test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Learning to Fish" quest is broken in Chult

My friend and I are playing through the Chult campaign and picked this quest up. We spoke to the Fishmonger but have no boat in our inventory (special items). The quest tells us to go into the river to fish, but when we do, we do not enter a boat and the fish eat us. We are also unable to drop/abandon the quest to see if that will fix it.

Steps I'd imagine to produce
- Get quest Learning to Fish
- Try to complete quest by entering river

Expected outcome
- Fish

Actual outcome
- Death
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    aegollie#9888 aegollie Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    You need to pick up a khyek boat in the Sea of Moving Ice. This will allow you to move in the river without being eaten by ravenous fish or drowning.
    There is also a 'Learning to Fish' quest in SoMI but none of the quests gives you the starter rod currently. You can buy bait but not a rod and the quest giver does not give you a rod.
    I have reported the same bug in the PS bug forums.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    You're supposed to do the campaigns in the order released. SKT comes before Chult.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    Both quests are broken.
    I have tried to complete the quest in SoMI on a character that hasn't been in Chult and it still doesn't work. The quests are broken.
  • Options
    starrlight#7491 starrlight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Even if they weren't, that would still be a bug to me - nowhere in the quest does it indicate there's another step beforehand. They don't force you to do the campaigns in order, so if that were a precondition, they would have likely made that clearer by giving a step to go to the SoMI

My friend did end up hearing back on a support ticket and apparently they are aware of this issue! So a fix hopefully will be incoming at some point
  • Options
    crusthelvetecrusthelvete Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    I had problem with that fishing quest aswell in somi, but i bought that fishing rod from npc in somi, that reel in % faster.
    After that, fishing worked.
    need to buy the boat and logworm(?) bait too , ofc . Later when gets daily quest u get krill bait for free.
  • Options
    rwekrwek Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Having the same issue. It was only finding a video from 2017 that it even hinted at getting a kayak from another zone. The description in this is "learning to fish" This does everything except. I'm still stuck, but will try to get a boat and fishing pole from another zone.
  • Options
    rwekrwek Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    More research trying to get this to work. The Sea of moving ice should have a starter quest to give you a pole and boat. When you go behind the quest giver to get your kayak. There is a basket with fishing poles. This should glow and allow you to pick it up. It does not give you a pole. The basket is there but not active. This stops new players from getting a pole for Sea of moving ice or Chult. The work around is to grind out and get a higher tier pole.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    The fix is coming with today's update
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    If you are still stuck with these quests and cannot abandon them, go to the Winter Festival area and complete the Learning to Fish quest there and buy the starter rod and bait from the merchant next to the lake.