test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official: Masterwork Professions Changes

124»

Comments

• polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    @cryptic39#8917 Several things
    1. What's up with the bait and switch on pricing? These new prices are ridiculous and exorbitant and also not what the patch notes promised.
    2. What's up with this exchange at the Traveling Vendor? How is this AT ALL a fair exchange of the materials we spent AD, Gold and Guild Marks on? Why isn't this just done exactly like the old system where we trade in old materials and exchange for new ones? Is it y'all haven't had enough time to do all that which means you rushed this through? Considering as late as Thursday these exchanges were not available for testing or otherwise we would have said something.
    3. With the exchange is it a bug or a feature that we can only exchange +1's in the Antiquity tab? Because that makes no sense what so ever.
    4. This whole process got hamstered and rush and obviously a lot of things weren't thought through completely and you certainly didn't give us enough time to test it, give feedback or was it our feedback wasn't wanted or cared for and Crpytic was going to do what it wanted? I like the idea y'all have going here but the execution sucks horribly and there's too many moving pieces that has been missed completely and utterly. I've advised all mastercrafters in my alliance to hold off exchanging anything until we at the very least get a response from Cryptic (well hopefully it took y'all 3 month to tell us about this rushed change to Mastercraft) I love this game but this is getting ridiculous.
  • yamioni#9870 yamioni Member Posts: 55 Arc User

These changes are just awful for anyone who was in the middle of the quest chains, like myself.

As others have said, anyone who already completed all of them may feel slighted by the fact that it's now simple(r) for anyone starting fresh to reach the same point by just throwing AD at it. But if you were in the middle, you got the rug yanked out from under you with zero compensation.

I was working my through the second set of quests; the ones which award the cosmetic outfits. I had not had enough time invested yet to quite complete any of them, but had invested over 1500 gold and 30,000 guild marks on maps for materials. All of that work and those resources are now gone and completely wasted, as I don't have any of the "capstone" items to trade to the vendor for the rewards, nor any way of reaching them now that the lower tier recipes have been removed.

I know, I know, my losses could be much worse. It's just a huge kick in the nuts from a dev-team that clearly didn't think through their decision as well as they should have.

Shame on you Cryptic.
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Well.
    There's a surprise...
    You went live with bugs...
    Because... why learn from past mistakes!
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • tommy069#5108 tommy069 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    On an interview with Silver, Jared explained that because of the way it was originally coded, changing things on the Guild framework is really, really, really, really hard.

Maybe some of the bugs are associated with that?
    No? It's easy to dump multi million AD sinks on to the Guilds, but don't hold your breath for any sort of Guild Based QOL improvements...it's THOSE things that are really (etc) hard?

Oh... I see.
    OK, as you were...
  • jbear79jbear79 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    darthbbq said:

What are we suppose to do with all the crafted (or bought with Guild Marks) components like Titansteel Ingots for example?

For those of us that were in the process of trying to get to Masterwork 5, we are stuck with countless items required for parts of the old quests that appear to have no value anymore and cannot be exchanged for anything.

Also, a crafted item like Charcoal was a requirement to buy another component from the Stronghold temporary vendors. What do we do with all the stacks of that?

This 10 for 1 and 5 for 1 exchange at the Traveling Merchant is ridiculous. There was already an established Old Professions Items Exchange process available to use in the Workshop, and I wouldn't be stuck with tons of stuff that I don't have 10 or 5 of... Or why not just set up a NPC to refund the Guild Marks for all the old maps and resources bought with Guild Marks.

After playing this game for 8 years, this Professions "rework" is now probably at the #2 position for worst system change. (Mod 16 Combat Changes being #1 and Mod 6 now at #3)

I agree. I have had a look at the exchange offered and it falls short. These items you are removing from the game were not Black Opals. The were valuable and required a lot of time and resources to acquire. If you make a sweeping change like this, the compensation system should be fair and leave all those now removed items cleaned out - not with '4 or 7 left' (to what... discard? Put in our already full guild coffers?). Why are you restricting certain things to certain items for exchange? Why can't we exchange what we have for what we need? Why do you think that people will conitnue to craft items in chult once sharandar MW is released? As mentioned, within our workshop there was an exchange system for the items that became useless with the first workshop rework. Why can't we have a similar system whereby we can get rid of ALL of the now useless MW mats and purchase the items we want/need?

The design goal seems to be 'How do we remove economic power from MW Crafters' and get easy access to all players into MW crafting with an AD sink, rather than: How do we make crafting and MW crafting better, balanced and sustainable moving forward. MW will have a moment where its valuable, and then fall into the same cycle of 'nearly useless' when future mods churn out higher iLevel gear. I participated in the Community Feedback on this, I read the threads ... I'm not seeing the fruit of that discussion in your design.
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    So the same ok’d bug appears. I had master work 5 on multiple artisans, but they have two recipes. Which means to get to that point again I will have to buy the books, even though I worked my …. Off to get them to 5 already. And can’t do the quests now because I need to be 5 to craft the gear to get to 5 again (all the bright silver GONE)

Well wait for patch of a patch to fix a long standing bug.
  • titofireknifetitofireknife Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    is this known that some accounts cant get the chult masterwork books. just have the Stronghold tab but no Chult.
    @cryptic39#8917 two days since this bug riddled and currently with the prices lie filled patch notes with this there's been no comment or at least acknowledgement that things are wrong and y'all are working on them. Can we get any comment from any? I know @nitocris83 is out sick but someone should respond
    Okay new #bugs 1. it won't let me buy the Rank 2 Armorsmithing Recipes. It shows now that I have bought the rank 1 (after trying 4 times and losing AD luckily at the 100k price) but won't let me buy Rank 2. Also Bronzepin still doesn't show up for me as well as the quests for getting the Sharandar Recipes from either Master of Coin or the Artisan on preview. Weirdly on Live and I will post on that forum too the head of the marketplace in Chult gave me the "A Reel Disappointment" quest which is for Rank 2 Armorsmithing I believe. What's even more weird is that the piece it needs a Brightsilver Reel is not even craftable anymore because Brightsilver is gone from the game with the rest of Mastercraft 3. So not sure what is going on there,
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Per @percemer

We're aware of this; the quest "A Reel Catastrophe (Armorsmithing)" should not be available, and the dev team will fix it as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!
  • grey#8986 grey Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Feedback;

Ratio and Amount of Dungeon Drop Materials in Sharandar Recipes

Whilst dungeon drop materials are good for the NW economy and can give an extra reason to farm content the amount of these materials needed and the ratio compared to map resources are 'off' in many recipes.

For example Woven Whiskers - has a ratio of dungeon drops 100% and 0% map resources - and you need 15
    Another example re numbers would be Crystalline ornaments where 12 shards of dawn light are needed.

In previous MW eg Storm King's Thunder materials - the dungeon drop resources were needed in less amounts and as part of larger recipes (using map materials as well)

Whilst mat prices will drop over time - the immediate and short term effect will mean MW weapons wont sell / wont be available unless at very high prices. More likely MW'ers wont make them for sale.

TLDR - please review the amount and ratio of dungeon drop materials in recipes - so that it benefits sellers of these materials but also is realistic in terms of production of MW weapons.
  • rockcrash285#3367 rockcrash285 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi, I was starting Master Works about a month ago after getting my work shop up to lvl 20. I’m disappointed with the changes that just happened. I was almost to MW-3 on some of the professions and got wiped out with the changes. Now it’s a 1mil AD per profession to get it back to close to where I was. Not happy with this cost and was grinding it out. If you could lower the cost to where it was on the preview server I’d be interested in spending that ad. Currently you have lost me wanting to do MW. I was really enjoying it but the changes destroyed it for me.

Crash
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited October 2021

Hi, I was starting Master Works about a month ago after getting my work shop up to lvl 20. I’m disappointed with the changes that just happened. I was almost to MW-3 on some of the professions and got wiped out with the changes. Now it’s a 1mil AD per profession to get it back to close to where I was. Not happy with this cost and was grinding it out. If you could lower the cost to where it was on the preview server I’d be interested in spending that ad. Currently you have lost me wanting to do MW. I was really enjoying it but the changes destroyed it for me.

Crash

If you have not passed MW3, you will not spend 1 mil AD to where you were because where you were does not exist anymore.
    Chultan I is MW4. Your 1 million AD investment allows you to reach old MW5 without doing "old" crafting/gathering/buying effort.

From first post of the thread:

2. Masterwork IV and V Recipe Books have now been renamed to “Chultan Masterwork”.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • yamioni#9870 yamioni Member Posts: 55 Arc User

If you have not passed MW3, you will not spend 1 mil AD to where you were because where you were does not exist anymore.
    Chultan I is MW4. Your 1 million AD investment allows you to reach old MW5 without doing "old" crafting/gathering/buying effort.

From first post of the thread:

2. Masterwork IV and V Recipe Books have now been renamed to “Chultan Masterwork”.

I made the same mistake myself, but the underlying argument is still valid. Time was spent making progress in the old system, and unless you progressed to 4/5, all of that effort was completely wasted.

Lack of compensation for partial progress towards their arbitrarily chosen threshold is an oversight at best, and an insult at worst.
  • dalmposterdalmposter Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Please provide a trade-in system for ALL old masterwork materials. I have aqua fortis in my bag that I spent time, gold, and resources creating but I cannot exchange them. Same for Dark Lacquer, Adamant Ingots, etc. It is depressing to think that if I'd not spent the gold and time converting the base materials into these items, I would at least be able to exchange some of them for new sharandar materials. Please give us a credit based system like the trade in from legacy professions that accepts all decomissioned items from old masterwork. There is so much in my bag I cannot exchange, it would feel so awful to simply have to discard it to make room for the new stuff
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    The changes in book prices are nice, but I think the Masterwork weapons and collars/belts effects needs to be changed.

Remove the effect of buffing allies if they're not using the Masterwork weapons, leaving it similar to Part of the Pack companion power from Tamed/Feral Velociraptor companions. Lionheart weapons is in the meta for DPS class for a very long time. It's time to change this.

Change the Alacrity effect from Masterwork Collar/belt to something more interesting, according to the role played.

Give us a possibility to exalt these Masterwork artifacts, leaving it to mythic quality in the proccess.

2fv72Fw.png
  • booyin1#6837 booyin1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I could not less agree at with removing the effect on buffing allies when they're not on MW weapons. The reason of using it should not be only for support to use to buff the group, might as well it should be an option for the dps to use it in par with the other weapons out there. MW has been expensive and takes a lot of time and effort to do, but only at this game makes it appear to be unworthy to use. Not to mention the belt and necklace and the rings are trashes.
  • maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    > @exgardian said:
    > The changes in book prices are nice, but I think the Masterwork weapons and collars/belts effects needs to be changed.
    >
    >
    > Remove the effect of buffing allies if they're not using the Masterwork weapons, leaving it similar to Part of the Pack companion power from Tamed/Feral Velociraptor companions. Lionheart weapons is in the meta for DPS class for a very long time. It's time to change this.
    >

No. Just no. It's a terrible idea and will do exactly the opposite of what you think it will do.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Masterwork items should be increased in item level, they are already being outdated by the mod in which they would be coming out in if it were to go live in M22.
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

Masterwork items should be increased in item level, they are already being outdated by the mod in which they would be coming out in if it were to go live in M22.

Would be good if they actually got put on live. By time they release, they will be outdated even more.
    Any update on when masterwork from sharandar will launch on live? With newer gear being introduced in Mod 22, are the proposed masterwork recipes and gear going to be upgraded to make them at least on par with the newest gear out?
  • fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    stark760 said:

Any update on when masterwork from sharandar will launch on live? With newer gear being introduced in Mod 22, are the proposed masterwork recipes and gear going to be upgraded to make them at least on par with the newest gear out?

Also interested. Feels strange that this is announced months in advance, then materials are made available ingame but nothing happens.

stark760 said:

Also interested. Feels strange that this is announced months in advance, then materials are made available ingame but nothing happens.
    Over 6 months now.
    @noworries#8859 have we completely forgotten about this?
    @noworries#8859, is there any way to get an update as to what is going on with masterwork? It was announced at the beginning of June, and recipes shown during the summer. Now that Mod 22 is already announced, and new gear, it seems like masterwork has been totally forgotten.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    stark760 said:

@noworries#8859, is there any way to get an update as to what is going on with masterwork? It was announced at the beginning of June, and recipes shown during the summer. Now that Mod 22 is already announced, and new gear, it seems like masterwork has been totally forgotten.

On the most recent stream, it was said that it was delayed so they could make sure it was done right. The community did come down pretty critically about the equipment when they had the most recent profession changes on preview.
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 383 Arc User
    I hope we will get a more complete exchange for old recipes, materials and products too.
    And please can I buy the master work fashion items once, like it says I should be able to?
    mintmark said:

I hope we will get a more complete exchange for old recipes, materials and products too.
    And please can I buy the master work fashion items once, like it says I should be able to?

Any update would be nice at this point.