test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official: M22 Rewards

cryptic39#8917 cryptic39 Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 90 Cryptic Developer
Hey everyone,

Thank you for playing Neverwinter’s M22 Preview! New areas to explore means new rewards, and there’s definitely quite a bit of them in the upcoming Module.

Within M22, you'll notice a few differences in how rewards are distributed as well as some key updates to certain types of items such as weapons. Some major points of change to note:
  • New Weapons/Necks/Waists are no longer artifact equipment. They will no longer need to be upgraded via the refinement system. These changes do not apply to existing Artifact weapons/necks/waists. Cubes of Augmentation will still be usable with existing Artifact weapons.
    • New Weapons will not have Artifact Modifications.
    • New Weapons will have higher Item Levels, due to no longer having artifact modifications.
    • Right side gear besides the Necks and Waists now can grant one of the Boost Ratings on your character sheet:
      • AP Gain
      • Recharge Speed
      • Stamina Regeneration
      • Movement Speed
  • Artifact Item Levels have been increased. Items such as the Neverwinter’s Standard and Jewel of the North now max at Item Level 1200.
  • Seals of the Wild are now Seals of the North.
  • Seals of the Fallen are now Seals of the Wild.
  • Gear is distributed in various places such as:
    • Seals Stores
    • Treasures in the Zone
    • Campaign Completion
    • Factions
    • Heroic Encounters
    • Defeating rare mobs in the zone
    • Other activities

---

Any feedback regarding powers or requirements on getting certain items is welcome.
We’re specifically looking for feedback on things like:
  • Seal store costs.
  • Requirements on upgrading weapons and armor.
  • Attainment rates of items.
  • Gear Powers.
The Preview Collections have also been updated with rare rewards! We welcome your thoughts on these items, but they may not necessarily be available right away.

As always, anything shown on Preview is subject to change!

Another thing to note is that this thread is NOT for Refinement and Enchantment changes. We welcome all feedback, but the appropriate feedback thread for Enchantment modifications are on the following thread: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1263779/official-refinement-changes

And with all of that out of the way…

Let us know what ya think!

----

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

This text will display in cyan.
This text will display in red.

Examples:
Bug: Upgrade components are not dropping in order for me to upgrade my weapon.
Feedback: It takes way too long to get a single upgrade component for my weapon.

Miku V.

Comments

• olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Bug:Butterfly Bilethorn Illusion does not on display Wizard orbs.
    Post edited by olocancom#0595 on
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Healer gear seems to be underrepresented, especially in the M22 rewards. VoS had a fairly distributed gear pool so every role had at least 2 -3 useful gear pieces. In the M22 rewards I only can find (useful) gear for dps and tanks (excluding new weapon set).
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Bug: Alliance Officer's Cap states accuracy is increased by 750%. Should say 7.5%
    Post edited by olocancom#0595 on
  • gfalconiogfalconio Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    Pls update PVP rewards,

I speak as a player who loves this game since 2014 because of the pvp, I don't know if it is the correct thread, but if it is still on time, I would like you to consider, "ONLY FOR PVP" disable all the gear bonuses, and the mount powers too.

I know that it is difficult at take a lot of time to start balancing it, but only with that it would improve the experience a lot, currently it could be called obscene what you can find in a pvp match today.

oh, And just one more suggestion, if only pvp had an astral reward only for complete a daily match like the queue random trial and advance dungeon have. it would be enough to reactivate the pvp activity on public queu. is very sad the only way for play pvp now is via private channels

sorry my bad english
    PVP GF Sword Master Dominion Champion :3
  • lunartic666lunartic666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 53 Arc User
    Ok, i like new rewards, some of them are bind on equip, thats good, some of them offer nice stats etc. generally good work. I think there is more to come in future preview builds, but there is one thing that i'm interested in - will pvp have some rewards in mod 22? I'm not asking for huge rewards, let it be newest seals and some of the most recent campaign currency (maybe illogical but practical).
    Can i have some respond in this thread?
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

Ok, i like new rewards, some of them are bind on equip, thats good, some of them offer nice stats etc. generally good work. I think there is more to come in future preview builds, but there is one thing that i'm interested in - will pvp have some rewards in mod 22? I'm not asking for huge rewards, let it be newest seals and some of the most recent campaign currency (maybe illogical but practical).
    Can i have some respond in this thread?

From what I've gathered from streams and such, PvP would be getting their own update/mod or what not...and it likely won't be until after they've changed everything else and are happy with how these new systems are working. I don't think anyone would have wanted them to of updated PvP back before M19, only to have the M19/20 combat changes mess up that balance.
  • beyondempty#3179 beyondempty Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Not enough
  • musicskooool#3088 musicskooool Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Feedback: The amount of new vanity pets is nice to see, but collectors of vanity pets are already dealing with a storage issue, as the amount of vanity pets currently in the game pre-Mod 22 already pushes the storage capacity for vanity pets. My suggestion is to offer upgrades for Vanity Pet Storage, Transmute Library, and Fashion Library. The last two I'm throwing in there because it's just time to offer this as well.

Feedback: I agree that many rewards are outdated. Trade Bar store is a big one. I would like to see equipment updated with something newer than M16 weapons. It used to be cool having legacy gear in there when the purpose was for transmutes; it was a nice walk down memory lane and a nice way to offer archived looks. The one option of weapons is not enough currently.

Feedback: I would also like to see an updated enchantment/refinement page in the Trade Bar store. In general, the Trade Bar store needs to reflect the current state of the game. Being able to purchase refinement may not be a bad idea either.

Feedback: Gold Bars should be added both to the Trade Bar store and to the Premium Loot Table. I posted in the refinement thread about Gold concerns as it relates to refinement, but I think that having more ways to get Gold with the increasing demands for it will help keep the cost valuable but relative. A possible solution would be to offer Trade Bars for Gold in a package such as 50 Tradebars for 5 Gold bars, or offering the Gold Bars in quantities of 1-5 in the Premium Loot Table.

Feedback: In my opinion, if the devs are phasing out old artifact set and how they function, old enchantments, old refinement materials and cubes of augmention etc, then it should all be phased out cold turkey and not perpetuate two different systems within the game. Due to the M21 IL changes and how CR works, it could take years to phase out artifact items that have good bonuses, but resources like Cubes of Augmentation to maintain these items may dry up. I think the devs should heavily consider converting all old weapons into the new system. You may also consider this an opportunity to allow players to "upgrade" their old weapons into the new system. They get a newer Item Level but they lose the artifact modifications, etc. Then there would be no need for Cubes of Augmentation (as it should be going forward), we don't have to wait years for newly revived legacy weapons and sets to become obsolete, and there is still a reason to get old items if we want since there will be a way to bring them into the new system besides just actually re-releasing the items reskinned down the road as something new.

Feedback: Seals Store needs an adjustment, particularly with the Miscellaneous and Resources tabs. Miscellaneous has all of the old Weapon and Armor Enhancement shards which will no longer be valid. Perhaps this could change to just refinement for newer players? The Resources tab could be updated to offer new basic enchantments (even more basic than the current basic level on preview) for new players. You could also add refinement to this page as it is very much a resources, you could add Gold Bars, Scrolls of Life, etc. That would leave the Miscellaneous category open to be either completely removed, or completely reinvent it to offer something fun and compelling.

Feedback: Chest Loot seems to have lost many rare items in exchange for the new Premium Loot Table. While I understand and value that players have access to items they need or can use through the Premium Loot Table, I think this should just be named Loot Table, and the Premium Loot Table should be actually premium and re-introduce companions, mounts (not just the legendary ones at the top of the Premium Loot Table), which would be actual premium/rare drops in addition to the regular loot table. I'd expect the chance for these items to be small, but it appears as though many of the companions and mounts once found through dungeon chests became lost until the Knox Boxes placed a few more back into the market. Perhaps the Knox Box IS the solution for this issue, but that is just my observation.
    Post edited by musicskooool#3088 on
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

New Weapons will have higher Item Levels, due to no longer having artifact modifications.
    Artifact Item Levels have been increased. Items such as the Neverwinter’s Standard and Jewel of the North now max at Item Level 1200.
    If you're going to inflate Ilvl that much and with that decrease the actual ratings we can obtain, please remove scaling from the game. Having high ilvl without combined rating to match will lower the overall stats and it's useless in scaled content. Removing all scaling would mean that a high item level would actually be desirable for all content in the game.

the scalling only affects your hp and base damage, your % stay untouched
    @cryptic39#8917 the only thing i saw on new gear that is a no no for me, is that bound to character on equip rather than bound to account on equip, drop chance can be a pain to farm if we going to go for another round of rng for a second char all over again.

about the upgrades from epic to legendary looks awesome, maybe introduce later mythic upgrades were resources drop only on hardcore version of dung/trial/skirmish and the mythic version of the pieces have stats in % and ability score value +5(helmet- INT, chest - CON, arms - STR, boots - DEX, neck - CHA, belts - WIS), with no item level and no combined rating to limit the amount of mythic pieces on char
    the seal store were there is weapon and armor enchantment shards maybe x4 the shard seal value and sell the illusion for those items intead
  • forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

the scalling only affects your hp and base damage, your % stay untouched

Yes the scaling only affects hp and base damage but with the higher ilvl it's way harder to get high stats. Let's say you have 90k ilvl after the rework but only stats of 50% on average. In scaled content you will do worse than someone with 50k ilvl but 70% stats on average. So the high item level doesn't mean anything in scaled content.
  • chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User

The primary reason to play Legacy campaigns after completing them is Sybella Quests
    The primary reason to complete Sybella Quests is the refining items she sells in her store
    Please update the refining items in Sybella's store to preserve the value of her quests.

• arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    I'm very disappointed to see the artifact modifications going away. This is a nice option to tailor the different weapon sets to be useful for the different roles. Being able to buff up your healing at-will as a healer, or buffing up your HP or threat generation as a tank is very useful.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

The primary reason to play Legacy campaigns after completing them is Sybella Quests
    The primary reason to complete Sybella Quests is the refining items she sells in her store
    Please update the refining items in Sybella's store to preserve the value of her quests.

What would you like to see in there out of curiosity? Aside from actual RP gems (which you can craft) it's got all the refining items already.
    arazith07 said:

What would you like to see in there out of curiosity? Aside from actual RP gems (which you can craft) it's got all the refining items already.
    the new glyph of potency and maybe the blue quality mote(not the cyan mythic one that would be to much), rank 1 enchantments pack(bound to account), trade bar have new r1 enchantments, combat enchantment, bonus enchantments, companion runestone, preswards