test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Knox Box

regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
edited November 2021 in Player Feedback (PC)
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11502983-the-knox-box
- the free Knox Boxes count towards the weekly limit for the ones in the Wondrous Bazaar
- currently logging through my characters, and i could only exchange 1 Promissory Notes this far and not 3 as "promised"

Well, looks like it's completely broken now. The free Knox Boxes were removed just now, and you can only buy 1 for AD.
I do believe in killing the messenger...
Want to know why?
Because it sends a message!
Post edited by regenerde on

Comments

• jizzu#6891 jizzu Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    well what a surprise.
    didn't get the double claim last Tuesday or week before, some people got the free knox box today didn't get these either.
    Congrats on another job well done.....
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Well, going by this

i guess some players found a way to claim a ton of Knox Boxes for free before they were deactivated...

Deja vu, didn't something similar happened to the Amazon Prime reward not that long ago? And is that also the reason for not offering any other Amazon Prime reward after that?

Anyway, would be nice to increase the weekly limit from 5 to 25, considering the box will only be around for a week.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    Nah. And again i'am late when it comes to exploit.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Since they're checking the logs, are you really complaining about being late to the party?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited November 2021
    Well, i'd say they should just roll those players accounts back a day or even a full week depending on how many times they claimed those boxes...
    Want to know why?
    my issue isn't about missing "things" as such... it is more about being told game changes are necessary to balance the game, make things more equitable, yada yada instead it seems things like this keep happening which merely seek to make things more inequitable. i am starting to wonder if Boris Johnstone is secretly running cryptic, the levelling up agendas seem to be very similar! (people from UK will understand)
    don't particularly take any joy in the thought of people getting banned but do think rolling back accounts on those that profited from this is reasonable.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    They can rollback account if that exploit "reached" only and just only that account. There're many ways how to keep most of that what they got from "exploit" even if they rollback theirs accounts. Only way is rollback of the server. But as we know, that's not gonna happen. That's why i wrote -i'am always late to exploit - because, lately there're no consequences for that/exploits.
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Too late to do anything IMO . Most items have been sold etc . Now all the innocent people whom bought these items from AH would either lose the item or AD or possibly both .
    This has happened before with rank 15 enchantments , yet here we are again
    Well, they have the logs, so removing the AD is not a problem and that's the very least that should be done, i'm also wondering how hard it would be to exclude those accounts from any other promotions for ever...

Now that would be a fitting punishment, exploit gifts and you'll never get another one.
    Want to know why?
    Players try that every Winterfest. Never seems to work.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    it is crazy that they have not realised by now, players don't want things rushed they want it right... and would rather wait few more weeks than this each time!
    greywynd said:

Players try that every Winterfest. Never seems to work.

Well, the Devs/Support could just permanently mark exploiter accounts with a "has received max. amount of [promotional gift]" tag. I mean there're already a lot of account wide counter/limitations in game, so it shouldn't take too much time to develop a for this situation fitting one and let it loose...
    Want to know why?

it is crazy that they have not realised by now, players don't want things rushed they want it right... and would rather wait few more weeks than this each time!

Deadlines have to be met to keep management happy. Players don't matter.
  • irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Yes it is bad news. If the overnight rich player could buy everything and keeping it, the rich became richer and things will become more expensive over time. Their actions should be studied and given consequences.

But if they sell everything cheap, then no problem... :p <-- here it is! selfish comment made by a selfish player
  • forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    I think they should've rolled the server back when they discovered the exploit and players would only have lost a couple hours of progress. By now it's way to late for that unless they really want to p iss a ton of people off.

I think it would be the best course of action to permanently ban everyone who obviously abused the exploit. But it probably takes time to check the logs and make sure that they don't accidentally ban innocent players.
    And it's a holiday weekend. So, maybe Monday.
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I thought it was announced that free/AD Knox Boxes were account bound, as was the rewards from them. So, are you saying the rewards from these exploited boxes is not bound?
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    > @karvare said:
    > I thought it was announced that free/AD Knox Boxes were account bound, as was the rewards from them. So, are you saying the rewards from these exploited boxes is not bound?

I would say they were unbound , we had a guy giving away a ton of stuff . He said he scooped over a 1,000 boxes before was taken away . At the very least , he was sharing the exploits .
    AFAIK they were supposed to be bound . That being said , I wasn’t even able to claim one and sit patiently for the box to be reinstated .
    Best thing to do is let the non abusers receive 20 boxes lol
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited November 2021

People that were able to claim and open a large number of free Knox Boxes can't really claim they did not understand something was bugged. In cases like this it is very obvious something is off.

This is a serious case of intended exploiting.

Just permaban them.

This is a serious case of "I will check real quick if they HAMSTER it up again" upon release.

Why is anybody still surprised :D
    Guys, don't take it so seriously anymore before it gives any of ya grey hairs.
    - bye bye -
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    regenerde said:

Well, going by this

i guess some players found a way to claim a ton of Knox Boxes for free before they were deactivated...

Deja vu, didn't something similar happened to the Amazon Prime reward not that long ago? .
    And to a bunch of other stuff, ye
    - bye bye -
  • aureneeshie#5663 aureneeshie Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Hey Jules - my hair is already grey. No surprise to me at all - btw - Charlie says hi :)
    edited November 2021
    Well, will be interesting to see if they can fix the issue with the Knox Box before it's going to be removed again next week.
    And oh, look over there, new lockbox incoming with new shiny loot to go after... :#
    Want to know why?
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I wonder if there will ever be a release of anything in this game from now-on without an eff-up attached to it.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Great, so they bugged the free Knox Boxes, did not bind the ones that were exploited, and charged more than was advertised, and the cost was discounted meaning the actual price was 750 not 500 Zen. Any other mistakes other than these three?
  • mrimsogoodmrimsogood Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    karvare said:

Great, so they bugged the free Knox Boxes, did not bind the ones that were exploited, and charged more than was advertised, and the cost was discounted meaning the actual price was 750 not 500 Zen. Any other mistakes other than these three?

They do this type of stuff intentionally because they know no matter how much they screw up, there will still be players putting money into their pockets.
    edited November 2021
    Well, you can buy another Knox Box for AD, but only 1 and not the weekly 5 as advertised... just get it before the box is removed again in a few days.
    Want to know why?