test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fighter dps encounters start canceling each other out

scratcheesscratchees Member Posts: 19 Arc User
edited November 2021 in Bug Reports (PC)
i noticed this the past few months usually intermittently once in a while but lately its alot and last night it was doing it with encounters i wasnt even getting any attacks in because they were all canceling each other out in rotation.

also this usually starts happening when i notice that seethe is sticking he kneels and wont stand up when i let loose until all my stamina used up

dont know if any have reported these issues but i am finding that multiple people in my alliance are having same issues with fighter they just didnt know if it was a bug

Comments

• taikaias#9396 taikaias Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    For Fighter DPS -- I have noticed this as well. I have noticed also that the animation goes through, but the encounter never procc's, goes on cool down, or does dmg.
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    I noticed that too. Sometimes this is really annoying.
    2fv72Fw.png
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I don't run my Fighter often but I did yesterday and I noticed this, but only once. I was soloing around Dread Ring doing quests for Sybella and I was stuck in combat for about 10 seconds after a fight.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks! I'll add it to the weekly report for escalation.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I'd noticed the encounter cancellation too - I have to properly space the button pressing and wait for each animation to finish before pressing the next.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • sirian#5710 sirian Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Since I play the fighter as main, I get this bug very often. It is very annoying that valuable DPS are lost because you have to attack again and the enemies are often already dead. One cause could be that the enemy selected for the attack is dead before the attack goes through. A solution would be to proceed with the attack in the same way as with the path of the blades of the TR. That is, you do not have to target an enemy to trigger the attack, but it is enough to activate the attack and the enemies are automatically attacked. This counts especially for Onslaught.

Speaking of attacks of the fighter: What does tremor count as: melee or ranged? Furthermore, it would make sense to increase the radius of this attack. You can hardly hit opponents with it!

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    I think there are many classes that have this concern. I know with Warlock I cancel Hellfire Ring all the time with Killing Flames. The game accepts power queuing to a certain extent but since the combat rework there are many that do not apply. I was very annoyed with SW when the last combat rework came out because of this issue. It took weeks to work the new timing into muscle memory again so I wouldn't cancel HFR all the time..

I have to wonder, your dps fighter, is it onslaught that cancels? With it's anamation I would expect you could cancel it rather easily with an anvil or bull charge.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I use to get this with anvil, before the changes to combat rework. Had to be careful to let the animation finish or it'd cause issues in tomm.

Onslaught has had this issue forever, its why I only run onslaught during fights that have a boss and mobs, otherwise I run tremor, which does well not sure why others say it hits nothing. I've run it in all mob encounters, including in VoS and still usually end up top dps there.

Shield slam use to have the opposite effect, it'd proc but could be canceled and re-used, knocking enemies down forever but without procing the damage.

The tab mechanic has had the same issue since mod 16, where if you're tab'd going into a transition/cutscene, it'll bug it. I usually shift to get out of it when that happens, but extremely annoying.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Maybe this is connected to why the hawk cancels-out if you move before it does damage (reported in another thread). It may be a wider issue than it appears. I've also noticed very recently that swarm will cancel-out also which is very strange, it is always instant and behaves very well and is not affected by what you do immediately after using it, including moving. You can hit it and immediately jump around and it won't affect the power triggering. But lately I've noticed I use it, see the bats go and reach the target (that's all you should need to happen for it to work) and then look down a few moments later and it's not on cooldown and ready to go again and needs using a second time. But the hawk cancelling itself out if you don't wait long enough is what I was reminded of when reading this thread anyway.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.