test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lack of Combined Rating on Weapon/Armor Enchant

Probably been reported already, but here goes.

The 4k Item Level Weapon/Armor Enchant gives an 8% damage increase, damage increase depending on which is chosen, and base damage increase as well from improved item level.

But with no combined rating, all classes lose 20% offense and 20% defensive stats (4k IL x 5 offensive and defensive stats). The damage gained from the enchantments do not offset the damage lost from loss of ratings in addition to the loss of survivability. This same concept probably holds true for healers and tanks.

Is this intended or not intended or is the observation incorrect?

Possible fixes. Add combined ratings to weapon/armor enchants or increase the output of said enchantments.

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    This is not a bug and is intended, You shouldn't be losing that much in the %'s though. Also, do not discount the 400 weapon damage and 40k HP added from that 4k iL.
  • gweddeoran#4924 gweddeoran Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

This is not a bug and is intended, You shouldn't be losing that much in the %'s though. Also, do not discount the 400 weapon damage and 40k HP added from that 4k iL.

My friend, 4k Item Level Rise without any Combined Rating drops each stat by 4%. There are 5 offensive and 5 defensive stats. So, 4 * 5% = 20%. And btw, that is a lot of stat reduction. 400 Weapon Damage and 40k HP is moot when it all gets scaled down in most content btw.
  • sharleenaasharleenaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    Even worse: You forgot -4% Forte. For a dps class this ist -2% power and -1% of another offensive stat. So you are down to -23% off stats.

Even more worse on mythic : 5000 gs for the combat enchantment. This will lead to -28,75% off stats.

28% off stats equals roughly about 15%-20% damage, depending where you are standing on your actual % and how you can shift % from one stat to another, trying to keep accuracy low as possible.

5000 gs will be +600 base damage and the +10% damage from the enchantment itself are subject of diminishing effect.

My intension at this point: I leave the combat slot empty.

Ok, we already lost -2x 800 stats in the old system, but with better enchantments.

• stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User

Even worse: You forgot -4% Forte. For a dps class this ist -2% power and -1% of another offensive stat. So you are down to -23% off stats.

Even more worse on mythic : 5000 gs for the combat enchantment. This will lead to -28,75% off stats.

28% off stats equals roughly about 15%-20% damage, depending where you are standing on your actual % and how you can shift % from one stat to another, trying to keep accuracy low as possible.

5000 gs will be +600 base damage and the +10% damage from the enchantment itself are subject of diminishing effect.

My intension at this point: I leave the combat slot empty.

Ok, we already lost -2x 800 stats in the old system, but with better enchantments.

I ran the numbers on preview with all the new enchants maxed, and left 1 of each type in off/def. I went up 14.6k IL. In the end, yes, you get more stat from the enchats of 14100(9k off and 9k def now vs 13 off/def x 300 stat for 3900 old) , but that doesn't offset the lose in rating. In the end, lost 40% on the 10 stats, as you said. Also lost armor enchant % from eclipse. You can run augment to recover 10k on 3 stats, effectively 30%, but even running augment, we lose 10% on our stats.
  • mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    Yep, I just used Janne's calculator to verify. Mid teens damage loss is about right. Not to include all the survivability lost. Maybe its intended and there is stuff we don't realize/understand yet? Doubtful since there was no mention mechanics being changed.
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    I have been thinking the goal is to have end game players in the mid 70% to low 80% range, so it would fit in with that view.
    Even their recent statements say they want players to struggle to cap more than one or so stats. Do not remember the exact wording, but it trends with my view of their direction.

Edit: To add, those stats would be buffed stats as well. So, yeah that's where I see us going.
    > @karvare said:
    > I have been thinking the goal is to have end game players in the mid 70% to low 80% range, so it would fit in with that view.
    > Even their recent statements say they want players to struggle to cap more than one or so stats. Do not remember the exact wording, but it trends with my view of their direction.
    >
    > Edit: To add, those stats would be buffed stats as well. So, yeah that's where I see us going.

I don't think you're getting it. Unless my observation is wrong, it is literally pointless to use a weapon enchant for dps classes (and probably other roles) if they don't change anything from the current state. Actually, it would be detrimental. Literally every hoster will tell everyone to take off their weapon enchants. You know how many players are going to get pissed wasting all those resources to make their builds weaker?
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User

the +10% damage from the enchantment itself are subject of diminishing effect.

I suggest you double check this. This was not true for the last preview build.
    Elite Whaleboy
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    @mparcher, I actually agree with you. The push of IL by the devs along with the lack of combined rating on combat enchants is just another way of the game leading to lower stats. Yes, some will just skip the combat enchant to avoid the loss in stats, but not all. And that is what the devs want, more IL with lower stats to go along with it.

Do I get what you are saying, yes. Do I believe this was the exact intention of the changes, yes. Do I agree with these changes...
    > @karvare said:
    > @mparcher, I actually agree with you. The push of IL by the devs along with the lack of combined rating on combat enchants is just another way of the game leading to lower stats. Yes, some will just skip the combat enchant to avoid the loss in stats, but not all. And that is what the devs want, more IL with lower stats to go along with it.
    >
    > Do I get what you are saying, yes. Do I believe this was the exact intention of the changes, yes. Do I agree with these changes...

Awww, my bad. I see what you're saying now too. I could see them wanting to lower stats for some reason, but what is confusing is the lowering of overall damage by introducing a weapon enchant that lowers damage. Maybe its still being worked on (or my observations are WAY off), but if they aren't aware, then gotta let them know here.
  • arkai#8115 arkai Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Maybe they want US to use augment for stat cap for balance the choice between companion