test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

jewel of the north unbind other players

2»

Comments

• sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    For the Jewel of the north, while I can see people saying you have to pay for it, you also can't get the full set without paying. Its also a garbage business practice that its a tank set hidden behind a paywall, while all current dps gear is farmable; they did this back in previous milestone with blessed set and I made a thread calling them out about that too.

The jewel on its' own is only useful to healers and people without journals. With dps and healers easily able to cap out their power rating its likely the first 1k il piece to be forgotten.

Jewel of the north still requires unbinding tokens, people who bought the pass to get it still had to pay zen for that pass.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited November 2021

Jewel of the north still requires unbinding tokens, people who bought the pass to get it still had to pay zen for that pass.

People like me (who already bought the pass) do not use the full set. I can but I did not. I use the artifacts for its item level. Well, you don't need the extra item level but there are other players would want it.

Yes, before the fix, you needed unbind token to unbind the artifact to sell it. The cost of the unbind token would be factored in in the price. Since the artifact is unlimited reclaimable, whatever selling price above the cost of the unbind tokens + transaction fee are profit.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited November 2021

I personally don't see anything wrong with reclaimable artifacts being able to be unbound. They would have the overall lowest value and still cost unbind tokens, meaning its not simply free to sell. It'd come under use for only those who have nothing else to unbind or for those who haven't made the class yet.

Well I don't know how much the unbind tokens are to purchase from the zen store, I heard they're pretty cheap but I don't really know, but I'm seeing green class sigils being put in the AH for over 300k so someone else can do the math and see if it's a cheaper way of making AD than the zax or buying other items from the zen store and re-selling and if it's actually in-line with other things atm. The only outlay someone needs to make 300k is however many unbind tokens it takes to do a sigil, just seems a little like easy free AD to me. Just keep claiming, processing and making buckets of AD with almost no effort. The source item is infinite.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User

I personally don't see anything wrong with reclaimable artifacts being able to be unbound. They would have the overall lowest value and still cost unbind tokens, meaning its not simply free to sell. It'd come under use for only those who have nothing else to unbind or for those who haven't made the class yet.

It is not about the class artifact but about "Jewel of the North" artifact (as the title of this thread), 1000 item level in mythic. Most cannot have it unless they bought the package in Zen store.
    and here that I wanted you, you guessed the reason for the tread and what bothers me I spent zen to buy it and others have it for free thanks to a system error.
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    I understand your point @horizonxael : I also paid for the pass.
    To be honest, it was more because, currently, i want to support the game (cause i have ton of fun with my bard ^^, it was a different story last year...) rather than somehow geting an "exclusive advantage" upon freeplayers.
    Personnally I don't really care : good for those who could buy it (I guess...), good for those who were able to use their tokens to unbind then sell some.
    At the end of the day, it's night.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    If you spent and were happy with your purchase, be happy.

If someone else does something that has zero effect on you, don't worry about it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I agree with Tchefi & Greywynd. I paid zen for it too (via the exchange) and I did so for my own benefit. It doesn't bother me who else has it or how they got it.

In my opinion, this competitive attitude in NW is the most destructive & antisocial aspect of the game, but it is built in through being able to see other players TIL, the paingiver chart, the constant push to get the next rare item that puts a person ahead of others.

It's not about being good enough to complete the content, it's about being better than other people and it is there to make people spend.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    armadeonx said:

I agree with Tchefi & Greywynd. I paid zen for it too (via the exchange) and I did so for my own benefit. It doesn't bother me who else has it or how they got it.

In my opinion, this competitive attitude in NW is the most destructive & antisocial aspect of the game, but it is built in through being able to see other players TIL, the paingiver chart, the constant push to get the next rare item that puts a person ahead of others.

It's not about being good enough to complete the content, it's about being better than other people and it is there to make people spend.

but in any case this game is HAMSTER everything, starting from the changes to the dungeons they should be ashamed I don't know who the ideas come to in the game but has little imagination, and for me he doesn't even play it for a second and with the next HAMSTER I give up everything and sell the my accaunt.
    That is your choice. Keep in mind whoever you sell it to may find your account deleted shortly thereafter. Selling of accounts is against ToS.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    do you realize that only today to make a cut given the respawn times of the mini bosses I stayed 4 hours 4 stupid hours for a random belt that is sometimes green
    And?