test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't login to preview! (posted in other thread too)

@noworries#8859 @nitocris83 are you aware that a lot of players crash when logging into preview? We have a few days to look at trial and your servers once again kick us out - shocking to say the least, please fix ASAP and increase time trial is available as 2 days we've been unable to get on!!

Comments

• jonchillyjonchilly Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    This is what i get when i try to login after selecting a character - https://imgur.com/qPTBu3F
  • ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    Not just me then :(
  • demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    There has been an update, maybe that was why you couldn't...
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
    @demenoss#9306 just checked and exactly the same, could get on before patch and done all the usual check - files etc.
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    Now I am curious, do you mind sharing your PC specifications?

I assume by the screenshot you are running Windows 11. This is not to ridicule your hardware. The support will need to find a common cause. I have been able to log in with Linux OS and low budget machines all weekend. Most likely it is unique property on your systems - not in error - but something the developers have overlooked. At the very least, they would need to know, as much as they can about your system to diagnose any problems on their end.

• vanlaykniervanlayknier Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    I can log in. However, I kept crashing upon clicking on my character, it just crashes once the loading screen shows up.

edit: my guildmates/friends has the same issue as well.
  • mestrahdmestrahd Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I don't have Windows 11, but I get the Cryptic crash too. At first I thought it was because the copied character was in the Stronghold. So I tried relogging when it reset back to a legit location which was....Winter Festival, another crash. So I copied again from Protector's Enclave, and I STILL can't login.
  • ettiennedumorteettiennedumorte Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    I have 1 character out of 10 that is not able to load preview, and of course, it's my main. It was working fine until they temp enabled the new trial. Couldn't get on after that. Also, no change since the preview update yesterday. Support told me to post on the forums so....
    @vanlayknier this is the same issue I face too. Copied characters from different locations as @mestrahd did and more than one character and same thing.

@hotfrostworm my PC specs are W11, i7-7700k, GTX 1080, 16GB DDR4 Corsair RAM, Asus ROG Strix Z270H MOBO
    Hopefully this helps :)
    edited December 2021
    @jonchilly
    That is much better than anything I have been testing this game with, I am not here to recruit Linux users but testing Linux OS has proven to be challenging from the start. If you read my thread, I had to upgrade to a WINE (a virtual machine) version higher than currently available from WineHQ. Proton is working on Steam and Play on Linux offers the 6.17 from their GUI.

The first thing I noticed about M22 is a warning to Windows 7 users not present on the current module. When I first logged in using WINE 6.0 M21 worked for playing the game. However logging into the game in M22 only worked up to the end of the red dragon loading screen, I got a brief glimpse of the character selection screen, where I crashed to desktop.

Obviously the developers made some kind of change that affected the WINE version I was using. Unlike a user Windows, I just grabbed version 7 (experimental) and used it the next day to have the same crash. I eventually dug out the source code for 6.17 and compiled it on my machine. WINE 6.17 worked without crashing. Meanwhile WINE 6.0 works on this PC for all the other games I test with Linux OS.

Back to Windows OS
    At this point, I would check Windows for updates, I know it is a pain waiting for it to complete. If you have updates turned off, I recommend you switch them back on. If you have done that much alone, I would say the ball is back in the developer's court.

My Notes for Developers
    My WINE crash report shows the following;
    01bc:fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log Fragment info
    01bc:fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log -------------
    01bc:fixme:d3d_shader:print_glsl_info_log 0(88) : warning C7050: "ps_in[9].yzw" might be used before being initialized
    0228:fixme:d3d11:d3d11_device_CreateDeferredContext iface 0000000000108ED0, flags 0, context 000000004E72BDD0 stub!
    0228:fixme:kernelbase:AppPolicyGetProcessTerminationMethod FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFA, 000000005A8DD010
    0070:err:rpc:RpcAssoc_BindConnection receive failed with error 1726

At first, I read the 3D shader warnings and thought this was just an issue with WINE translating the DirectX shaders. But then the kernel takes a hit with a remote procedure call (RPC) and this fails with a 1726 error code.

Windows error 1726 is a DISM between Network and Client. I am certain this is what caused the Linux error. I am unclear, if this relates to these current Windows errors. Microsoft states, "DISM can be used to mount and service a Windows image from a .wim file, .ffu file, .vhd file, or a .vhdx file and also to update a running operating system. It can be used with older Windows image files (.wim files). However, it cannot be used with Windows images that are more recent than the installed version of DISM."

I truthfully hope this helps someone.
  • gryzellagryzella Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    I turned off on-demand patching and it works for me.
    Post edited by gryzella on
    gryzella said:

I turned off on-demand patching and it works for me.

I tried doing it, it did load longer before crashing.. lol.. still cant enter the world and kept on crashing.
  • gryzellagryzella Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    To play you need change Windows compatibility mode to Windows 7 and turn off on-demand patching.Weird.
    Post edited by gryzella on
    edited December 2021
    I wonder, if running it in Windows 7 compatibility for Win10, is going to create even more issues in the future? Only time will tell. No matter how great the program performs on the test server, there is no telling how it will function when it goes Live. Decades ago I use to work with a woman named Celeste, she coined an acronym once I still use to this day. We were looking at a 3.5 inch floppy. Attempting to figure out, why or how data could be copied from it, although PC Tools told us it was full of bad sectors. She finally looked at me, "Well this is obviously MCS." I asked her, what MCS stood for?

Mysterious Computer Sh@$!
    not sure if there was a patch but,

I can now enter the world without crashing.

and yes I didn't run it in windows 7 compatibility mode or anything.
  • ettiennedumorteettiennedumorte Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    Finally got my main to load but with some jury-rigging. I had to copy an alt to preview so that it was on the top of the character list. I then had to load that alt, make sure it opened ok, then had to "change character", load my main character and it worked. If I log in and try to load my main character 1st it still crashes. Hopefully this helps some of you.
  • eddiestormeddiestorm Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Got the same thing. If I log in with my Bard it crashes, If I login with my sorcerer it works then change character back to my bard it works.
  • bolt#9204 bolt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    Similar to that reported by others I recently (03Jan22) made copies of Bolt my main character on Dragon International server to Mimic Preview server using: https://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/nw I tried several times each time the copy completes successfully but when I come to load the character on preview it crashes the game with different errors reported each time I tried e.g. 402ce9, 402cb7, 40315f. Have tried 4 times to generate a character copy that loads without success although the character copy does appear for selection at preview start with no problems it crashes the server during loading. I have 2 older copies of Bolt and Mamba that load without issue it just appears to be new copies that fail.