test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ravenloft Sisters 10 Stacks Bug

fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
After this week's patch to Castle Ravenloft, upon reaching 10 stacks there's no warning of when the Sister will hit you with the big attack. She used to raise up her arms, but now doesn't.

Comments

• lassor#2420 lassor Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 76 Cryptic Developer
    I *think* you might be misinterpreting the attack that exploits the 10 debuff stacks. The Sister will levitate in the air and do a lunge/biting motion. I'm seeing this function properly on my end.

If that's not the case, if you or anyone else has any additional info or a video, I can try to figure out what's happening. Under normal conditions, it seems to be working as intended.
  • shirghe#4424 shirghe Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    @lassor I haven't had a chance to do CR after the changes, but before the changes this was very common on the 3rd sister (she has different animation, IIRC). But absent or disappearing telegraphs are very common in many dungeons. Is that not a known issue?
  • lassor#2420 lassor Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 76 Cryptic Developer
    The animation on the third sister is identical to the other two.

The issue you're likely describing is specifically in regards to FX and how they get culled in our system when too many are displayed simultaneously. Sometimes an important visual is not properly prioritized and gets culled, but that would not be the case for an animation. If the animation doesn't play, that's an entirely different problem, but I'm not seeing any issues here.

If anyone experiences this problem and happens to get a video, that would help me figure out what's going on, but at this point I'm thinking it might just be a case of misunderstanding or the Sister is using the power in a chaotic portion of the fight.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    This is actually a similar issue that happens during many boss fights. You can see it with trobriand (when he is about to raise his hand and charge an attack, he will sometimes stop mid-animation back to his passive stance, but with a light where his hand should be) Tomm (Halaster's tank buster, instead of raising it, he will just be engulfed by his own annihilation blast, before releasing it) and the sisters; it may be due to too much dps at certain points during the animation.
  • shirghe#4424 shirghe Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I have seen every case that sagakaiyume has mentioned, but got only 1 Halaster's orb on video. It also happens with Arcolith (rarely) and with Demogorgon's AoE gaze (the red zone disappears or doesn't show in the first place). It happens more often than not with Poisonous Spines (Morzach in TIC), the animation cuts shortly after he starts flying up.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's an issue with server lags.