test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official: The Reaper's Challenge

124»

Comments

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    @darthpotater Or may be you had pally shield up?
    @sagakaiyume We were standing on the cleric’s hallowed ground - and there are some other powers that grant 10% damage resistance... but we died anyway, so... yeah, I feel the roar does excessive damage.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

@sagakaiyume We were standing on the cleric’s hallowed ground - and there are some other powers that grant 10% damage resistance... but we died anyway, so... yeah, I feel the roar does excessive damage.

No, but I have more than 700k hp plus buffs in game like vip from others and masterwork weapons. But in any case, the damage was excesive yes
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • jbt91#7812 jbt91 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    From my experiences with the reaper’s queue, the worst parts so far have been the invisible/pop up fire from the shores boss and Haiti’s roar and avalanche downing everyone in one hit. The rest seem fairly doable, although the number of mobs and the mob damage in merchant prince’s folly did make for hilarious one shots when our tank pulled them all in one shot then got run over when they swarmed.
  • shirghe#4424 shirghe Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Thank you for making Malabog's Castle scale up to 50k with 30k requirement. I hope this will be the way for the further challenges as well.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User

rikitaki said:

No, but I have more than 700k hp plus buffs in game like vip from others and masterwork weapons. But in any case, the damage was excesive yes
    I guess it depends on luck then? Because my tank in a defence focused build lost there over 900k HP (standing on hallowed ground - but I do not know if it counted as the cleric died by the same hit.) I really do not question your own experience or opinion. I was just surprised and tried to figure out what could be the trick. All I know, we could have been standing on a wrong pixel or something...
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    rikitaki said:

rikitaki said:

I guess it depends on luck then? Because my tank in a defence focused build lost there over 900k HP (standing on hallowed ground - but I do not know if it counted as the cleric died by the same hit.) I really do not question your own experience or opinion. I was just surprised and tried to figure out what could be the trick. All I know, we could have been standing on a wrong pixel or something...
    Yeah it could be random or the position or something, I doubt it can crit but maybe it has combat advantage and awareness matters, because in the first phase, nobody died, but in the second, 1 dps died (I think he wasnt full hp).

Also maybe barkshield can help

900K woaa that would kill anyone except tank

Who knows.
    Post edited by darthpotater on
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User

Now this has gone live, and I’ve had a chance to complete and fail a few different Reaper’s, I think I can sum up my feeling. It’s like having the brutal 1-shot mechanics of Mod 15, but not having the capabilities of my Mod 15 toon who could handle it.

For me [cleric heals] there really isn’t any enjoyment in running the challenge. Also, the fact deaths don’t show on the leaderboard feels intentional to keep from further discouraging the already beaten down group.

The rewards are reasonable for difficult content. However, this, in its current form, is not worth my time and aggravation.

After being coerced into a few more of these I now feel it's not all bad. I suppose my issue is the gross unbalance between the different dungeons/skirmishes. I'm not sure if this imbalance is intentional. If it remains the same I expect people will simply skip the insanely difficult content.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    And like usual, today's RC ended with aggro not mattering on a boss, because he just turns and swipes other roles randomly. Another one where you just don't really need a tank, just keep re-entering until the boss goes down. Fun.
  • admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    180k to 200k is the average damage of the Manycoins Bank Heist boss's attack. Count on him summoning non-stop mobs to attack you. I found the difficulty of this content quite exaggerated, something similar to MPoF.

I wish I had tried TIC, but I didn't have time to login. It sure must have been a nightmare for many players.
  • rey007#5400 rey007 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    I was hoping you could take a look at the Merchant Prince’s Folly. The Batiri’s damage output is just a bit too high. I ran this skirmish as a Paladin Tank on PS yesterday and could not survive the waves of Batiri dealing around 100k per hit. I’m not sure which type of batiri is the culprit as I was able to identify a few like the Darter, Raptor Rider, Witch Doctor, Ravager, and Beast Master. The rest of the undead mob and the Boss seemed consistent with one another but not the Batiri mob. Thanks in advance.

@noworries#8859
    - Rey

- in umbra igitur pugnabimus!
    Lair of Mad Mage: Everything is normal until reaching the second boss. In the second boss you have to break all the rocks, which is almost impossible in the second stage when the metal golems appear; The tank loses aggro in the lightning phase for no apparent reason; Also regarding the ray phase, this test for a healer apparently changed to healer and tank, since stacking the damage suffered in little diminishes its effect. Probably 90% will or fail this test.

The mechanics need to be clear so that players don't need to resort to bugs to finalize content.

• fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    > @admiralwarlord#3792 said:
    > 180k to 200k is the average damage of the Manycoins Bank Heist boss's attack. Count on him summoning non-stop mobs to attack you. I found the difficulty of this content quite exaggerated, something similar to MPoF.
    >
    > I wish I had tried TIC, but I didn't have time to login. It sure must have been a nightmare for many players.

I agree, add Manycoins to the list 'skip day' Reapers queues, I'd rather not waste my time on due to bugs. Also Shores or Tuern with it's invisible fire. You didn't miss out on IC, another skip. 2nd boss does massive dmg to the tank, my 60k op couldn't even survive with 2 healers.
    > @darthpotater said:
    > Yeah it could be random or the position or something, I doubt it can crit but maybe it has combat advantage and awareness matters, because in the first phase, nobody died, but in the second, 1 dps died (I think he wasnt full hp).
    >
    > Also maybe barkshield can help
    >
    > 900K woaa that would kill anyone except tank
    >
    > Who knows.

Not sure it's random, every time FBI has been the Reaper's, my entire team all well above 50k+ get one shot by the roar. I specifically play as tank on FBI days to be the sole survivor lol.
  • shirghe#4424 shirghe Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    fns2005 said:

You didn't miss out on IC, another skip. 2nd boss does massive dmg to the tank, my 60k op couldn't even survive with 2 healers.

I tanked it under 50k with cleric healing. Just saying.
    fns2005 said:

> 180k to 200k is the average damage of the Manycoins Bank Heist boss's attack. Count on him summoning non-stop mobs to attack you. I found the difficulty of this content quite exaggerated, something similar to MPoF.
    >
    > I wish I had tried TIC, but I didn't have time to login. It sure must have been a nightmare for many players.

I agree, add Manycoins to the list 'skip day' Reapers queues, I'd rather not waste my time on due to bugs. Also Shores or Tuern with it's invisible fire. You didn't miss out on IC, another skip. 2nd boss does massive dmg to the tank, my 60k op couldn't even survive with 2 healers.

Anything to consume 1 hour of my time I'm skipping. Content like LoMM for example is easy, but the need for two healer's for the second and last boss is out of the ordinary that is proposed by the game. TiC so I didn't even try since in PE they asked for 60k for DPS or Tank.
    > Anything to consume 1 hour of my time I'm skipping. Content like LoMM for example is easy, but the need for two healer's for the second and last boss is out of the ordinary that is proposed by the game. TiC so I didn't even try since in PE they asked for 60k for DPS or Tank.

I agree - CR is another one I forgot. I haven't tried it since they made their changes, but I heard it was still rough. They didn't make any changes to Straahd, with his massive orb damage and X sword attack. I may try the 2 healer method next time it comes up.
    I don't know if change would be the right word, I think casual tweaks or fixes. Today it is MSP with no chance of reviving, passing from Kabal is already very unlikely with their random hit kill, imagine Nostura?

Good luck to the adventurers on duty :# !
    > I don't know if change would be the right word, I think casual tweaks or fixes. Today it is MSP with no chance of reviving, passing from Kabal is already very unlikely with their random hit kill, imagine Nostura?
    >
    > Good luck to the adventurers on duty :# !

Lol I forgot about Kabal in MSP, everyone saying what the hell killed me?