test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL: Refinement Changes

Comments

• lordmelchett#1830 lordmelchett Member Posts: 38 Arc User

@noworries#8859 here's a TL;DR, but hoping you read the post in full:

- Please add back unique effects of weapon & armor enchantments for launch.
    - Please add exchanges for Rank 8 & 9 enchantments as was done for bondings.

Spot on.
    I'd also add that we need exchange for MoPs to the new Glyphs.
    Those MoPs were definitely not free to collect.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

arazith07 said:

Obviously I am not talking about those, I am talking about the normal enchantments.

The issue with the entry point remains though. R9s and even some Armor and Weapon Enchantments are cheap, a new set of R1s is 3M+, at least with the info available right now. That's quite a difference.
    Not sure where you are getting your 3M value. You can get a set for 1M, 10 slotsx100k AD. There is currently no place to buy a Runestone or Combat Enchantment. We are also not taking into account what the outdated rewards in the adventures will end up being. Speaking of...

Bug: Leveling Adventurer awards are giving old enchantments/runestones/weapon enchants.
    Feedback: I suggest the above be switched to rank 1s of the new enchantments.
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    arazith07 said:

arazith07 said:

Obviously I am not talking about those, I am talking about the normal enchantments.

The issue with the entry point remains though. R9s and even some Armor and Weapon Enchantments are cheap, a new set of R1s is 3M+, at least with the info available right now. That's quite a difference.
    Not sure where you are getting your 3M value. You can get a set for 1M, 10 slotsx100k AD. There is currently no place to buy a Runestone or Combat Enchantment. We are also not taking into account what the outdated rewards in the adventures will end up being. Speaking of...

Bug: Leveling Adventurer awards are giving old enchantments/runestones/weapon enchants.
    Feedback: I suggest the above be switched to rank 1s of the new enchantments.
    10x normal enchantments = 1,000k
    60 tokens for 2x combat/companion = 2,400k

Sure maybe there will be additional sources for all enchantments especially combat/companion. That's why I was saying "at least with the info available right now". But we can obviously only debate the current preview state. What makes the entry point especially cruel is the fact that certain armor and weapon enchantments at Rank 9 are already quite expensive, but get completely devalued. Players should be able to exchange old R9s (300 item level) for a new R1 (300 item level).
    Post edited by fritz#8093 on
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    agodbea said:

So the 'rank 8 weapon enchantment pack' that you get from completing the levelling adventure 'the whispering caverns' is now basically 2500 RP the equal of a 'jadeite'

And I believe this "new" 'rank 8 weapon enchantment pack' was introduced in mod 21. Not a legacy item.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    The temporary enchantments should expire based on combat time, not elapsed time since character conversion (presumably - why don't you explicitly state when that clock starts ticking on a character basis).
  • olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    So for once I'm not mad about the changes. It's fewer items you need to collect and once upgraded will give you way more stats than simply adding a mythic rank to the enchantments on live. (Which is what I was expecting and hoping for.) Not having them tied to gear is great! Swapping your gear for different situations will be breeze.

I've done the exchange a couple of times on preview now and once you factor in the guild boons I have on live I'll be a higher item level from day one.

I would like to see more of the armor and weapon enchantments added as a choice for use in the combat slot.

I'm not someone who plays a lot of alts so I'm not worried about my never used fighter not having any enhancements. Besides, the 100k ad for a green enhancement (300 ivl) is good price considering it's still more item level and stats than a rank 15 enchantment (200 ilvl). (Vendor is in the Adventurer's Guild, 2nd floor if you haven't found it yet.)

Having all your enhancements on 1 page neatly laid out makes it much easier to swap things around. No longer do you need to hover over things and figure out where you put that azure or whatever. Quality of life = improved.

New zone is nice, big and spacious and I don't feel like I'm stumbling over other players all the time. Grappling hook that doubles as a weapon is fun.

A tank friend of mine is worried about holding threat with the big boost DPS will be getting. I'd suggest adding some gear or increasing tanks base threat modifier. As is it is, most 50k tanks have trouble holding agro with 3 60k dps using tunnel vision and demogorgon's reach.

I'd still like to see the RNG in VoS addressed though. It sucks.

Post edited by olocancom#0595 on
  • colemcmcolemcm Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    If they're going to make r8/r9 stones worthless, maybe they should instead give every toon a base set of uncommon stones and allow them to trade in r10+ stones for mats to upgrade them? It would keep people from turning in a huge amount of low rank stones to get better replacements, but not totally screw over new players that don't have better equipment.
  • olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    colemcm said:

If they're going to make r8/r9 stones worthless, maybe they should instead give every toon a base set of uncommon stones and allow them to trade in r10+ stones for mats to upgrade them? It would keep people from turning in a huge amount of low rank stones to get better replacements, but not totally screw over new players that don't have better equipment.

Rank 8 & 9 already are already worthless though. Our guild bank is full of them and nobody takes any because they drop so much in game. Maybe the middle ground is every player gets a free rank 2 pack regardless of what they had. But leave the rank 8/9's out of the exchange vendor.
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Request: make the weapon/armor enchant effect reclaimable account wide. Currently I transfer these expensive enchants among my toons.

Also, at a minimum allow lower level weapon/armor enchants to be traded for their respective effect.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    @noworries#8859
    Hi, thanks for your and whole teams hard work.

I will not go in details, but since there are changes with weapon enchantment( now offensive enchantments). I want to ask few questions. Or more precise clarifications on how enchantments should work in certain situations. .

Let's take Poisoned thorns ( previously Bilethorn).
    By tooltip, it have CC effect, reduce enemies movement speed by 10%, for 4s, and it's stack x3 times. Also it does 25 magnitude damage over 4s.
    The question is how different ranked versions of same enchantment should behave.

Lets say we have target which where affected by Poisoned Thorn ( legendary) and then other player hit same target with Mythic ranked version.
    So should higher ranked version override lesser ranked versions effect( DoT and CC) or reffresh or they stack.

Same can be asked about Plague Fire enchantment too.
    Should different ranked override each other or refhresh or they stack seprated.

And also this enchantment have 10% chance to do extra 10 mag explode damage. So it's bring question, if you have lets say 5 players with same or different ranked plague fire enchantmetns, do 10s cool down counts for all in same time, or it count for each player individually..

I know that it's sound as silly questions, but I need to know clear statement how they should behave. If we don't know how it should work, then it's simply impossible to test out and find out do they work as intended or not. What outcome is considered as Ok and which interactions are not OK.

p.s Is there plans in future( someday) add more enchaments? Also is runes which increase companion dealt dmg, but there is nothing like that which would improve support companions performance..

There is Lliira's Bell of Empowerment which increase companions dealt dmg and also there is bell which reduce companions abilties/skills cool down. So I woder is there are plans to bring similar thing with runestones..
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    > @jbear79 said:
    > Not sure I see where you think that would ruin the economy. I trade in MY 3 r15s for a new rank 2 > I trade in my rank 2 for a bound rank 2 > I can no longer trade it or influence the economy with it by selling it > I claim it on my alt that had rank9 enchantments and which was never going to get any better enchantments > My alt gains a very nice replacement of the equivalent of 3 r15s for the now useless r9s that he was running.
    >
    > How would you see that as ruining the economy?
    >
    > Because I would no longer need to consider buying r2's for my alts? I would never have considered that anyway. How would that effect the economy even if I did? Because I'm not going to sink ad into buying expensive enchantments for my mostly unloved toons?
    >
    > If I could equip my alts with a decent set of enchantments and achieve a decent balance to their stats I might actually start liking them ... and might start investing in equipping them with other things they are lacking ...
    >
    >
    > I mean these are all mights - but I'm not seeing the destruction of the economy. Seeing your follow up post I can tell you are upset and probably don't want to discuss things. That's completely understandable. But if you would be willing to share the angle you are seeing that maybe I'm missing, I'd be interested in understanding what you mean.
    >
    > Edit: Do you mean exclusively the trade in of new r5's as an option? Again, I think if you did the above, ranked up your new rank 2s to rank 5s and then handed them in to make them bound - yes that would be a great boon for all alts, but again not seeing how this could effect the economy either honestly.

You wrote : « If I could exchange a fully upgraded enchantment for a bound fully upgraded enchantment I could then claim on my alts, I would actually consider that a fantastic option»

Trading a current fully upgraded enchantment (r15) for a new fully upgraded enchantment (rank 5) is what I think would be bad for the economy
    Elite Whaleboy
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    wilbur626 said:

> @jbear79 said:
    > Not sure I see where you think that would ruin the economy. I trade in MY 3 r15s for a new rank 2 > I trade in my rank 2 for a bound rank 2 > I can no longer trade it or influence the economy with it by selling it > I claim it on my alt that had rank9 enchantments and which was never going to get any better enchantments > My alt gains a very nice replacement of the equivalent of 3 r15s for the now useless r9s that he was running.
    >
    > How would you see that as ruining the economy?
    >
    > Because I would no longer need to consider buying r2's for my alts? I would never have considered that anyway. How would that effect the economy even if I did? Because I'm not going to sink ad into buying expensive enchantments for my mostly unloved toons?
    >
    > If I could equip my alts with a decent set of enchantments and achieve a decent balance to their stats I might actually start liking them ... and might start investing in equipping them with other things they are lacking ...
    >
    >
    > I mean these are all mights - but I'm not seeing the destruction of the economy. Seeing your follow up post I can tell you are upset and probably don't want to discuss things. That's completely understandable. But if you would be willing to share the angle you are seeing that maybe I'm missing, I'd be interested in understanding what you mean.
    >
    > Edit: Do you mean exclusively the trade in of new r5's as an option? Again, I think if you did the above, ranked up your new rank 2s to rank 5s and then handed them in to make them bound - yes that would be a great boon for all alts, but again not seeing how this could effect the economy either honestly.

You wrote : « If I could exchange a fully upgraded enchantment for a bound fully upgraded enchantment I could then claim on my alts, I would actually consider that a fantastic option»

Trading a current fully upgraded enchantment (r15) for a new fully upgraded enchantment (rank 5) is what I think would be bad for the economy

... but giving only a small percentage of players a fully new setup and letting them sell any leftovers is "good" for the economy?
    Yeah, i think i understand it now, you and others making a huge profit through this exchange -> good for the economy.
    Anyone else getting at least something out of the exchange -> bad for the economy.

Btw. last time i checked, the "economy" got nuked by Knox Boxes, and i see not many actual complains about that either.

As i said before, any enchantment/runestone from the exchange should be bound to account as they did it in the past, 0 to little impact on the economy that way.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • tankready#0772 tankready Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    i have idea to solve our rank 15 enchantment problem

on preview we have
    4 offensive enchantments
    4 defensive enchantments

so hear me out

now all 8 enchantment slots are empty no stats in them and we can use 4x enchantment for 1 empty offence or defense slot

example

1 empty offensive enchantment
    less say i want to add 2x radiant 15s for 2x power
    and i want to add 2x azure 15s for 2x crit strike

then would then fill up that 1 out 4 offensive or defensive enchantment slots
    that way we can use our rank 15s in a unique way

so total we would have 16 defense enchantments and 16 offensive enchantments