test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Knox Box

2»

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    You can buy 1 daily for AD, to a limit of 5 during the week.

I think I've opened all of 3. The promissory note option was limited to 1, total. After you buy one, they disappear completely.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    I think the saddest part about the entire subject is that Cryptic made an effort to provide something as a reward for the Promissory Note that players complained about taking up space with no value for years. We should have all been cheering because the Notes were out of our inventory and we received some decent rewards for our patience. All those good intentions seem to have been lost by the errors associated with the procurement of the Knox Box.

It also begs the question, will the Knox Box remain as a static reward for the Promissory Note (as in replace the note with the box at the NPC interface) for all those who have not started/finished The Cloaked Ascendancy campaign?
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    greywynd said:

You can buy 1 daily for AD, to a limit of 5 during the week.

I think I've opened all of 3. The promissory note option was limited to 1, total. After you buy one, they disappear completely.

Well, that did not work last week for me, and i checked the Wondrous Bazaar (and in some cases the Rewards Claim Agent, in case those missing free boxes would turn up again) every day, have to wait and see if i can claim another box tomorrow then...

I bought a few Knox Boxes from the ZEN shop with the ZEN i got out of the ZAX a while ago, and stored them in the Guild Bank before buying the daily one with AD, better safe then sorry.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    I was only allowed to buy 1 Knox Box with ad. After that, clicking on the Knox Box was disabled and the buy button sold me the Eclipse Lion - Account instead.
  • altmerpoweraltmerpower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User

I think the saddest part about the entire subject is that Cryptic made an effort to provide something as a reward for the Promissory Note that players complained about taking up space with no value for years. We should have all been cheering because the Notes were out of our inventory and we received some decent rewards for our patience. All those good intentions seem to have been lost by the errors associated with the procurement of the Knox Box.

It also begs the question, will the Knox Box remain as a static reward for the Promissory Note (as in replace the note with the box at the NPC interface) for all those who have not started/finished The Cloaked Ascendancy campaign?

I saved so many Promissory Notes from being distroyed. Players sold many of then on AH for almost nothing. Thinking that the text saying that Lord Neverember promieses something in return for them must be worth something in the end. I saved them in my inventory for for so many years!! At first when I saw them in Wondrous Bazaar I got exited but that feeling did not last for long. I could not get the free ones and read about players claming thousends Knox Boxes and totaly wrecking the market with instant devalue of everything in the reward from them. Thank you Crypric for yet another job well done! You really made all those years waiting feel so rewarding in the end.I wish I could write something positive about this game but you really make it impossible for me to do so. They make you feel like hamster even when you finally are getting rewarded. How is that even possible?
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Is there any update to getting the box back in working condition or is this a dead in the water thing ?
    edited November 2021
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11503523
    patch notes of today, have to wait and see if it actually works after the maintenance...
    And it looks like players that abused the Knox Box are or will be banned?
    Want to know why?
  • aureneeshie#5663 aureneeshie Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Just checked after patch Nov 30 - got my 5 free and one for a promissory note but unable to purchase with AD. Did check the auction house and looks like someone spent 68k zen to buy 1300 boxes. Is it just me or is that just a total waste of zen/cash not to mention redefining the whole concept of role playing rpgs. Whatever...
    Well, may be some of those Knox Boxes in the AH were actually claimed for free in some way... i mean that wouldn't really surprise me, and it would also explain why they are banning people for abusing this exploit now.
    Want to know why?
    edited December 2021
    Well, i checked again today, and i still can't get the other Knox Boxes for AD, it's still 1 per week for me here... funny thing, i tested the Knox Box on another account, and there i could claim the free ones and the 5 for AD without any problems.
    /cryptically confused
    Want to know why?
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    I bought two... After patch i can't buy anymore :(