car, one day they repossess the car? They tell you the car is obsolete, doesn't look good, and we recycled the car. Meanwhile here is a loner car for a week and you should go buy a new car soon.

We earned those. We worked and paid for those things. They reclaimed them from us. Feel free to grab your ankles for the next module. GearBox is nuts for acquiring Cryptic Studios. I will come back and to see what GearBox might do with these games, but I am done. I will be amazed, if they don't just recycle the whole dumpster fire. On the bright side they still got Star Trek out of this deal. I believe that is what they were after anyways.

1. You don't have to upgrade them beyond legendary.
    2. What did you have in mod 21? Assuming one has 24 r15 for enchantment and 2 r14 for armor/weapon enchantment in mod 21, losing all of them means losing: 24 x 200 + 800 x 2 = 6400 item level. If you were loaded like this, you could trade in to get new enchantment.
    3. Figure out how much item level you actually lose because of enchantment. Then, find out the real price of getting back the same item level.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    gemril said:

I just noticed that the given enhancements are time limited, all of them go away in a few days, and my item level will plummet. I only had a few enchantments that were 10+ so, run the rest through the shredder and try to improve what you could covert to the "new" system?

I've played since 2013. With the update that introduced the bard, lowered the levels to 20 and REMOVED so much content, I was very disappointed. I enjoyed the stories. I enjoyed the race quests, I enjoyed the class quests. All of that is gone.

With this last "update" the developers have completed flushed so much player effort.

So, if you had only few 10+ ench. and you have been playing since 2013, well, you're not even a casual player. You're a player "from time to time" or you're doing something very wrong. And you have a vip... Anyway, this game isn't bad for casual players. Yes, it's p2w, but casual players don't run for bis... Removed content is another sad story ... :angry:

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    sameriker said:

You had the illusion of having something. Low level enchantments really didn't give a lot, heck even rank 15s didn't give a lot. A new player now can get a full set of rank 1s for 800k (-300k because of leveling rewards), which isn't that different from a new player getting full rank 10s in M21, heck one could argue that it's faster to get now, about a week to get that AD.
  • dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    We have lost so much in this game ,so this is nothing new to old time players.
    Post edited by dingoballz on
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    This has to be the most blatant cash-grab I've ever seen. I'm a casual player all of my enchantments were below Level 10. And now all of my loaner-enchantments are due to expire.

I have to spend 100,000+ AD per enchantment to get back to where I was prior. Across multiple characters.

Aaaand I'm not doing it. I'm not grinding AD or putting money into the game. No way no how.

I'm not grinding and regrinding every time this game drops a new update. I used to complain that Star Trek Online lacked depth and detail, but at least I don't have to re-grind and re-roll my characters every few months. I have original characters from launch that I still play... I haven't had to re-grind everyone every time the game updates.

Neverwinter can jump in the proverbial lake on this one. If they want me to continue playing (and I'm sure I don't matter one whit to them) I'll need either my loaner enchants to not expire in three days OR I will need a means to turn all of my sub-10 enchants into something I can use.

Not playing, not logging in until this is done.

Good work, Neverwinter Team. You lost a long-time player.
  • irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    Relax all, they did not undo your past efforts.

In the past, one expensive rank 15 enchant will only give 200 item level. A rank 15 enchant will easily cost you 750k AD. Today we can get 300 item level basic enchant at only 100k AD. If you use rank 8 or 9 enchants, that's only 80 item level, so 300 is 5 times that number. You should be able to trade in 5 old rank 9 enchants for 1 new green enchant.

What happened is that they raised the item level gap. Legendary to mythic enchants are crazy high 1300 to 1500 item level each. Those are SUPER next-level rank 20 enchants. Had they add the supers into the old system, it could have cost you 50million AD. Somehow they redesign it and you can become super strong if you buy coal wards with 1million AD (100k x 10 days) or from zen store. Mod22 allows you to improve your character to new heights slowly for 3-4 more months, keeping players busy. But of course those paid players got there immediately.

What they did wrong is to give you a temporary legendary super enchant, and deleting them in 7 days. Perhaps to them it's a work of advertisement, but to us we feel we've lost value in building our characters. It felt discouraging to have character stats lost. They forgot to pay attention into our feels.

If many players stopped playing after the SUPER enchants disappear, who knows if they will announce a gift away to restore it after it upset the players. :p I will vote yes 10/10 if it can happen. However those who buy the coal wards and expensive enchants will be disappointed.

There are some other problems, for example speed bonus only gives 15% while old enchants can give up to 25% if you socket 5% speed into 5 gear slots. I lost speed in this module and don't find the game as fun due to muscle memory and stuff. I've made a separate topic about it.. hopefully it can gain developer's attention a little.
    Post edited by irene#2829 on
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    While I have only done a little in the new mod, I find that it is more alt friendly than in the past--and you don't need to open dozens of treasure boxes to find the off-hand weapon while getting six or seven of the main hand (or vice-versa). They provide both at the same time, or you can outfit your alt instead.

But the grind and the HEs didn't disappear.
  • olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    gemril said:

What effort did you put in if you only had a few rank 10+ after 9 years of playing? I'm sorry you're bummed but really, you didn't put in that much time and effort into your enchantments, so they really didn't take anything away from you. Hell, they even gave away a few companion enchantment choice packs recently during the weekly giveaway that went on for a couple of months, so anyone that's been playing as long as you should have had at least a few rank 15's in their inventory.

The rank 1 choice pack you can get for 100k AD are more stats and item level than the previous rank 15. So even if you have to go and buy 12 packs, it's less than two weeks of doing two quests that most people do daily anyways, RTQ and RADQ, which net you nearly the daily refinement cap. You've had 7 days of an inflated item level, you could be half way done grinding for those new packs if you got out there and played.