test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Echoes of Prophecy Currency with Battlepass

ezarielezariel Member Posts: 5 Arc User
So I started Echoes before buying the battlepass during milestone 2. I later bought the premium unlock so I could complete milestone 1 and get premium rewards. I was receiving currency for all 3 milestones now but completed milestone 2 first due to my pre-battlepass progress. Now I only receive currency for milestone 1 and it is still split 3 ways (I only get 40).

Comments

• xjunebridexjunebride Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    This is exactly what I am going through. I really hope they could give some compensation to those affected. Getting only 8 progress per quest is pure torture.
  • arran#4326 arran Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    The exact same thing happened to me. I've opened a ticket but was encouraged by the GM to post here too so here goes my ticket message.

I've got the Echoes of Prophecy battle pass from the zen store, which unlocks the premium tasks, by the time I got it I had not completed any of the 3 campaigns and upon turning in quests I would gain currency for the 3 of them; however as soon as I completed the 2nd campaign (Prophetic Retellings) I stopped gaining currency for the 3rd one (Of Dragons and Influence) and only get it for the first one (A tear in the weave); on top of that, the amount of currency I now get for the 1st campaign is exactly the same I was getting back when I would get it for the 3 campaigns.

In other words, as @ezariel and @xjunebride point out, if I complete a repeatable quest, I only get 8 progress for the first campaign, similarly, if I complete a weekly quest I only get 40 progress for it, and so on... all while I still haven't completed the third campaign.
    Also, this is not just a loot notification issue, I've paid attention to the progress for all campaigns and the behavior is in fact the one described above.

Also, this is not just a loot notification issue, I've paid attention to the progress for all campaigns and the behavior is in fact the one described above.

Yes I've reported it as well and have provided them the screenshot of the progress and quest completion UI. I really hope it get fixed soon.

Dear cryptic, will we get any compensation of some sorts for this bug? :smiley:
  • infmikinfmik Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Bought the premium pass and now can only progress in the first campaign after finishing the second. Since last week cannot get any currency for the third campaign
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    @nitocris83
    Suggested and Expected allocation of point (proposal):

Total number of points needed to complete Echoes of Prophesy = 12000
    During Phase I/Episode 1 - each major quest allocates 120 points to Episode 1 progress
    During Phase 2/after Episode 2 introduction - each major quest allocates 60 points to Episode 1 progress and 60 points to Episode 2 progress
    During Phase 3/after Episode 3 introduction - each major quest allocates 40 points to each of the episode progress trackers.

When one of the Episodes have been completed (4000 points has been allocated to it) the allocation to the remaining 2 episodes is 60 points for major quests.
    When two of the Episodes have been completed (4000 points have been allocated to each of them), completion of a major quest allocates 120 points toward the remaining episode completion.

This provides a consistent allocation of 120 points for each major quest and only regulates where the points are allocated.

For Sybilla quest turn-ins:
    0-4000 total points earned :- One Sybilla quest per day worth 120 points allocated according to the rules above.
    4000-8000 total points earned - Two Sybilla quests per day, each worth 120 points may be turned in allocated according to the rules above
    8000+ Points earned - limits on daily Sybilla quest turn-ins are removed to help the player complete EoP.

I would note that players who started and completed each phase before the next one was released would enjoy a faster completion time because per-quest allocation only changes once an episode has been completed (4000 points on one episode). But it should be easier to program than basing the trigger for changing the allocation per quest only on 4000 point increments in total points earned.
    Post edited by hexngone#5489 on

@nitocris83
    Suggested and Expected allocation of point (proposal):

Total number of points needed to complete Echoes of Prophesy = 12000
    During Phase I/Episode 1 - each major quest allocates 120 points to Episode 1 progress
    During Phase 2/after Episode 2 introduction - each major quest allocates 60 points to Episode 1 progress and 60 points to Episode 2 progress
    During Phase 3/after Episode 3 introduction - each major quest allocates 40 points to each of the episode progress trackers.

When one of the Episodes have been completed (4000 points has been allocated to it) the allocation to the remaining 2 episodes is 60 points for major quests.
    When two of the Episodes have been completed (4000 points have been allocated to each of them), completion of a major quest allocates 120 points toward the remaining episode completion.

This provides a consistent allocation of 120 points for each major quest and only regulates where the points are allocated.

For Sybilla quest turn-ins:
    0-4000 total points earned :- One Sybilla quest per day worth 120 points allocated according to the rules above.
    4000-8000 total points earned - Two Sybilla quests per day, each worth 120 points may be turned in allocated according to the rules above
    8000+ Points earned - limits on daily Sybilla quest turn-ins are removed to help the player complete EoP.

I would note that players who started and completed each phase before the next one was released would enjoy a faster completion time because per-quest allocation only changes once an episode has been completed (4000 points on one episode). But it should be easier to program than basing the trigger for changing the allocation per quest only on 4000 point increments in total points earned.

I personally find the current system is fair and rather than change how it function, I believe it would be easier to just NOT allocate points to the rest of the milestone. Simply put, in our case, milestone 1 get full 24 points until it cap. That way, the program do not need to do any additional check like checking if milestone 3 is active.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    In Redeemed Citadel, if you bought the premium package (up front), whatever you did, it contributed the full amount to each milestone (if it has started). Basically, one could buy the package in the first month and then got 28000 for all 4 milestone during milestone 4.

In Echoes of Prophecy, they allow you to buy the package after the milestone and then split the progress amount to each started milestone. I understand they probably did not want to be like Redeemed Citadel for giving players a way to minimize effort. However, their "new" approach is bad and unnecessary complicated. The simple way is just to contribute point to the lowest milestone until it is filled before contributing point to the next milestone. This is more "natural" and less programming effort.

The current approach:
    1. it has bug and did the math wrong
    2. It takes longer (even when it works right) for one to get the reward. Yes, they can get 3 'first' rewards at the same time but it takes longer for one obtain (say) the 4th reward of milestone 1.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • imark#6847 imark Member Posts: 3 New User
    > @xjunebride said:
    > This is exactly what I am going through. I really hope they could give some compensation to those affected. Getting only 8 progress per quest is pure torture.
    i have the same problem, and that is not right, we need to be rewarded
    I opened a ticket for that issue, the gm incourage me to post here my experiece about this bug cuz we are many affected by that... we payed to have more, but they give us less, that is amazing.
    You know what, this is my first time i buy something on this game...if they dont fix it quickly and to give us a refound or some reward, this will be my last time i spend my money here...
    I report my ticket below:
    ----
    "when i got the Battle Pass Premium i had the first milestone incomplete and the second milestone completed, and the third
    mileston never started.
    Actually it never gave to me the currency of the third milestone.
    It started to gave me only the currency of the first milestone.
    Already its giving to me only 8 currency of the first milestone for repetable quests and 40 currency for the weekly quests.
    I check it now, no splitted currency the third milestone is empty.
    Please Help Me."
  • sher0013sher0013 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    I had somewhat same problem I guess. Bought battle pass and started campaigns roughly at the same time with difference being around 0-100-50 (m1-m2-m3)
    Yesterday I finished m2 and probably at this point stopped getting currency for m3, finishing quests just gave me 8 or 40 points for m1.
    I didn't even know that currency splits between milestones, just thought this was a bug and sent a ticket (I play on Russian server btw). Got an answer that everything is working as intended and if I have more questions about such aspects of the game I should ask fan community because maybe this is some secret mechanic and support staff is not allowed to reveal it to players (what)

Anyway after receiving an answer I tried doing one more quest with m1 being completed and suprisingly got 24 points for m3. This happened after the patch but I suppose it has nothing to do with it, since Russian server gets maintenance a day later and having read answers here I see that the problem persisted.
    So I guess the progress is bugged until you complete m1. My suggestion is - if you are very close to completing m1, just do it and you should be able to complete m3 with normal progression. Otherwise it's probably better to send tickets and hope for a fix.
    Send tickets anyway because clearly this is not working as intended and should be fixed.
    Post edited by sher0013 on
    This is insane, I should have completed the 3 campaigns by now but I'm going slower than people who didn't buy the pass... Are we going to get a refund or something?
    edited December 2021
    wtt battlepass for peridot
    Post edited by arran#4326 on
  • highisflyy#8158 highisflyy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I joined late into the echos event about the time the second one was just starting and I fully did that one, when I saw the third week had a mythic mount I bought the premium rewards to get that and for some reason now, my week one had 500 echo points while the third week is at 2748 and it’s not going up anymore. Do I really have to farm all of this extra stuff just to get my mythic mount I wanted?

I joined late into the echos event about the time the second one was just starting and I fully did that one, when I saw the third week had a mythic mount I bought the premium rewards to get that and for some reason now, my week one had 500 echo points while the third week is at 2748 and it’s not going up anymore. Do I really have to farm all of this extra stuff just to get my mythic mount I wanted?

If this works correctly, yes. You need to reach 4000 to get it.
    If this does not work correctly (it appears it does not), well.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    > @plasticbat said:
    > If this works correctly, yes. You need to reach 4000 to get it.
    > If this does not work correctly (it appears it does not), well.
    What so I really have to farm 4000 points for week 1 at a rate of 8 and 40 per completion just to finally get back on track and finish off the last 1200 I need for my mythic mount?
    edited December 2021

> @plasticbat said:
    > If this works correctly, yes. You need to reach 4000 to get it.
    > If this does not work correctly (it appears it does not), well.
    What so I really have to farm 4000 points for week 1 at a rate of 8 and 40 per completion just to finally get back on track and finish off the last 1200 I need for my mythic mount?

No idea how it works now because it is kind of broken. If it works properly, it would not be 8 and 40 per completion.

If it works properly, I complete 4000 in one day casually using 4.5 toons.
    I'm so disappointed, no more money to spend here from my pockets. 8 and 40 currency...it's like a torture... ARC listen you will never get my money again.
    Guys dont spend your money, play only free, it seems better.
    > @"imark#6847" said:
    > I'm so disappointed, no more money to spend here from my pockets. 8 and 40 currency...it's like a torture... ARC listen you will never get my money again.
    > Guys dont spend your money, play only free, it seems better.

Yeah I’m real sad to because during the 35% off for Black Friday I was about to buy out and buy the Premium but I didn’t and I already ate the bullet buying the premium 2 days after the sale ended when the mount was showed. This is sad if they can’t do anything to help us. Honestly I have like 6 more characters so if they could just fix this then it could really be a plus letting me farm for months one again
    edited December 2021

> @imark#6847 said:
    > I'm so disappointed, no more money to spend here from my pockets. 8 and 40 currency...it's like a torture... ARC listen you will never get my money again.
    > Guys dont spend your money, play only free, it seems better.

Yeah I’m real sad to because during the 35% off for Black Friday I was about to buy out and buy the Premium but I didn’t and I already ate the bullet buying the premium 2 days after the sale ended when the mount was showed. This is sad if they can’t do anything to help us. Honestly I have like 6 more characters so if they could just fix this then it could really be a plus letting me farm for months one again

This event is account wide. You just need to fill 4000 per milestone once per account.
    You have 6 characters. You can use 4.5 characters to do weekly quests and event quests (120 each when that works, 40 each in your situation). No, I didn't do those 24 (or 8) quest at all (except for triggering the weekly quest).
    When it worked properly (giving 120), I got 4000 in one day playing 'casually'.
    > @plasticbat said:
    > This event is account wide. You just need to fill 4000 per milestone once per account.
    > You have 6 characters. You can use 4.5 characters to do weekly quests and event quests (120 each when that works, 40 each in your situation). No, I didn't do those 24 (or 8) quest at all (except for triggering the weekly quest).
    > When it worked properly (giving 120), I got 4000 in one day playing 'casually'.

Yeah I use to do that as well but I did 2 characters and only got like 400 and I’m down to only like 4 more characters and 2 of them are empty slots that I would have to level.
  • sergey235711sergey235711 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Any updates? I turned in more than 20 sybella quests but obtained currency only once. Additionally I receiving only 40/8 currency by turning quests. That's insane, I still didn't reached even the first reward. As I know, players without battle pass are not affected by these bugs.
  • andraskozak#2960 andraskozak Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Same here.
    I've got 40-40-40 after I bought the premium pass.

After I finished T2 I only get 40 from T1 and nothing from T3.

So I can't finish the T3.
    I can try buying the completion from zen but idk if it works.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I bought the completion and it worked fine but I only had 50% of the 3rd chapter undone, I had done all the rest.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
    I started EoP (the first two quests) then bought the battle pass, so the points are allocated first to Episode 1. I have now completed Episode 1 and as this video shows, the point allocation has changed from 40/Episode to 60/remaining Episode (which is a good thing). However, the Sybilla quest trigger is still set for 1 quest/day and does *not* change when one episode is completed.

https://imgur.com/Nvw214k

• dankster420#3976 dankster420 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm also having the same issue. Bought the premium pass after completing stage 3, had stage 2 100% completed. 55% finished with stage 1. Quests that were giving 120 marks now only give 40 marks, 24 mark quests now give 8. Pay $25 to get 1/3 progress after grinding the others out for 2 months. Maybe I'm just a dumb noob as I started mid way into stage 1 and I dont understand the bait and switch tactic?
    edited December 2021

I'm also having the same issue. Bought the premium pass after completing stage 3, had stage 2 100% completed. 55% finished with stage 1. Quests that were giving 120 marks now only give 40 marks, 24 mark quests now give 8. Pay $25 to get 1/3 progress after grinding the others out for 2 months. Maybe I'm just a dumb noob as I started mid way into stage 1 and I dont understand the bait and switch tactic?

My point was twofold.
    1) The event appears to be programmed assuming you will complete Episode 1 before 2 or 3
    and
    pitshade said:

Episode 2 allowed for multiple turn ins of Sybella quests and currency on all of them. I did the EoP EP2 intro quests on my main and completed with alts running Sybella quests. Only EP1 had the 1 quest a day.

2) Contrary to the post from @pitshade in another thread on the Trigger error message, I am *not* able to collect more than once a day once I have progressed in EoP past Episode 1 completion.

edited December 2021
    My hunch of their programming bug is something like:
    if milestone 1 not full, give milestone1 quest point divided by 3 and give milestone 2 quest point divided by 3 and give milestone 3 quest point divided by 3.

However, when milestone 2 is full (but not milestone 1), it cannot give milestone 2 quest point divided by 3. It got an error. Because of the "error", it stops (as it does not give any point to milestone 3).

If my hunch is relevant and if anyone actually wants to try the theory, fill up milestone 1 (slowly). Then, I think the program will give full point to milestone 3 after that.
  • rwekrwek Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I feel like this is a small player base being affected so not getting addressed. I have not bought it yet but my friend is having same issue. If they don't fix I wont buy. And if others learn, I'm sure they would feel the same. This needs fixed before time runs out on event.
    It's been over a week and the post hasn't even been acknowledged... I guess we're not getting anything here so I've contacted support again, seriously expecting a refund at this point :/