test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fighter- Tank

modlesiemodlesie Member Posts: 248 Arc User
edited November 2021 in The Guard Barracks
I wonder why nobody told about how Fighter feats are useless in a tank build.

Let's see:

First feats Shieldthrower and Staying power are good, no complaning about it

Next we have second choice pack:

useless feat, nobody use this att will, it is slow and you need to be in very close range, threateing rush is much better.
PS. 25 magnitude extra damage = WOW, you got me there.

Or you can use Cleaving bull:

Maybe usable in AoE sitiations, but i think there are better AoE encounters increasing agro or prones enemies. + 40 magnitude damage- Next WOW, it's amazing, for sure i will make 5k more damage.

Next one is my favourite:

Critical Deflection:

So basicly you want to make CRITICAL HIT rating to be the same or higher than DEFLECTION rating on T A N K ??? Guys are you drunk? With your combat rework tanks are squishy, and you want to pump up critical hit rating?

Or:
Combat Balance

It loks nice on paper, but try to cap deflect awernes and crit avo as a tank, and it works only when you are not blocking, definetly nice try, but need to make some changes to this.

Next one is: Sharpened Senses

Sorry but nobody is using this daily, since it just suck, Next useless feat.

Or: Perfect Block

It can save you from time to time, 10 second of use and 3 minutes coldown is a big amout of time, useable.

Next we have : Shake it off

I was testing it, you have to make it perfect timing after usung block mechanic and it deals around 50k damage, useless skill which make literaly nothing, and you have to be in a very close range, not working against any ranged powers.

And last one Deep Breathing

Some demon slayers feat huh? but it is...just not working:

Last one is looking good on paper, but you need to charge it for 10 seconds and then you loose it, you can barely touch the boss, and this feat is already not working, and do you think you can charge it during fight? just ry it and DPS classes dealing 3/4/5 mln of damage will take agro out of you in 1 second, not useable.

Dear Devs, not counting first feat which is resonable because for example can generate additional threat, we have whole tree of useless skills which are not even working during fight, i can say 3/5 of my feats are constantly not working during fight. Where is some feat which can allow to survive more, where are feats increasing your threat as a tank? DPS are constantly taking agro out of me because hits are so high and my main encounter taking agro out of them has 17 second cooldown. Guys, GF's feats as a tank need to be changed for some resonable and useable skills, because if you do not choose any feat from your tree, you will not see any different. This is just wrong.

@nitocris83

Comments

• wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    1. You are indicating that Fighter Vanguard needs more threat generation in the same post you are asking if the devs are drunk for wanting you to pump up critical hit rating. If anything, this shows that you lack understanding of the threat generation mechanics in Neverwinter.
    2. The feat Combat Balance is one of the strongest tank feats in the game. You don’t need to cap anything for it to work, and it provides a very nice amount of DR even when ratings are far apart. Try different stat distributions and check your combat log to clearly see the effects.
    3. You are asking for more survivability and threat generation while criticizing the feats Sharpened Senses and Shake it Off. You even state that no one is using the daily Bladed Rampart. Bladed Rampart and the Retaliate effect from Dig In (Shake it Off feat) are by far the strongest powers in the Fighter arsenal.

Your post shows a total lack of understanding of the Fighter Vanguard paragon.
    Post edited by wilbur626 on
    Elite Whaleboy
  • ivanrichmaivanrichma Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    > @modlesie said:
    > I wonder why nobody told about how Fighter feats are useless in a tank build.
    >
    > Let's see:
    > Combat Balance
    >
    >
    >
    > It loks nice on paper, but try to cap deflect awernes and crit avo as a tank, and it works only when you are not blocking, definetly nice try, but need to make some changes to this.
    >
    >

> Or: Perfect Block
    >
    >
    >
    > It can save you from time to time, 10 second of use and 3 minutes coldown is a big amout of time, useable.
    >
    > Next we have : Shake it off
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I was testing it, you have to make it perfect timing after usung block mechanic and it deals around 50k damage, useless skill which make literaly nothing, and you have to be in a very close range, not working against any ranged powers.

>
    > @nitocris83

Okay so 1st combat balance is doable very easy

2nd perfect block is mainly used as a last resort in critical situations for example saving a banner run or your life in MZC p4 Angels phase in case 1 gets killed to soon so you dont get 1shot or killed within 10 secs cooldown long? Yeah but it still TOTALY worth it...pally dont have that they dont get a chance Like we and barbs do

3rd buffing up your retaliate is nice unfortunatly not working as intended it was reported already as some other things aswell but we still waitting for fix but if it worked as intented definetly the choice to go as retaliate means a lot and its not hard to time you get a red aura on your shield as visual indicator

All in all we GFs have little to cry about since M16 as we became finaly viable after a long time of Paladins being favored as Tanks. There are things that need to be fixed but we are beasts and I am really happy with GF as it is now

Also Here are 3 different builds and how to reach combat balance and 90% on def, crit avoid, deflect and awarness together

https://youtu.be/sO1TixkoHVE
    https://youtu.be/xzGwmAegut8
    https://youtu.be/PKWMLZPLIFo

Also theres more ways depending on what items you have