test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL: Refinement Changes

Comments

• tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    The new meta will be to create a single set of enchants + alternates and transfer them from character to character as you play.

Annoying, yes. But a lot less costly overall.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    tgwolf said:

The new meta will be to create a single set of enchants + alternates and transfer them from character to character as you play.

All 12 of my characters have their own enchants. The only thing I used to move was the bondings after they made that free. The only things I move now are comp gear w/runes and collars.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • docj0rdocj0r Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2021

If this is the system going forward, the current UI design for enchantments needs improvement to better hide the arbitrary nature of enchantment / stat progression. In the previous system, enchantments were slotted into equiptment which was a helpful way to immerse the player in what they were doing, to mask the pure +numbers system and make it seem more tangible thing you were doing to your equiptment. I would suggest some sort of UI rework to help tie enchantments to the character / equiptment while if possible, maintaining the improvement of not having them follow your armor pieces into the inventory.

Cheers!
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    greywynd said:

tgwolf said:

All 12 of my characters have their own enchants. The only thing I used to move was the bondings after they made that free. The only things I move now are comp gear w/runes and collars.
    Same. Except (for arguments sake) let's only include characters with Rank 12+ Enchants equipped.

That's at least 80-90 characters for me.

Welp, I have a lot of Soulforged to upgrade to R10. Since they y'know were extremely good at any rank.
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    The price of Mark of potency rank 4 dropping to under 15k, cheaper than can be bought from from bazaar w/ discount this week and max vip. People are unsure if there will be a turn in for old marks, which are still sold, and on discount right now. The enchanting stones from dread ring are also dropping quickly. These were currency that many built up over years. Please announce if there is going a turn in, or what the plan is with things that are going to be made useless, or used a fraction of what they were before. Showing the lower usage, or not having a place at all, and not letting people know what they are going to get in return for this, is causing prices on live server to tank.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

This is going to be kept as short and clear as possible.

Overall, I don't see the change to refinement bad. In the end, we do end up with more stats in terms of offensive and defensive enchantments... Or rather, we would.

1. Currently blue enchants which we use to replace our rank 15s in total give less ratings than 8x Assassin's and cost to upgrade even one is massive, unless...

2. Motes. We have no info on those. Are there going to be different ranks of motes? Because it's like deciding between 1% and 100% chance, where 1% chance costs, once again, much more than the guarantee, further inflating the 100% mote's price.

3. Combat enchantment. It's absolutely the worst. No combined rating for a very minimal upgrade. Yes, minimal. Players have to account for 5k loss (with mythic combat enchant) in defensive, offensive and utility ratings. That means DPS players definitely lose 5k in all defensive ratings with zero compensation (HP is not a compensation) and 5% total from whatever their forte is providing. Before we at least had resistances from Fireburst or Barkshield... maybe even negation, now those were taken away.

What about scaled instances in this scenario? Some players will have barely same offensive ratings, with an augment, and while their HP will be scaled down, their defenses will also remain unchanged.

Once again, Combined rating is needed. We are at 75k item level on average now and look how my defensive ratings look like:

This is in fact a 5% loss in defensive stats compared to live that I just can't cover up. 10% more HP won't work for 25% defensive stats loss.

Edit:

To make it clearer on what I mean by loss of ratings rank 15s. Yes, we do gain item level... but again, it's a combined rating loss. It can be disregarded in terms of offensive/defensive enchantments.
    Bonus enchantment which provides 15% speed at maximum rank is only providing 60% of what we used to gain at max rank if we choose movement speed though.

have you tried the right augment companion with the right stats for you? fighting companion got nerfed to the ground when you loose the companion rune slots to add stats, the new enchantments combined rating values seem to low
  • geminisky59#9345 geminisky59 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    greywynd said:

tgwolf said:

They should also do the same thing with mount insignias and collars.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    More deletions. I guess my soulforged is gone now? Also deleting the choices regarding off/def combos.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • thomasschwandathomasschwanda Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    So what you are saying is all out rank 9s are now useless in this new money grab? So the r9 barkshield, bronzewood and elven battle i got on my alt tank, that i spend millions of AD to buy is now worthless? Thank you once again for destroying our toons. And yes we get about 5k more IL, but the stats can't keep up so we actually drop in stats. 4k IL for a combat encantment? Come on man. And once again or defense seems to drop even more for dps. Im 60k now and spend hours of grunding and some money on Zen to get 15 myth insignia to balance the stats perfectly, and now we are screwed again. You dont even put all max rank enchantments out to grab and test on preveiw so we can actually see what to aim for at end game. You are getting so greedy i understand ppl are leaving the game, and Im pretty close to join them.
  • thomasschwandathomasschwanda Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    > @arazith07 said:
    > As it is on live now, rank 9s are super cheap anyways and basically useless now. I suspect that the new rank 1s will be just as ubiquitous. You really aren't losing anything as a new player by refining old low rank enchants and getting the new ones. You are trying to apply value that hasn't had value in years.

Well my barkshield, bronzewood and elvenbattle r9s are not cheap. I spent millions on those on my little tank i was building up to play other than dps. Those are now worth 0!
  • slohcin13#7963 slohcin13 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I have seen a few posts about wards being consumed. My understanding is that you use wards to protect any portion that you want to protect and a ward on each warded material is consumed on failure. So having two wards in protects two of the three slots, meaning both wards disappear on failure in addition to the third slots cost being used because it was not warded. If you have one ward in, then you lose on ward and the material for the other two slots. Not sure why y'all think they would have multiple ward slots and only consume a ward from one slot on failure....
  • lordmelchett#1830 lordmelchett Member Posts: 38 Arc User

I have seen a few posts about wards being consumed. My understanding is that you use wards to protect any portion that you want to protect and a ward on each warded material is consumed on failure. So having two wards in protects two of the three slots, meaning both wards disappear on failure in addition to the third slots cost being used because it was not warded. If you have one ward in, then you lose on ward and the material for the other two slots. Not sure why y'all think they would have multiple ward slots and only consume a ward from one slot on failure....

That's because it doesn't make sense...
    In the current system you use 1 ward to protect multiple resources.
    In this new system it actually burns wards for protecting nothing.

Each attempt to upgrade should not burn more than 1 ward since it can only burn only 1 resource.