test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug in announcements too?

duvaindessduvaindess Member Posts: 43 Arc User
Next week is 2x Professions event mentioning that Masterwork nodes give 2x resources. Is this a bug on announcement server or a ghost message repeating itself?

Does this count as taunting?

Comments

• powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Oddly enough - the 2x professions event has always included the drops from map farming. If your guild has the associated boon (don't remember the name), you can get 4x drops.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    I expected it will give 2x resources from masterwork maps as always. Will that be changed? I think I am missing something.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 383 Arc User
    I expect it will happen as usual, the only difference this time is that there have only been two explorer's charts available for a while, so there might be lots of people scurrying around Chult.
  • duvaindessduvaindess Member Posts: 43 Arc User

I expected it will give 2x resources from masterwork maps as always. Will that be changed? I think I am missing something.

they have removed some of the resources and nodes and also the new masterwork are not implemented yet. so what is the actual point of the event?
    they should keep it until they find a way and the will to fix masterwork
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

they have removed some of the resources and nodes and also the new masterwork are not implemented yet. so what is the actual point of the event?
    they should keep it until they find a way and the will to fix masterwork
    Upgrading workshop for some players, stocking up available node resource for some players, crafting stuff for some players, ...
    Just because you can't (or don't want to) take advantage of it, it does not mean others can't.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User

In addition to the things mention by @Plasticbat above, if players have the 'old' Explorer Cases the resources from them can still be harvested from nodes where they exist. Yes, the Explorer Boon gives the 2x Resources normally, so 4x for the event. If you had the MW II/III recipe books you can still use the old materials to make what recipes you can. The event also encourages the construction of the MW Vendors on the SH millabout and the items they have can be purchased with all those GM you earned the week before by turning in all those Siege of NW Vouchers and Defense Supplies.

Here is a thought, make some items folks might need when Mod22 rolls out at half price while you can.

And yes, all those new Bards are still leveling their workshops and enjoy the boost in XP.