test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL: Refinement Changes

Comments

• froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    An account wide enchant as proposed isn't too bad if it is truly in ADDITION to the current changes. I still want to have the option to sell/trade my stuff.

I could see putting regular upgraded enchants on 3/9 toons, then the account wide on the others. Sometimes I feel like a change of scenery when paying, but wouldn't want to gimp my mains.

I would want a way to upgrade the account wide enchant though. Even if it is expensive, perhaps add an AD cost to remove some from the economy.
    Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User

If someone is playing 5-10 different characters each play session that could be slightly tedious to move to the shared bank and back each time. I could look into a thing where an enchant could be turned in for a bound to account, can't be refined, can't be sold, can't be turned into RP account wide unlock enchant. Which means each character could have their own version, but I'm not sure how players would feel about that option since it does mean taking an enchant you could auction/sell and turns it into one that you can't do that with.

Would this new account bound thing replace the unbound system currently in preview, or would players have a choice between unbound enchants and account bound enchants ?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Now that I read some others posts and thought about it a lil more .
    Being able to Bound an item/enchantment to account so it can be used by each character on the account would be great . As long as we have the choice to do it rather than by default .

Still need to know what’s going to happen to all our marks of potency n enchanting stones
    jbear79 said:

noworries#8859 said:
    » show previous quotes
    There has been a few people talking about how their main characters have good enchants but their alts have rank 8/9 because those were cheap/easy to get. The new enchants that are exchanged for are unbound, and there is no unslot cost to take them off your character. This means all of your characters can share the same enchantments.

If someone is playing 5-10 different characters each play session that could be slightly tedious to move to the shared bank and back each time. I could look into a thing where an enchant could be turned in for a bound to account, can't be refined, can't be sold, can't be turned into RP account wide unlock enchant. Which means each character could have their own version, but I'm not sure how players would feel about that option since it does mean taking an enchant you could auction/sell and turns it into one that you can't do that with.

I missed where this reply was given. Unslotting enchantments at no cost is great and appreciated. Having to do that and reslotting on each toon you play would indeed be tedious (I run 6 toons through bounties ... hehehe just for that tiny chance of the 1300k il companion gear dropping). It wasn't the gold cost that made me buy all new r15s for my main dps character (my main is a tank). In theory I could take the insignias off at no cost from my tank solo build and put them on my rogue each time ... and then back again ... but I don't. He gets his own insignias too. And it is precisely to avoid the tedium.

So yeah, if there was an OPTION (not an obligation) to hand in bound enchantments for unbound enchats I could claim on all my toons, that is definitely something I would consider as a fair solution. If I could exchange a fully upgraded enchantment for a bound fully upgraded enchantment I could then claim on my alts, I would actually consider that a fantastic option and something I would opt into without a doubt. It would basically mean I could run interesting content on all of my toons, well worth the investment.

If it was only tradeable at the rank2 option, then it would stand as an ok option worth considering after some very careful calculations as to what enchantment combinations would give the greatest amount of balance across tank, healer and dps classes.

The new rank 2 equals three rank 15 enchantments. Giving account wide rank 5 enchants would ruin the economy forever ?
    Elite Whaleboy
    The most important question of them all :

What will happen to the Glorious Founders Enchantments ?
    Elite Whaleboy
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    When does this go live? I was just on preview and see no way to exchange anything lower than R11.
  • unscchaos#2516 unscchaos Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2021

Exchange Rates

Enchant/Runestone Rank / Exchange Currency
    15 20
    14 12
    13 8
    12 4
    11 2
    10 1

Weapon + Armor Enchants
    14 120
    13 80
    12 50
    11 30
    10 20

I know to exchange for medallions start at rank 10, but if I have rank 8 weapon/armor enchants are those exchangeable for the transmutes?
  • horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User

Exchange Rates

Enchant/Runestone Rank / Exchange Currency
    15 20
    14 12
    13 8
    12 4
    11 2
    10 1

Weapon + Armor Enchants
    14 120
    13 80
    12 50
    11 30
    10 20

I know to exchange for medallions start at rank 10, but if I have rank 8 weapon/armor enchants are those exchangeable for the transmutes?
    no
  • When does this go live? I was just on preview and see no way to exchange anything lower than R11.

I think the 30th of December. Happy New Year!
  • karacarn#7022 karacarn Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Will we get illusions for rank 9 enchants? And will we get illusions of flower barkshield?
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Will the new r1 enchants be in the lockboxes?

In that case they will be dirt cheap like r9's in a few months and all alts can actually get an upgrade from enchants at a low price.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

surely this secret refinements nerf /upgrade fiasco will help alleviate all the astral diamond exchange backlog .. that was the plan all along anyways .. LOL

I mean, ironically it might a little.

Making the Currency buyable for AD rather than Zen will motivate certain people to buy Zen to convert into AD, which will go toward the process.

Not most people, who stopped spending money ages ago but some people.