test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ascendant Triumph Achievement

behennabehenna Member Posts: 5 Arc User
I have recently completed the Cloaked Ascendancy but I have not received the Ascendant Triumph achievement.
Thanks

Comments

• ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    Was about to post this myself, having double checked my achievements and lore this seems to be the case for myself, so bump.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    Did you do the final fight with Gyrion?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    99.9% certain I did, any easy way to verify?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    Speak to Neverember. Speak to Celeste. Go to the Final Ritual site. Kill Gyrion.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,206 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    ukspawn said:

99.9% certain I did, any easy way to verify?

I believe it is a battle in the beach. If you "completed" it recently, you should remember you did that.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Yup, 100% have done it and re-done it as a check.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Did you complete the quest, "Ending the Cloaked Ascendancy?" (requires completion of Master Spellplague) It is from Lord Neverember or maybe Kavatos in PE.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited December 2021
    pitshade said:

Did you complete the quest, "Ending the Cloaked Ascendancy?" (requires completion of Master Spellplague) It is from Lord Neverember or maybe Kavatos in PE.

Again, 99.9% certain I did, it's going back some, is there any clear way to check this, the npcs don't give any quests, otehr than replaying and there are no related quests in my journal. Going to replay the last chapter again to see if anything kicks in having completed the Far Realm Denier achievement.

Will also attempt to re-do msp in similar fashion to above.

Edit: Re-doing chapter 5 "Ascendancy's End" (for the millionth time) didn't trigger it.

and re-doing (M)SP didn't trigger it either :(
    Post edited by ukspawn on
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Far Realm Denier and Ascendant Triumph are two different achievements.

Far Realm Denier requires that you have gotten the achievements in all of the story quests. either of 2 options with Nostura's treasure chest, talking yourself up with the door guard, one of the options dealing with the door guard, Fey Marked and Highly Skilled from Nostura's realm, Better by Leaps and Bounds from Gyrions, Part of the Party and Too Hot to Handle from Kabal and then finally Nostalgic from Gyrion on the Beach.

Ascendant Triumph comes from completing the quest from PE to do MSP. I don't know if it requires Far Realm Denier as a prerequisite as I did the titles as I went before doing the dungeon.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    Understand they're different. The link, as per last post, was simply assumption based on the fact, I have seemingly done everything required of the achievement and it's still not triggering. I mean the achievement itself, literally states "Complete the Cloaked Ascendancy Campaign" which is done, including MSP. I know the majority of older campaigns would tend to end with a final quest to complete the relevant dungeon and I know I did all of these, with the quest intact

So, unless there's any further light shed on this, it's bugged.
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    If you have not completed the "Ending the Cloaked Ascendancy" quest it can be found in your quest journal listed under "The Chasm" I am at 92% myself and still have these other quests to do: behind the mask, the shard of night and the reap the rewards quest to do.

Even though I have not completed the cloaked ascendancy, I have completed the beach quest so I have the Ending the Cloaked Ascendancy quest listed as something I need to complete.

I still have these achievements to earn with my bard: Ascendant Triumph, Drinking Buddy and Shroud of Souls
    Nothing under Chasm, quest wise I've literally done everything. Would be handy to know, officially, if replaying the chapters should allow someone to obtain the achievement.
  • dracomanciendracomancien Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    I'm in the same boat, having completed all the campaign tasks, quests several times, achievements (and also MSP of course), with no "Ascendant Triumph" at the end.
    I've completed the campaign after it was added in the "historical" campaigns. I remembered getting the last boon before doing the last quest, perhaps it was not the intended order for the trigger.
    Or perhaps something was broken for this achievement because of a following module update.