test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quartermaster Enchants

reapermanaus#2689 reapermanaus Member Posts: 200 Arc User
edited November 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi I have opened over 200 Spoils of War bags and not one Pres ward, has this enchant been nerfed because I just bought a bunch from trade bar store and I only got them for the pres wards. If they have been ninja nerfed I think you should make them exchangeable for other enchants of the same lvl and NOT BOUND TO ACCOUNT as I paid real money for the Keys to get the bars, and if this is how things are going, I think I will really let my VIP lapse and buy no more keys, I have spent more than enough money on this game for you to just keep taking things away after people spend their money on them. There is no other real use for QM enchants than pres wards, refinement can be got anywhere and enchantment can be gotten for that from Fey enchant. Also if they have not been nerfed on purpose then chance at pres wards needs to be raised.

Comments

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Not questioning how you spend money, but my brain will explode if I dont ask:

You buy Zen -> Buy keys with Zen -> get TB from lockboxes-> buy Quatermaster with TB-> Farm a lot to get bags -> Get a chance of preservation wards.

Is not better if you Buy Zen -> Buy preservation wards with Zen?
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • zombiefan03#9189 zombiefan03 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Don't play on pc so can't say for sure for ya'll, but you still get preservation wards on ps4.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    I have equipped QM for various toons since the introduction of QM. I don't even know it can give P-ward. Granted, I have not opened any of them for years because it took too much time to do inventory management (after opening them) and I am not short of RP. They could have added P-ward after I stopped opening them. Now, I probably have 10000 bags combined.

So, for me, QM has been worthless for years. I don't even understand why anyone would spend money/AD directly/indirectly to get it except for those who really need RP. No, I did not spend AD/TB to get my QM for my toons. They were/are more or less free.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I've never gotten pres wards from quartermasters....only runestones, potions, skill kits, injury kits and generic gear. It was nice for a while getting eldritch runestones that could be traded for bondings and then exchanged for AD, but it seems they closed that opportunity.

I can relate to the frustration they cause to players moving the goal posts. I quit spending real money on the game a while back...even for VIP. I still think VIP is worth it mainly for the sign post, bank and email...the no AH posting fee is nice too, but I don't get a whole lot to sell on the AH anymore anyway.

I was considering getting a few more R15 Assassin enchants with some trade bars so I asked the alliance for some advice that saved me a lot of frustration down the road. If we have mounts and companions that we need to be upgrading for their bolsters, then we'd be better off spending any trade bars for mount and companion tokens. Increasing those bolsters is going to be the most valuable and worthwhile upgrades we can do if they aren't already at 100%.
  • forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    I don't get what you're complaining about. Quartermaster bags never dropped pres wards. They're only useful as an easy source of RP.
    I took a quick search from this forums and others and I could not find any evidence P-ward was dropped from Spoil of war in the past. This video is from March 2020 and the guy opened 550 bags and there was no P-ward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTb981YNF_k
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Since mod 21 they have started dropping P-Wards and the new blue and purple gear. I haven't opened mine yet since I'll just get more before now and the end of the event.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother

Ok I opened another 85 and got 1 pres ward so they are still dropping and I will thus keep spending money on the game, but really 1 in 285 bags is a very very low chance of success and to the guy with thousands of spoils of war, open them and see what you get please and tell us how you do.

There are better ways to get free P-ward than using QM enchantment.

The reason why I have thousands bags is it is pain to open them, the inventory management issue, and nothing really worth anything including p-ward.

Currently, I have a character who has 440 character bound p-ward which I got recently (I forgot which event, probably, Gond).
    I also have ~500 account bound p-ward. 93 account bound c-ward.
    I opened 295 Coffer of Celestial Artifacts yesterday and got 47 p-ward and 9 c-ward.

You can see there is no point for me to open the spoils of war bag. There is no point for me to spend money/AD/tb for it when I can get it easier and free. Even if the drop rate is 1%, it does not worth my time/effort to deal with thousands of other drops.
  • vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    "I have equipped QM for various toons since the introduction of QM. I don't even know it can give P-ward." Agreed! I open them for the rank 7 enchants/runestones and sell everything else. I have never received a PW nor was aware they were in the loot table Edit: Ok maybe things changed with mod 21, I stand corrected. I guess I have some bags to open tomorrow :)
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    The result you get from opening the Spoils depends on how much % droprate you have in your QM at the time you open the spoils.

It has earlier been said you need 10,5% til get R7 drops, it could be higher for PWards.

I opened around 1500 Spoils with 11,5% droprate equipped and got 24 PWards.