test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M22 General Feedback

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Greetings Adventurers!

M22 is now on the Preview shard! We will be creating specific feature feedback threads for players to discuss their thoughts on the different areas of the upcoming module but you can leave your general thoughts on this thread.

Please note that everything on Preview is not necessarily final and is subject to change. We look forward to your feedback!

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

This text will display in cyan.
This text will display in red.

Examples:*
Bug: Mimics breakdancing when the fight starts makes them get stuck in floor.
Feedback: Mimics breakdancing is visually distracting from the other fight mechanics.

*These examples are made up and not related to in-game content.

Comments

• skrewfaz3d#1482 skrewfaz3d Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    [color=red]If trying to preview gear, it will load the last tab from character menu you had selected: i.e. enhancement loads enhancement screen instead of gear (therefore no preview is generated)[/color]
  • kyjle6akakyjle6aka Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Feedback: Honestly, I don't understand at all why it was necessary to touch the enchantment stones. I hope the new campaign at least has a huge filling of all sorts of interesting quests that are NOT repeated a million times ==$0

Bug: The appearance of Saint Vorpal is not displayed
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    regenerde said:

arazith07 said:

regenerde said:

/Feedback
    + considering how much time and in some cases money most of us have invested into enchantments and runestones, the exchange rate is a hard kick in the Nether Regions and should be increased.

+ you're drowning us in below Rank 10 enchantments from all possible directions, but you won't let us trade them in with this update? What about players that only have these lower ranking enchantments? Turning them into worthless Refinement Points is not an valid option here, i think Rank 7 to 9 enchantments/runestones should give at least some points within this new update.

This is just another destruction of player time and money investment, and that's going to cost you players in the end...

So you want stuff that is worth pennies to give more than pennies? If they added any exchange value, most people, even f2p newbies will be able to get high ranking new enchants without any effort. You are trying to apply value to something that does not currently have any value.
    Well, only because those lower ranking enchantments/runestones have not worth for you doesn't mean they have no worth for other players, and right now those players will only get worthless RP for those enchantments/runestones after Mod. 22.
    And yes, RP is actually pretty much worthless considering how much you can get by just playing the game even without turning any enchantments/runestones into RP.

Anyway, just checked, the option for exchanging Trade Bars into enchantments/runestones is also gone with Mod. 22... there goes the plan for banking some Trade Bars for a sale after Mod. 22 to get at least some of my characters with new fitting enchantments/runestones back into shape.
    Rank 9s are literally 800 AD...that's not just me saying they have no value.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    arazith07 said:

regenerde said:

arazith07 said:

regenerde said:

/Feedback
    + considering how much time and in some cases money most of us have invested into enchantments and runestones, the exchange rate is a hard kick in the Nether Regions and should be increased.

+ you're drowning us in below Rank 10 enchantments from all possible directions, but you won't let us trade them in with this update? What about players that only have these lower ranking enchantments? Turning them into worthless Refinement Points is not an valid option here, i think Rank 7 to 9 enchantments/runestones should give at least some points within this new update.

This is just another destruction of player time and money investment, and that's going to cost you players in the end...

So you want stuff that is worth pennies to give more than pennies? If they added any exchange value, most people, even f2p newbies will be able to get high ranking new enchants without any effort. You are trying to apply value to something that does not currently have any value.
    Well, only because those lower ranking enchantments/runestones have not worth for you doesn't mean they have no worth for other players, and right now those players will only get worthless RP for those enchantments/runestones after Mod. 22.
    And yes, RP is actually pretty much worthless considering how much you can get by just playing the game even without turning any enchantments/runestones into RP.

Anyway, just checked, the option for exchanging Trade Bars into enchantments/runestones is also gone with Mod. 22... there goes the plan for banking some Trade Bars for a sale after Mod. 22 to get at least some of my characters with new fitting enchantments/runestones back into shape.
    Rank 9s are literally 800 AD...that's not just me saying they have no value.
    Well, the last time i checked they were around 1k AD and above... looks like the "value" of them is already dropping, and they'll be actually worthless in a while.

And what are players with lower ranking enchantments/runestones going to use after their temp. enchantments run out? Hope for some drops in that time, or make those that have their characters decked out with everything they need even richer through buying their overpriced enchantments/runestones leftovers from the AH?

Besides, i'm not saying:
    "Hey, we have lower ranking enchantments/runestones, now give us higher ranking ones for them!",
    i'm saying:
    "Hey, we have lower ranking enchantments/runestones, so at the very least give us something equal in return for them.".
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    regenerde said:

Besides, i'm not saying:
    "Hey, we have lower ranking enchantments/runestones, now give us higher ranking ones for them!",
    i'm saying:
    "Hey, we have lower ranking enchantments/runestones, so at the very least give us something equal in return for them.".

And what would that be, since RP isn't good enough for you? Also, wouldn't any alts be just as fine without as with those rank 9s?
  • starrlight#7491 starrlight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    More Feedback:
    It wouldn't have to be the same currency either - perhaps a separate currency for lower enchantments that can only be redeemed for a lower option? I understand the desire to not be flooded with cheap enchantments that have been hoarded over time, but it is a blow to both item level and stats for characters who have just gotten started. To prevent hoarded enchantments from having an effect, maybe lower enchantments can only be exchanged for temporary versions that are bound? (or even just a small amount of AD)

A solve for the armor/weapon enchantments below 10 not having an appearance conversion option would be to allow rank 7s to be exchanged for 1 medallion, then walk up from there?

And last one, promise! But a way to convert medallions back to AD would be amazing.
  • minionbobminionbob Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    BUG: When attempting to load character in preview server, the client crashes to desktop after latest patch. Previous play on preview server has worked fine. Playing on the live server works fine as well. I am only able to get to the character selection screen on the preview server by selecting "safe mode" in options, if I attempt to load in normally the client crashes to desktop before the character selection screen fully loads. Is there any log file that I can look at to see what is actually causing the crash or to provide more useful information to y'all?
  • tamtoucantamtoucan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Moved this to the https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1263779/official-refinement-changes thread since it related to Enchanment changes..

Hi. Some Feedback and a question.

1. Totally upderstand that R9s are now RP. Don't have a problem with that.
    2. I can see how you got the price of 40k AD for 1 medallion. That will upset people, but I understand both sides

Question
    Correct me if I've made a mistake, but
    1. Mop4's (Marks of Potency Rank 4) have been a "stable" currency in the game as there is no way to farm them and they are used a lot.
    2. You have a sale of Mops in the Bazaar. You *must* know that this is when large numbers of these are purched (of all ranks)
    3. The day after the sale started you put Mod22 on preview which renders Mops almost useless.
    4. I can upgrade a R9 to R10, but if I have Rank12 VIP just the mop4 cost alone is 2x15k with a 20% chance. So *on average* it is going to cost 150k AD to make a R10, but that can be traded in for 1 medallion which is 40k AD.
    5. I coild upgrade a Rank9 weapon/armor enchantment, but that's a 1% chance so if I use a coalescent ward, 800Zen with discount = 800*750AD, plus 15*15k AD Mop4s. That gives me 20 medallions = 800k AD worth.
    6. I can upgrade an Arifact. That's it that's all I can do with loads of Mop4s. That's A LOT of artifacts I can upgrade.
    7. Artifacts don't use Mops rank 5,6,7. So they are even more worthless.

Can you explain what people are meant to do with all the Marks the bought during the sale?

I used all my Sybella legacy currency and bought loads of Mops in the sale to make myself a R14 weapon enchant. Luckily I hadn't actualy made it yet. If I had it would have cost me WAY more than the 4.8million it is worth in Mod22 (120 medallions * 40kAD). So now I'm just stuck with a load of Mops that I don't see a use for. I know of others who weren't so lucky.
    Post edited by tamtoucan on
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    What happened to the VIP ranks on the Preview server? Last time I was on it my character was a Rank 12 and now it's nothing and I see no way to get it back.
  • erevel09erevel09 Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Can you please change artifact placement in character sheet to be in the same place as it is right now? I mean, gear and artifacts all in one tab with only enchantments in the new tab. Not sure about the others (maybe I grow used to it) but I find it really tedious to change artifacts with the way they are placed now. Sheet just for enchantments is a nice thing and really only thing that would change in between fights would be combat enchantment, but there is no need to put artifacts with them, as they should be put under used gear. It can be useful too, as people tend to switch weapons (lionheart for mirage for example) right before boss and navigating through extra tab is not something I find really necessary.

• jehovahjireh#1558 jehovahjireh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    [color=cyan]Feedback: Like others said, biggest problems are: (1) lower rank enchantments/runestones should also be able to be exchanged for SOMETHING, not just worthless RP; (2) r8 and r9 weapon/armor enchantments’ visuals should also be able to be converted to appearance tab; (3) mark of potencies/enchanting stones/etc need to retain value somehow, either by being converted or exchanged for something of purpose under the new system.

(My biggest gripe, which is enough for me to leave the game over, is regarding enchantment visuals. All my weap/armor visuals are r8/r9 except for 2 of them. I change them frequently and alternate them between characters. Under the new mod, I will only have 2 visuals and only on ONE character, from now until forever. This is unacceptable—armor/weapon visuals are a HUGE part of the game for people who play for aesthetics.)

I’ve never commented before, but I feel so strongly I figured out how to give feedback on here! I HATE these changes, and most of us do. You can’t make a bunch of stuff that we’ve collected and saved up OBSELETE or worth almost NOTHING. You can’t take away a bunch of stuff we’ve worked hard for years to get, and not even attempt to replace it with anything similar or valuable. Everyone sees these changes as nothing but a cash grab, that simultaneously screws over early, mid, and end game players.[/color]

Now the exchange rate is:

Enchant/Runestone Rank / Exchange Currency
    15 20
    14 12
    13 8
    12 4
    11 2
    10 1

Weapon + Armor Enchants
    14 120
    13 80
    12 50
    11 30
    10 20

I wouldn't mind if the weapon/armor enchantments went all the way down to R7 since to refine one from shards you would need to use a coal ward, (or a lot of preservation wards)
    And a lot of people have only got their weapon/armor enchants to 7-9 since it's so expensive. The coal wards that could have been used to upgrade in Mod22 are now invested in useless R7-9 weapon or armor enchantments.
    My suggestion would be:

Weapon + Armor Enchants
    14 120
    13 80
    12 50
    11 30
    10 20
    9 . 12
    8 . 8
    7 . 4

I don't agree with the values at all. Last I checked Rank 9 where 800 AD, let's be generous and say they are 1000/R9. You can get a NEW rank 1 enchantment for 30 exchange tickets, or 100k AD. Using your value, someone could buy 100 R9s for 100k AD, turn them in for 1200 tickets, or 40 New rank 1s instead of using that 100k to buy one from the sage vendor. Even using just 1 ticket per rank 9 would yield you with 4 New rank 1s.

PS: I just noticed this is for weapon/armor enchants...my bad, the above argument was for normal enchantments only.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited December 2021

What happened to the VIP ranks on the Preview server? Last time I was on it my character was a Rank 12 and now it's nothing and I see no way to get it back.

Hi there , I think I can answer that one.
    I am brand new to the preview ,so getting my vip binds to work was one of the 1st things I looked for.
    If you go to the vip tab of your inventory you can buy for free 1 month vip from the button down the bottom, you can quickly get yourself to r12.

Feedback: There seems to be no utility enchant for forte available in the choice box. It's a bit confusing which enchants are for the bonus slot and which are for the utility slot ,I would suggest they could have something in the tooltip desigating the bonus enchants and utility enchants

edit: clearly the bonus enchants are named bonus enchants- and I suspect utility enchants will be named the same way but just haven't been impemented yet.. getting a bit ahead of myself there most likely.

Post edited by earlgreybeard on
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • carterhimuracarterhimura Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    "Cursed burn" enchantment blocks demo set bonus. "Fortified nature" doesn't add %. "Flash freeze" doesn't debuff target
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Quest: Grim revelation..
    problem sorted I should have read the story better.. and the points were on the map .

Post edited by earlgreybeard on
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    arazith07 said:

Now the exchange rate is:

Enchant/Runestone Rank / Exchange Currency
    15 20
    14 12
    13 8
    12 4
    11 2
    10 1

Weapon + Armor Enchants
    14 120
    13 80
    12 50
    11 30
    10 20

I wouldn't mind if the weapon/armor enchantments went all the way down to R7 since to refine one from shards you would need to use a coal ward, (or a lot of preservation wards)
    And a lot of people have only got their weapon/armor enchants to 7-9 since it's so expensive. The coal wards that could have been used to upgrade in Mod22 are now invested in useless R7-9 weapon or armor enchantments.
    My suggestion would be:

Weapon + Armor Enchants
    14 120
    13 80
    12 50
    11 30
    10 20
    9 . 12
    8 . 8
    7 . 4

I don't agree with the values at all. Last I checked Rank 9 where 800 AD, let's be generous and say they are 1000/R9. You can get a NEW rank 1 enchantment for 30 exchange tickets, or 100k AD. Using your value, someone could buy 100 R9s for 100k AD, turn them in for 1200 tickets, or 40 New rank 1s instead of using that 100k to buy one from the sage vendor. Even using just 1 ticket per rank 9 would yield you with 4 New rank 1s.

PS: I just noticed this is for weapon/armor enchants...my bad, the above argument was for normal enchantments only.
    Well, i'd guess the majority of Rank 9 enchantments come from lockboxes, and the last time i checked (aside from the Astral Lockbox) it costs real money to open them, so why exactly should this investment from players not be honored by letting us exchange them for at the very least bound to account new enchantments?

A player trades in R9 and gets Silver Medallions of Enchantment, a player trades in R10+ and gets Gold Medallions of Enchantment. Gold ones give free tradable new enchantments, silver ones give bound to account new enchantments.

Or where exactly is the problem of adding those new enchantments to all lockboxes and the Tarmalune Trade Bar store?
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • palosi#1093 palosi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    In the entry Collection / Epic Gear/Scalebreaker's gear Valindra's name is mispelled to Validra