test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance [12/21]

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
All platforms will undergo scheduled maintenance tomorrow, December 21, 7am to 9am PT. Patch Notes are available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11505553

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

All platforms will undergo scheduled maintenance tomorrow, December 21, 7am to 9am PT. Patch Notes are available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11505553

go fix please the bard bugs enough with the stupid fixes
  • mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    What about all the legendary eggs that were introduced from the exploit. Will those privileged few who made 10s/1000s of millions from those get to keep them too or are those being removed as well?
  • daderickdaderick Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Being a former bomb tech, I have a pretty creative mind. Whether its componentry, method of function, placement of item, desired result, second and third order of effect, ICP placement, secondary search, proper approach, or a countless number of other considerations, I've been pretty imaginative. Never could I fathom a scenario where one could repeatedly, consistently, produce such broken results without a negative impact to mission, material, or personnel.

And then I found Neverwinter.
    And I'm blown away (pun intended).

I try to imagine if I constantly produced a folly of errors rendering three day old content obsolete, having to undo the action of my customers, many of them paying customers, burdening them with having to track down the changes I made to their accounts, and then rolling on as if though this is normal, no big deal, and won't result in a negative impact.

It would be like responding to an incident, staging the ICP within frag distance with direct line of sight, breaching doors and smashing windows in the building across the street, for no reason, because it wasn't even part of the scenario, determining we aren't even at the right location, then leaving while saying, "No big deal, we'll be back in a couple days with some changes. In the mean time you can try and figure out what all we did to your building across the street." All while expecting to be happily invited back, no repercussions, no reprimand.

Two people in the alliance I'm in quit tonight after the patch notes were posted. These are just the ones that bothered to say goodbye in Discord.

Neverwinter isn't being happily invited back onto their PC's. Your shortcomings aren't without repercussions. You might want to start looking at this as though its a big deal.

Unless you're indifferent to your current performance and looking for other careers. In that case, good luck.
    I know of one in particular you should not imagine considering.

• kitsunespiritskitsunespirits Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It would be helpful if you updated the laucher to show the correct times. I presume its a hold over from Summertime changes but my launcher says. We will be performing shard maintenance on December 21 from 7-9 AM Pacific (14:00-16:00 UTC). Please check the forums. The time in UTC is out by an hour it should be 15:00 to 17:00

Cheers
  • doszpi#5536 doszpi Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2021

It would be helpful if you updated the laucher to show the correct times. I presume its a hold over from Summertime changes but my launcher says. We will be performing shard maintenance on December 21 from 7-9 AM Pacific (14:00-16:00 UTC). Please check the forums. The time in UTC is out by an hour it should be 15:00 to 17:00

Cheers

Nope, right now it is 16:24UTC. I would consider it user friendly to drop at least a sentence in the forums about it. Something like: "Hey guys, half an hour more, thanks for patience" Or something like this.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited December 2021

Cheers

Nope, right now it is 16:24UTC. I would consider it user friendly to drop at least a sentence in the forums about it. Something like: "Hey guys, half an hour more, thanks for patience" Or something like this.
    It is 8:31 PST. That is still within range of 7-9AM Pacific and that is why kitsunespirits said their UTC conversion from PST is wrong.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    1GB patch for just those notes?!?!?!?