test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M22 Crown of Keldegonn Trial Feedback

We're going to open up the new trial for anyone to queue into for a brief window. The trial will be made available for testing for a limited period of time starting on Friday (12/17) at 5:00pm PT ending on Monday (12/20) at 10:00am PT. If you wish to try your hand at the trial, I recommend gathering your buddies and giving it a shot. Please post your feedback here!
-Neverwinter Systems Designer

Comments

• aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    Its possibile to ask why for a limited time and not like all the other trials in the past?
    "The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • aster#8001 aster Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2021

Because I'm heartless and cruel.

It's mainly because a lot of us won't be here for the holiday to tend to things. We'll probably open it up again when we come back, if the feedback demands changes that we would want further testing on.

I want to cryyyyy!
    you are a heartless developer! and you are so cruel that you answered me! ahahhahahahha
    Joke aside, there are so many players who want to try this content.
    Many work, even and especially on weekends (me too RIP) but, just because there are holidays soon (so many more players with more free time) I was a bit bewildered by the limited time.
    I hope you will be able to open more slots in the future for us players, in order to test, give feedback, and help and to give us the chance to see the new content that we have been waiting for almost a year.

Also thanks you @lassor for your reply! Understable!

Thanks so much for your work and you answers! Really appreciate!

Good work!
    "The more I care for life, the more everything around me dies."
    AsteR (Barbarian) Mizzrym AsteR (Paladin Healer) AsteR Lezenfan (CW) Nahida AsteR (Bard healer)Carbonated AsteR (SW dps)
    M22-M23 -M24-M25-M26 Alphatester
    Official Content Creator
    Wizard Reworker
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    I don't think I'll get a chance to try it, but will refresh YouTube frequently to get a look at it.
  • olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Question: Will everyone need to have completed up to the 2nd week of the campaign to try this while it's on preview? Or will it be unlocked for everyone to try?
  • rainbow#6026 rainbow Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    @lassor Please, don't forget about Lurker and open it to us too.
    Why so short time to try? Not anyone play the game 24/7! Someone has a family, job or other things to do!!! What you are doing is not fair to players! Open trial for all hollidays, go to christmas tree for a little weekend and get back learn player's feedback! Over such a long period, there will be more time for players to find errors and report them. Where have you taken your prudence?
    Post edited by rainbow#6026 on
  • lassor#2420 lassor Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 76 Cryptic Developer

Question: Will everyone need to have completed up to the 2nd week of the campaign to try this while it's on preview? Or will it be unlocked for everyone to try?

There will be a token that grants access
  • hackzor#8077 hackzor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    :):)
  • lassor#2420 lassor Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 76 Cryptic Developer
    The build should be available around 7pm PT. The trial will remain accessible until roughly 12pm PT on Monday.
  • ninacess#2243 ninacess Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    I agree - after watching Day 1 of the Preview, I saw a partially formed group create a Q and manage to get to P4 after less than 5 hours. They breezed through Phase 1, which wouldn't have happened normally in TOMM or mZC. On Day 2 it looks like a team fully beat the trial.

So I strongly hope that the team will take this to heart and make some changes to make it more challenging. This Trial should prioritize actual endgamers to keep them interested in the game. If anything make this a regular trial like Demogorgon level and have a master version that's more challenging that drops specific endgame gear.
    Post edited by ninacess#2243 on
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Had fun in new trial. Maybe make the bahamut claw and scale available on preview for those that didn't save them, or ever get those armor kits. Good stuff I think though.
  • destrion#3156 destrion Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    @cryzma975#4075

I think ppl being on preview and their toons often being a lot better geared then on luve plays a role it it being completed that far that fast

And i feel like the mechanics are a bit to simple, increasing the hp pool or the dmg they do defenetly won't make it more fun to run.
    In the first fase the dps just wack the boss and move away from it if the red circles come, if they have their eyes open they can see the minions spawn and can kill em in time, nothing more really too it, the second half is pretty much the same but with a smaller arena.

There are too few mechanics and none of em are something that hasn't been done before in other content
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Bug at the second door-portal (after grapple):
    • some red AOEs (spread) can appear and will one-shot people
    • sometimes, the boss was not present on the platform after crossing this portal
    Also, sometimes people have a hard time activating one of the grapples
    Post edited by werdandi#8366 on
  • yunusberkanyunusberkan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    The map name above the minimap is incorrect

• purebishoppurebishop Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Unfortunately, for our party the new challenge was a huge disappointment. The boss has a large pool of health, a lot of damage and ... is that all? The whole trial is made of old and rather boring mechanics. This trial is made up of very few lame and rather boring mechanics. There is no sense of danger, drive, tension, challenge and real complexity. There is no variety as in TOMM. There is no pathos as in Zariel. The new trial takes the same course as the remade Demogorgon. This is a big grief for all cap players. Please don't do this kind of content! We want TOMM- and Zariel-style challenges, not this.
  • jonchillyjonchilly Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 @nitocris83 are you aware that a lot of players crash when logging into preview? We have a few days to look at trial and your servers once again kick us out - shocking to say the least, please fix ASAP and increase time trial is available as 2 days we've been unable to get on!!

Unfortunately, for our party the new challenge was a huge disappointment. The boss has a large pool of health, a lot of damage and ... is that all? The whole trial is made of old and rather boring mechanics. This trial is made up of very few lame and rather boring mechanics. There is no sense of danger, drive, tension, challenge and real complexity. There is no variety as in TOMM. There is no pathos as in Zariel. The new trial takes the same course as the remade Demogorgon. This is a big grief for all cap players. Please don't do this kind of content! We want TOMM- and Zariel-style challenges, not this.

Not sure what you expected from fighting a dragon with mechanics. Also, why another platform like TOMM and Zariel? They do that and people would be saying thats the only trial type. Why not go in and try it, and not wait for someones video.
  • anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    So the first 10 seconds of the trial are fine, but once the supports spawn things start going downhill. First run of supports goes well sometimes, unless they spawn in the purple smoke zones. They should *not* spawn in those zones at all, as they're impossible to DPS in there, and we should not have the spread mechanic while supports are up. From the second round of supports on, things get even worse: they seem to take less damage, they DOT for way more, and they spawn way too quickly after the previous wave. We managed to DPS the dracolich itself for 10 seconds (the first 10 seconds) and then went on and on and on killing supports, until the one in a purple smoke zone gets us all.

Do not listen to Crusaders or other 0.1% - this is just stupid. Give them the option to clear on K-team if they want.

Update
    The supports should not spawn in miasma, and the miasma spread mechanic should not be up while supports are up. Otherwise, this is really more like a skirmish than a trial - it is reminiscent of Dread Legion, with just more people involved. You could scale it back to 5 people and have a very succesful skirmish.

The bosses are huge HP bags, and they pummel you about as much as one would expect from a trial that has a higher IL requirement than ZCM. Otherwise, we have a spread mechanic, and a kill these things in a certain order series of mechanics.

I think the cause of all the fuss - people with high dps can melt through the sacks of HP without much difficulty. There is not much to learn and practice otherwise. You have delivered a very solid piece of hack and slash content - it is gorgeous, well executed (except for the broken miasma, as above, but also when it follows you out of the arena to camp?), adds a nice conclusion to the main story-line of the game, has a nice gimmick, etcetc. Ticks the right boxes.

Except, people have been asking for a piece of content that shows skill. There's a reason people compare it to TOMM and ZCM. It is the same reason why ZCM is considered worse than TOMM, even though Zariel has a bigger HP sack and hits harder. There is a lack of puzzle-like mechanics: no save artis for raid buster, no group for hypo but spread right after, no remembering boss' last position to not die when (s)he enters the arena, no minions who reflect trial mechanics (all the supports do is indiscriminately DOT, which is p boring and not fun), etc etc. This sort of guide will never be necessary for this trial.

If you are looking at keeping it as a trial (not skirmish) then it needs to be taken down a peg in terms of health of enemies and damage taken by players. This is a casual trial, similar in the way it works to Tiamat, or Svardborg. It is easier on mechanics than Cradle and on par with Demo. It is not a successor to TOMM or ZCM.

The people who expect a new endgame trial like TOMM will be disappointed with how easy this is mechanically. The people looking for new Demo will be put off by the amount of HP everything has, and the nondiscriminatory DOTs coming from nowhere. But for crying out loud, everyone will be dissapointed if the loot is padded with blackened-jaw like gear. Honestly, an empty chest is better (think Demo).
    Post edited by anna#4890 on
    stark760 said:

Not sure what you expected from fighting a dragon with mechanics. Also, why another platform like TOMM and Zariel? They do that and people would be saying thats the only trial type. Why not go in and try it, and not wait for someones video.

Within an hour and a half, our group reached the last phase of the new trial. TOMM and Zariel initiate a set of mechanics, which continues the battle if part of the team or the whole team correctly performs it. This is not the case in the new trial. Just a fat boss, just a lot of mobs, just a lot of incoming damage. Tactics, options of artifacts and mounts, timings, team play - all this is not needed here, and in TOMM and Zariel it was a necessity at the time of their release.
  • aragon#8379 aragon Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    During the last phase, Palhavorithyn landed back, but full invisible and untargetable. As the tank, he was still hitting me, dealing claw swipe damage, and doing the tail lash and spin. However it was all fixed when he flew off and landed back again.

stark760 said:

Within an hour and a half, our group reached the last phase of the new trial. TOMM and Zariel initiate a set of mechanics, which continues the battle if part of the team or the whole team correctly performs it. This is not the case in the new trial. Just a fat boss, just a lot of mobs, just a lot of incoming damage. Tactics, options of artifacts and mounts, timings, team play - all this is not needed here, and in TOMM and Zariel it was a necessity at the time of their release.
    Within 2 hours last night of combat time, we took last phase to 30%, whats your point? We had 10 people all on discord. Can't make everyone happy. Also, be prepared for it to be harder when it hits live. For a first peek, i enjoyed.
    stark760 said:

Within 2 hours last night of combat time, we took last phase to 30%, whats your point? We had 10 people all on discord. Can't make everyone happy. Also, be prepared for it to be harder when it hits live. For a first peek, i enjoyed.

It won't be more difficult. Our group is dressed as it will be dressed on live. In its current form, the trial is very insipid, requiring nothing but the ability to move away from the red zones and incredible patience. None of the endgame players around me liked the challenge.

stark760 said:

It won't be more difficult. Our group is dressed as it will be dressed on live. In its current form, the trial is very insipid, requiring nothing but the ability to move away from the red zones and incredible patience. None of the endgame players around me liked the challenge.
    And TOMM and zariel will be there for you then.