test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is up with some of the dungeon quests?

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 594 Arc User
I just used 7 scrolls of life-half of a healing stone and still had to abort the spellplague master quest. I was there for over an hour so it was a complete waste of time. Kabar is defeated but he keeps coming back over and over. There was only two people left when I quit, the other 3 or 4 had left. I don't appreciate using my healers, scrolls mega potions for what turns into a pointless quest. I have way over the stats supposedly needed. This is so not cool.
Tagged:

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    You fight Kabal 3 times before he finally admits defeat.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • ghoulieboyghoulieboy Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    aside from Nostura group wiping bug in the end the only issue with Spellplague Caverns is its presence in RDQ list so that any fresh lvl5 can join unwittingly. imo it's the only dungeon from RDQ which gets unnecessarily hard without the knowledge of mechanics or at least the basic ability to work together/follow the tank properly
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    Ty for your answer, I think the group I was with was really good, but it is wrong in my humble opinion to let people waster their consumable, scrolls ets in a quest that will have to be aborted 97% of the time. How do you know whose a tank-without inspecting everyone and what is a RDQ please?
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    I think you may be confusing it with demogorgon, spellplague has a much higher completion rate using 5 random players and it is still possible to complete it without a tank although at least now it is much more difficult to do. At least that is how it seems to me. Did it about 3 times last week on 3 alts with no real problems completing it on the first try for each.

When viewing the toons in your party the tank is the one with the shield icon next to the name and the good ones can easily pull aggro off of any DPS or healer and in general keep it on them.

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    On the first Boss (Kabal) he needs to be struck by a fireball that is chained to a player to make him vulnerable - sometimes this bugs. On the last boss (Nostura) you can get an insta-wipe if she bugs.

Apart from that, it's just a matter of understanding the mechanics. If you were unfortunate enough to go in with an entire team that didn't know the mechanics then yes you would have trouble.

As said before, Kabal needs to be killed 3 times but he'll only take damage once he's been struck by a fireball as I said above. I would suggest you watch a youtube video or two on this dungeon to properly 'get' the mechanics.

I don't believe the group was as good as you think - a decently specced DPS can solo the first two bosses (somewhat class dependent) but they would need to know what to do and when to do it.

You can tell whether a player is DPS, Tank or Healer by looking at the small icon next to their picture on the team list on your main screen. A DPS has crossed swords, a Tank has a shield and a Healer has a green leaf like icon.

I recently dragged a group of relatively new players through it on my Cleric but I had to talk them through every stage - but once everyone knew what to do it all went well.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    Thank you all that was very insightful. I didn't know how you could tell who a tank was or even what he is for. I thought they were a good group just because they stuck it out and no one was mean lol.