test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Irene's Epic Feedback 002

irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
edited November 2021 in Player Feedback (PC)

*inspired by the many epic item packs in the game.* I can create my epic feedback pack over here too. :p

Here are some things in mind I wish can be added to the game. I am an end game player at 63000 ilvl.

[Quality assurance]
- Collector's page update - To include missing items such as Band of Air, chicken mount, Etrien companion from bard's pack.
- Show the potion buff with a different border color instead of hiding it into drop down list.
- If player has disabled visuals of shirt and pants, do not show shirt / pants in armor preview.
- Tooltip : Show 30 minutes instead of 1800 seconds - Though In other mmorpg they do use thousands of seconds to sound intelligent, I see it as lazy programming.
- 10 player raid interface - Show a panel of second team names and roles.
- Increase spawn rate of bounty mobs in Sharandar ep3
- Allow the player to customize health bar colors for roles : e.g. different health bar color for tank
- Companion on zen market - when clicked on "return to category" button, the scrollbar resets and we need to scroll down over and over to view companions at the bottom.
- Mail has been sent messagebox for user to click ok
- Mail outbox : for players to read what has been sent
- New Collector's page of vanity pets - for the rich to collect all
- Update steam store screenshots - some looks old and low polygon.

[Dungeon]
Vault of Sands - maze area
- Healer's mark of divinity will create a message "currently in battle" and unable to enter the next area for 5-10 seconds.
- In the last entrance that looks like a glass panel, the "Press F to enter" text is not showing up to all players immediately.
- Suggestion : Auto teleport in 3 seconds to next area instead of pressing F.
- Ability to invite friends to radq. If someone quits, the team can decide to "find reinforcement" or "convert to private and play with friends".
This is because when a tank left, the system can take really long to find another tank. We can invite a friend who will log into his alt to tank.

[Items]
- New overload tab in wonderous bazar to sell overload enchantments
- Celestial wings = The player stands with wing by default, pressing spacebar to toggle between floating and standing - a good reason to justify the 4000 zen. :p

[Workshop]
- workshop orders : finish now button - morale discount if progression is over 50%.
- Commission quest - When user click "Sell all" to get commission points, a message "Sell all for X amount of commission?" with a yes / no button. This is useful for user to track the amount of commission he/she have generated for the day.
- Improve on icon look in workshop

- workshop orders : Use lower / higher quality if insufficient material [Yes / No] checkbox.

[Innovation]
- Ability to drop items on ground (e.g. gold) for others to pick up.
- Music Kits - Remix music of areas e.g. Protector's enclave techno - player can buy a music kit from zen store and click to play.
- Dungeon queue - Show Protrait of character below name list

- Loadout change effect e.g. smoke appear for a second - Effects purchasable in zen store.

[Content suggestion]
- Assault of bigbok - a big chicken is attacking a village in neverwinter. Help defeat the big bok

[New Interface]

- Look for group recruit Panel.
Instead of spamming "lf1m tank" player can post a recruit message for 5 mins. the message will disappear when player starts a dungeon or when 5 mins has ended.
Benefits - No more text spam, Multiple channels to join to find the right people, Never miss out old messages, easier to create or join a team.
- 1 more button on potion tray (Button 8). The potion effects overwrite each other. Sometimes the player can drink a Crit potion, other times a defense potion.

[Recruit a friend]
- Recruit a friend pack - If player recruits a friend and the new friend levels to 20 or have spent at least 1000 zen, he/she can get a pack with a 2 seater common companion.
- Friendship Buff - when playing with a friend - 1% increased movement speed if there is a friend in a team (does not stack).

[Bug fix]
Loadout issue - unable to switch loadout when companion's skill is placed in another location in second loadout
Golden Companion skill missing

Comments

• rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    They used to have potion buffs shown in the top buff bar alongside all the others at all times and you could see what was active and when it expired just at a glance which was very user-friendly, I never liked the way they buried it in a drop-down, it's tedious and annoying hidden there. Much better how it was in plain sight at all times, no idea why they changed it.

I will also add that when you hover over a buff and it says 'click to see more', when you do this it tells you nothing more, no info on what it does etc, just the exact same info you read in the first place with nothing extra. They need to fix this and put detailed information.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    They changed it because of screen clutter. The more buffs that were added, the smaller the icons became or the longer the line was across the screen. Hard to tell what was what.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    edited November 2021
    Ever heard of two lines over the top of each other? I knew what I was looking at anyway, each potion buff was very recognizable. When you know what ur looking for it's not hard.
    And when you have 4 others in a party that have just as many buffs, you have excessive screen clutter.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • destrion#3156 destrion Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    The healer's mark is not an exclusive problem to VoS, it happens a lot.
    greywynd said:

And when you have 4 others in a party that have just as many buffs, you have excessive screen clutter.

And who determines how much info is too much and has then become 'clutter'?
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

greywynd said:

I believe this change was to be more in line with the console UI. But also, I'm sure there are quite a few PC players who play on a smaller laptop, where screen real estate is a thing.
    You do realize that if everything is scaled-down on a smaller screen it's not taking up anymore screen % than it was on a bigger one. Just the icons are smaller.

You do realize that if everything is scaled-down on a smaller screen it's not taking up anymore screen % than it was on a bigger one. Just the icons are smaller.

Only to a point, my monitor for example is a 35" curved and buff only went out to maybe 1/6th of the width in parties with plenty of space around that line of icons to not really block anything, but if I were to play only using my laptop's screen, those buffs would almost reach out to half of the width and would take up more room vertically.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    I said when they were talking about reducing the number of displayed buffs: allow players to choose the types of buffs displayed as the necessity varies by role as much a play style.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox

On my screen I do.
    What about mine?
    arazith07 said:

Only to a point, my monitor for example is a 35" curved and buff only went out to maybe 1/6th of the width in parties with plenty of space around that line of icons to not really block anything, but if I were to play only using my laptop's screen, those buffs would almost reach out to half of the width and would take up more room vertically.
    Well I don't see why players should have to personally compensate because your resolution settings are all over the place.
    So what you want trumps everyone else?
    Funny, that seemed to be what you were saying...

Funny, that seemed to be what you were saying...

I'm arguing for the sake of those who aren't privileged enough to have control over their screen size and resolution, or don't have the ability to see tiny fonts. Personally I could care less about it, except I have empathy so I care about it for others. This is about making the greatest number of people happy. Do I wish there was an option to switch between them, ofc! But we don't have that option, so the next best thing is to help those complaining about screen real estate.
    edited November 2021
    That wasn't directed to you, it was a reply to the immediate post before mine, I thought that was obvious.

Tbh I don't see what the problem is. The time you need to see if your potion buffs are active is out of combat, and at those times there are maybe 3, 4 or 5 icons only there anyway, it's not taking up half the screen, it's taking up a miniscule amount of the screen, do you want a screenshot? Adding them back would not affect anyone in any way. It's not until you enter combat that they start flying across in a wider line and at those times you're supposed to be concentrating on who you're fighting, where you're placed in relation to your party and enemies and what your cooldowns are doing and I can't imagine many people are avidly reading their icons during this stage. It's at rest and out of combat that we need them there to prevent having to dig into the dropdown to see if they're even still working or not. As in waiting for a queue and wanting to know if you need to reapply just before going in. As always in a digital world anything is possible, so if it's so inconvenient to have an extra 3 or so icons there, why don't they just code it so they display while out of combat and as soon as you enter combat they disappear then come back again when everything has calmed down up there and it's back to virtually no icons again.
    If you aren't in combat, then you can easily use the drop down list provided which they added for convenience.
    Are you a Cryptic dev? You sure sound like one.

It's not at all convenient to dig around in hidden drop downs when the alternative was just to look and instantly see if it's still working or not and hover over it to see how long for. The way it is now is a step backwards and bad move. It just makes knowing a simple but important thing even harder. Not convenient in the slightest.
    In your opinion.

The drop down isn't hidden. It's right under your avatar. Up and down arrows in pink or purple. Click that and a short scroll.

Of course, the argument can also be made that if the list is too long you are using entirely too many buffs.
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2021

I can't imagine many people are avidly reading their icons

♩avidly ♪watching♫ their♪ icons♩
    ♪yu ♩hu ♫yuhuhu♪
    ♩you may♪ say♩ i'm♫ a♪ gamer♪
    ♬but i'm♪ ♩not ♪the ♪only ♩one
    ♪I ♪hope ♫someday ♪you ♪will ♪join us♩
    ♪Then ♪all ♫icons on♩ screen♪ will be shown♩

[[**the voice of Alinala ChanteClair fades into silence.
    After shouldering her lute, she winks at Rockster, then longly bows to the audience letting a facetious smirk appears on her face**]]
    Post edited by tchefi#6735 on
    Back onto the original topic, I like a lot of the suggestions and would like to see some of these in future updates.
  • karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I like some of the suggestions in the first post, I would prefer fixing of known bugs to any other changes.
    A month or two of bug fixes would be nice.