test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL: Refinement Changes

Comments

• rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    @noworries#8859

Feedback and/or bug: Has anyone tested the new offensive combat enhancements? I've tried R4 for both the Poison Thorn and the Cursed Burn enhancements, and they both acted really strange. The Poison Thorn enhancement would never crit, but it allowed the combat power to proc the Lostmauth vengeance procs from crit strikes. The Cursed Burn enhancement would crit, but it would never allow the combat power to proc the Lostmauth vengeance procs from crit strikes. Can anyone verify this?

Are these bugs or are the enhancements working as intended?
  • elsumonnerelsumonner Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Bug on current preview build:

Currently only 1 bound can be traded for an unbound enchantment per character.
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User

You do know that you can generally sell account wide mounts and companions before binding them, right?
    You have the option.
    If they were to apply a binding system to ALL enchants, not just bloody Mythics you would have three options.
    Sell.
    Use as is on one character, with the potential to remove and sell later, (an option you don't get with mounts and companions)
    or
    Bind and use across the board.
    I don't see how that's a worse situation. (ETA...) And certainly not one that would require special dispensation by allowing account wide advancement on enchantments.

That does not contradict anything I said, you just rephrased it. The point still is that you can't use and then sell Mounts, Companions, anything. Enchantments you can use and still sell, so binding is in fact a worse situation. If you're saying re-claiming infinite amounts on other characters is enough of a compensation I wouldn't necessarily disagree. I think there are technical limitations anyway.

But I don't see the harm of advancing account bound Enchantments either. It would make this feature even better.
  • tamtoucantamtoucan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    When selecting wards to protect an upgrade it let's you select all the wards (7 say), but it does not count any wards alreadying protecting the glyph (2 say) as being available when actually applying the protection. So the number of wards applies is less (say 5, 7-2).
    1. Start upgrading a artifact
    2. Protect the Glyph of Potency with 2 preservation wards (say 2 from 7 available)
    3. Select it again and select 7 wards this time
    4. The number of wards protecting the glyph is 5 (7-2)
    5. Select it again and pick all 7 again.
    6. The nuber of wards protecting the glyph is back to 2 (7-5).
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 I have a question/concern about the guaranteed upgrade of the enchantments. For this post lets say I only have 1 enchantment.

If I have 10 failed attempts to upgrade using the 1% mote, the guaranteed upgrade of the enchant becomes 10/150 (same as 1% upgrade chance enchants on live).

If through my adventuring I acquire a 10% mote and attempt to upgrade the same enchantment, what happens to the guaranteed upgrade counter? On live a 10% chance item starts as 0/15. As I attempt to upgrade with this 10% mote does the guaranteed upgrade continue counting at 10/150, does it start at 10/15, or 0/10?

I write this because I think the guaranteed upgrade streak breaker should be on the mote, not the enchantment in this revised system.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    I have 2 questions,

If you were to exchange a rank 10 armor and weapon enchantment, which version of those enchantment visuals do you get? Do you get the max rank visuals from rank 12 through 14? Or do you only get the rank 10 visuals for exchanging a rank 10?

Also, if I didn't own any of the old enchantments before mod 22, and I wanted the visuals from them, would it be possible to get the old visuals if no copies of those old enchantments still existed?
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    Lifedrinker enchantment is still not redeemable for tokens for ones above r10

what is the story here?
    lifesteal being made obsolete after the last refinement/combat rework might have something to do with it?

many were still using/selling /buying/upgrading these in the time since.

please remember people have put coalecent wards and ad for regents into these ,like any of the weapon/armor enhancement items.
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 383 Arc User

@noworries#8859 I have a question/concern about the guaranteed upgrade of the enchantments. For this post lets say I only have 1 enchantment.

If I have 10 failed attempts to upgrade using the 1% mote, the guaranteed upgrade of the enchant becomes 10/150 (same as 1% upgrade chance enchants on live).

If through my adventuring I acquire a 10% mote and attempt to upgrade the same enchantment, what happens to the guaranteed upgrade counter? On live a 10% chance item starts as 0/15. As I attempt to upgrade with this 10% mote does the guaranteed upgrade continue counting at 10/150, does it start at 10/15, or 0/10?

I write this because I think the guaranteed upgrade streak breaker should be on the mote, not the enchantment in this revised system.

Does the mote get used up when it fails? Don't know...

What if it is always out of 150 (for the 1% case), and then if you use a 10% mote and it fails the counter goes up by 10?
    That way you can have attempts with different chances and still see how close you are to the streak breaker on a constant scale.
  • sergey235711sergey235711 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Wards selecting UI feedback:

Now you can't just put wards in the slots, you need to split them before upgrading which is annoying. There are no reason to split them, give us an option to put the same pack of wards in all 3 slots, and let the system to consume wards from this pack after each fail. (same as before the changes)
  • mordekai#7296 mordekai Member Posts: 31 Arc User

You do know that you can generally sell account wide mounts and companions before binding them, right?
    You have the option.
    If they were to apply a binding system to ALL enchants, not just bloody Mythics you would have three options.
    Sell.
    Use as is on one character, with the potential to remove and sell later, (an option you don't get with mounts and companions)
    or
    Bind and use across the board.
    I don't see how that's a worse situation. (ETA...) And certainly not one that would require special dispensation by allowing account wide advancement on enchantments.

That does not contradict anything I said, you just rephrased it. The point still is that you can't use and then sell Mounts, Companions, anything. Enchantments you can use and still sell, so binding is in fact a worse situation. If you're saying re-claiming infinite amounts on other characters is enough of a compensation I wouldn't necessarily disagree. I think there are technical limitations anyway.

But I don't see the harm of advancing account bound Enchantments either. It would make this feature even better.
    I think you missed my point.
    The fact that you can use Enchants WITHOUT having to bind them puts them in a better situation.
    You can choose to use them as often as you like, transfer them between characters, and then when you decide you have something better, sell them for full value. Adding the ADDITIONAL option of account binding them and allowing free reclaims would be an added choice of how you use them.
    Mounts and Companions are "Use one way, or sell."
    Enchants have "Use two ways, or sell, and with one of the ways you use them you can subsequently change to use them the other way" This gives you far more freedom with enchants.
    No one has ever complained, (to my knowledge) that if you get an account wide Epic or Legendary, that you have to upgrade them individually per character.

And you still haven't given me one good reason why, if they were to apply account wide binding to enchants below Mythic, (which is purely a means of stopping endgamers and content creators from whining) why upgrading on ONE character should see an improvement on ALL the others when that doesn't apply on the Mounts and Companions.

Having greater felxibility in their application should not be a reason to make them additionally superior.
  • neverwinter#9005 neverwinter Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Bug: New negation enchanment doesnt give a defance bonus ( exmple ; this maxi ench give a %12 awarness and %12 deflect but %0 defance. )
  • jbt91#7812 jbt91 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    I wanted to ask this as I don’t have access to preview as a console player, but are the medallions you receive from exchanging enchantments bound to the character that turns the enchantments in, or are the medallions bound to account? Also wondering if the zero percent success chance for upgrading enchantments without motes is a bug or intentional.
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User

*Marks of Potency. A big topic was an exchange for those items. Another concern raised in the thread is also why aren't we doing more about the ZAX backlog. Giving bonus AD out to everyone for existing MoPs, especially ones bought on sale and with VIP discounts would only make all of that worse. But we will add an exchange for MoPs Rank 4-7 which will give back 60% of the Wondrous Bazaar cost of the items.

You should add Rank 1-3 also. While these can be found in other sources/bags, they are still under a huge RNG and the drop rate is very low to not to give us 3k for R3 or 300 AD R2 for example. I don't want more RP from this type of stuff. And btw, would be great to see a shared RP entry in bank.

As for medallions - stated as BtA @ Antiquities Scholar but going to Event currency category, thus they are BtC that way. IMO better make it as a stackeable BtA item in the inventory. And, please, leave existing on live exchange entries there (i.e. bonding stones, treatise, etc)
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    OK, so the upgrading of enchantments REALLY needs to be fixed before you push this live.
    If I use pres wards for all of the "catalysts", no upgrade attempt occurs. Nothing is consumed.
    If I put a pres ward in 2 of the catalysts, two or three things are consumed, either a catalyst and two pres wards, or a catalyst and a pres ward, or two pres wards (with a note saying that one of them was protecting a catalyst)
    If I put a pres ward in 1 of the catalysts, an unprotected catalyst and the pres ward are consumed.
    If I use no pres wards, only ONE catalyst is consumed.
    It appears that the motes are not consumed unless the upgrade is successful.

The way the tool tip reads, there should be consumption of only ONE thing, a catalyst (if unprotected), or ONE pres ward protecting catalysts.

The way it is at the moment, pres wards are next to useless.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Text colour formatting is not my thing. I don't know the coding for it.

The "try until success" option does NOT work.

On live, it works until you run out of wards/reagents or succeed.
    On preview, it does ONE shot, and then says "This item was not upgrade. One attempt before running out of catalysts or wards"

I'm not using wards (burnt through them with my previous test, and haven't been bothered to copy another character, and using them is a complete waste of time)

Right at this very moment, on preview, the character I'm testing had the following catalysts:
    Refinement points: 14,694,616 / 300,000 (required)
    Glyph of Potency: 380 / 5 (required)
    Gold: 681 / 15 (required)

I am using a primitive mote. 1% chance. I'm at 102 attempts. My mouse will wear out before I have successful upgrades at this point!
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • trelamytrelamy Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Hey once again and happy holidays. Thank you for the Brilliant Energy Enchantment update.

I would also like to ask what about the Loamweave Enchantment that we got from Knight of the Feywild Pack, also long ago. It is rank 7 and cannot be upgraded any further (Would like to upgrade to level 8 so we can get the illusion). Please advise.

Knight of the Feywild Supplies Image.

Loamweave Rank 7 that can't be upgraded Image.
    Our beliefs don't make us better people. Our actions do.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    Just want to reiterate the request to ensure that the Weapon/Armor Illusions are made Account reclaimable to minimize unnecessary tedium in transferring them between characters.

As items with no value beyond aesthetics, there is no downside to doing so.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    I'm just curious, and maybe this has come up elsewhere in this thread, as to what the Devs expect the experience of an incoming new player will be like under the proposed enhancement system. Will some of these be given out during the leveling process? Do they expect a new player to sling around a million or so AD for the basic enchants?

I'm just curious, and maybe this has come up elsewhere in this thread, as to what the Devs expect the experience of an incoming new player will be like under the proposed enhancement system. Will some of these be given out during the leveling process? Do they expect a new player to sling around a million or so AD for the basic enchants?

You get over a million in AD already while leveling and completing the basic Adventures and the enchant tutorial will likely be updated to give a R1 new enchant as well.

Plus with even just a single R1, you get more than you would previously.

wow just been told in PTS we can't exchange our Heart of Fire & Ice rank 14 gems for medallions, I thought if I could exchange that and spend some AD I'd have some viable toons as all my rank 9s are now just RP. I support the game with VIP and the odd zen purchase (I don't believe a game should be FTP as everyone needs to get paid but I don't believe you should be too greedy either). I just want to be able to play but if you nerf us into the ground too hard there are a lot of new games coming I guess we go try another....

While it's possible and honestly, they should fix it before release; I kinda get why they might not.

If someone has 50 characters, it's extremely easy to get the HoF R14 on each.

Since each is worth 12 Medals, that's 600 practically effort free, no expenditure Medals. I can have a single character from 1-20 and finished the AI Campaign around every 9-10 hours at most.

That means it's possible to generate a completely new, full account of characters with them in 25 days.