test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

will this relocking of all weapon mods be going live?

earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
edited December 2021 in Player Feedback (PC)

when you get to preview all your current weapon modifications are relocked and need to be rolled on with many cubes of augmentaion all over again.. even worse than if you have a new weapon that needs to be fed mutiple cubes because even the default at will dmg bonus on the mainhand and stat x500 and bonus stat we have pured cubes into, on the off hand are locked again, normally this would have some value but now they have been relocked and you need to roll with cubes all over again to get them open.. do you have any idea how many cubes this is going cost each player to get back to functionality of what they had before these slot changes?

my account has fully leveled characters for each class, will I have to go thru each weapon that I have poured many cubes into x 9 and buy 100s of cubes to get them back to the way they were.. going through that awful rng demoralization of probably rolling every stat or atwill I dont need on each one of my chars before getting the one I do?

this is really not acceptable.

please I beg you don't let this go live... this whole artifact modification system has always irked me, it is predatory and sneaky , if these relocked weapon mods go live like this because taking the slots out of the weapons has made it unavaiodable you need to scrap the cubes at least temporarily.

@nitocris83
Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
Post edited by earlgreybeard on

Answers

• rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I agree this is egregious if it happens on live. I suggest everyone go take screenshots of their current bonuses and stat amounts of their weapons as evidence just in case, and if necessary use that evidence to demand they are restored.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Go to the Preview Shard forum and submit it under Bug reports.

If it's an issue related to M22, they're running out of time to implement a fix for it before release.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    tgwolf said:

If it's an issue related to M22

I clearly stated 'when you get to preview' so yes mod 22 .This is a huge issue for me and I suspect many in the player community.. this preview business is new to me but I have been in the game since 2014 often relying on info coming from players that run the new mods before they arrive for info on what is happening with the new changes. Not only now has every upgrade to weapon or armor enhancements in the last year been renderd useless with those coal wards gone circling down the drain in exchange for a few measly tokens ,every cube I have invested in a weapon also now wasted.. I think everyone should be aware of what is possibly coming.

I have already seen this mentioned by a few people in preview feedback posts probably now lost in the mix.

So as far as we know all of our current artifact weapons will have their modifications reset and locked when next mod goes live?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    He told you you posted in the wrong forum. You should ask the question in the preview forum which is where dev who involves in the next mod concentrate on.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    I looked everywhere for the mod 22 feedback thread .. I guess it got bloated and closed.

can I get this moved to the right forum then?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***