test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The New Siege of Neverwinter - Details please

hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
edited November 2021 in General Discussion (PC)
One of my favorite events was always the Siege of Neverwinter. It would be on the schedule 2x/year and give new players a chance to earn a Siege Griffon (with Wanderer's Fortune bonus), some nice fashion, dyes, Dragon Glyphs, Quartermaster Enchants, Neverwinter Archer and Medic companions and of course the Siege Charger mount. The best part of the event was the fact that I could work really hard and earn Strongboxes of Influence to donate to the guilds in my alliance to help them grow. They were earned through recruiting Mercenaries (Stronghold hold quest) and from crafting Defense Supplies from various profession materials. These materials were designed to engage the players that had not done much crafting to try to make things and level their artisan ins the process. Donation Defense supplies gave you Medals of Honor which could be used to buy the Influence Strongboxes (which require no key to open).

When I look at the description of the Siege of Neverwinter event coming in another week, I see what looks like a cut/paste of the Achievement earning process from Hell Pit and Harvest of NIghtmares.

1) If you are changing currencies, can we exchange our Medallions of Battle that we earned?

2) Will we be able to craft Defense Supplies and exchange them for currency that will allow us to buy the Stronghold Influence boxes? Are the recipes the same as they have always been?

3) Will we be able to buy the Siege Griffon and all the other wonderful items that were in the event store with the new currency?

4) I was hoping you would issue General Sabine as a Companion as she is related to the event. The Golden Warhorse is nice too, but I have to keep his stall clean.

Looking forward to the event, but hoping that the core rewards and activities of the event are still retained through the update.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
Post edited by hexngone#5489 on

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I'm sure there will be a dev blog either later this week or next week detailing everything. I do know that it's considered an appointment event now though (like Hellpit/Harvester of Nightmare), with the same reward store. I do hope that the guild vouchers remains untouched (or with increased droprate)
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    Ok--to keep this thread going, here is the link to the announcement.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11501743-siege-of-neverwinter!

It doesn't seem to answer too many of the previous posts' questions--no mention of guild vouchers, no mention of defense supplies, not certain if alts will be able to run and gain new stuff, not certain what the buy back will be for the old currency, but they do at least mention it. Nice update on the new companion (Mythic--account) for the 5 achievement coins, which is great if you already have the Warhorse. Funny thing is that they didn't update the medic and archer companion descriptions.

So--unfortunately, I still have many of the questions that were asked in the original post.

Hope to see more info before the event.
  • tyrlaan#5615 tyrlaan Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I will have to spend quite a few legacy Writs of Commendation.

Looks like the new currencies (Token of ...) are account-wide because you can turn them in for an account-wide rewards, e.g. mount or companion?

Hopefully all characters on an account can contribute then (not like the Masquerade of Liars where only one character could pick a faction, finish that quest and would get repeatable quests).

Also will we still get voucher drops? For many the Siege was mostly for getting a boost of Influence and Tyranny currency to donate to the coffer and help guild progress considerably. This time I want lots of Fey Trinket vouchers too since the threshold to gain and contribute them has been raised to IL 40k+, far out of reach for many players...

Looks like the new currencies (Token of ...) are account-wide because you can turn them in for an account-wide rewards, e.g. mount or companion?

Hopefully all characters on an account can contribute then (not like the Masquerade of Liars where only one character could pick a faction, finish that quest and would get repeatable quests).

It's just like Hellpit/Harvester of Nightmares, you'll only be able to get one token of achievement per event.
  • cthulukittencthulukitten Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    I used to farm the heck out of this for guild vouchers, and encourage my guildmates to do the same. No mention of guild vouchers now, making guild progression even more outrageous in terms of time. Nice prizes, but need to complete this event x 14 plus 4 tbd other events? acct mount/pet is nice, but that's like a year of waiting and farming. And if we hadn't done Hellpit (I haven't, for various reasons)? hmm.
  • xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Unfortunately the quests in the stronghold for this event are broken. So anyone who has not done the event before will NOT be able to farm any vouchers until it is fixed.
  • halfbaked#8040 halfbaked Member Posts: 9 Arc User

Unfortunately the quests in the stronghold for this event are broken. So anyone who has not done the event before will NOT be able to farm any vouchers until it is fixed.

I'm getting vouchers on kills and it's my first event.
  • unthoughtknownunthoughtknown Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Can old defense supplies be turned in anywhere?
    Quite a couple of my lvl 20 alts (who did previous Siege of Neverwinter events) can´t get any quest from the Siege Defense Coordinator and don´t see the Siege Battlefield zone on world map.

Is that a bug? Is there some entrance requirement they don´t meet and wasn´t mentioned? (like a quest they haven´t done or a minimum IL - if so that kinda defeats the purpose of getting new players some freebie mount and stuff)

I'm getting vouchers on kills and it's my first event.
    IIRC you don´t have to do the stronghold quest, just be in a guild for vouchers to drop on the battlefield.

The old stronghold quest was worth it IMO, the new one isn´t. At best you get an 100 Influence voucher per day. You could have done a stronghold HE instead. Okay, maybe to trade the vouchers on AH (instead of joining a guild to donate).
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    The blog post and the description from the calendar states:
    "When the second week of the siege begins you will have a chance to earn an extra [Token of Participation]. This will come from providing supplies to aid the battle"

I'm speculating here that (hopefully) the mechanism for producing the Defense Supplies (Stronghold guard recruitment and Defense Supply crafting in the Workshop) will be activated then. Perhaps the Master of Coin offering the 'Guard Recruitment' quest the first week was an error/oversight?

Frankly, we seem to have enough 'puzzles' to work out with the Cult Assult and Invavasion HEs failing to spawn a Cult Leader (apparently because mobs are being killed before they enter the camp areas?) which results in 15 minutes of wasted effort.

I am thankful to see that the old currency/rewards seem to all be available. Included are the old Defense Supply cases which to me implies that they are still functional if you have some in banks somewhere.

Stay tuned.
    edited November 2021
    I have yet to earn Tokens of Achievement. If the blog description is right, can we even earn more than one in this year´s event?

"For completing the daily quest “Siege of Neverwinter” 14 times throughout the event duration you will acquire ONE token of achievement. This token can be used in the Achievement store."

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11501743-siege-of-neverwinter!

a) Only one character per account can complete the quest "Siege of Neverwinter" every day (all other characters on the account can then only repeat "Breaking the Siege" until reset).

b) If this one character does it 14 times, he gets ONE token (according to the description).

So after 14 days of doing it with one character, I will get ONE token? Mount or companion cost FIVE.
    Are these a reward to look forward to in 5 years?

I have yet to earn Tokens of Achievement. If the blog description is right, can we even earn more than one in this year´s event?

"For completing the daily quest “Siege of Neverwinter” 14 times throughout the event duration you will acquire ONE token of achievement. This token can be used in the Achievement store."

a) Only one character per account can complete the quest "Siege of Neverwinter" every day (all other characters on the account can then only repeat "Breaking the Siege" until reset).

b) If this one character does it 14 times, he gets ONE token (according to the description).

So after 14 days of doing it with one character, I will get ONE token? Mount or companion cost FIVE.
    Are these a reward to look forward to in 5 years?

They run multiple events of this type each year, they are called appointment events. Hellpit and Harvester of Nightmare are in the same category. I would expect to be able to get about 4 tokens in a year.
    arazith07 said:

They run multiple events of this type each year, they are called appointment events. Hellpit and Harvester of Nightmare are in the same category. I would expect to be able to get about 4 tokens in a year.

Yeah maybe those are gonna award these tokens too. I have yet to figure what to go for in this event.

Vouchers obviously, Seals of the Fallen and AD.

With 14+ days of participation, Tokens of Achievement for some multi-year reward after participating in these appointment events. Tokens of Challenge for day 14-21. And Tokens of Participation seem to be a reward for "Breaking the Siege" too so alts can get them and they can be farmed until cap (whatever the daily cap is, I´ve heard people talk in zone chat about 3 or 4 on their characters so that would be more than 42 over the 21 days span).
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    Where do I spend Medal of Heroism? Is is from this event in the past, right?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

The event merchant in PE has tabs for the old currencies
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

The event merchant in PE has tabs for the old currencies
    Thanks.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    The problem with the rewards for the achievement tokens is that they are one year old when you get them.

When the event was new, everyone were looking forward to getting a legendary mount, since legendary mounts were very rare and expensive at the time the event was launched. Not so any more.

The new mythic companion likely also will be reduced in value by the time we can actually get it(unless you spend already-earned tokens on him, of course). And that companion is not that good to start with.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    I am surprised this actually still works, they have made so many changes to the game over the years it is amazing this works and Respen's Marvelous Game and Day of the Dungeon Master is no more. Say what you like, but I miss moving my toxic lead figurines through the swinging pendulums of death.

Don't forget toxic lead minis are a great snack food during those long sessions! :trollface:

Just killing time...
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    the funniest part of the daily quest of the event, farm Heroic Encounters LOL,

they could have made the map a queued trial zone, when entering we have the campfire and maybe some chest for ending the trial, the wood barricades is the entrance to the trial zone when interacting with it, when entering we trigger the small he we have at the barricade after completing that set the party to move to middle area summoning the blue dragon big heroic encounter and we are sent towards the catapult but we have to defeat the general small heroic encounter in order to have access to the catapult arena heroic encounter after destroying them trigger black dragon heroic encounter after defeating the black dragon direct the party to save neverwinter soldiers from enemy campfire trigging that zone heroic encounter after saving the soldiers summon the main threat the giant red dragon heroic encounter and that how the rework was done, this as a 5 players trial

@noworries#8859 @nitocris83
    arcanjo86 said:

the funniest part of the daily quest of the event, farm Heroic Encounters LOL,

they could have made the map a queued trial zone, when entering we have the campfire and maybe some chest for ending the trial, the wood barricades is the entrance to the trial zone when interacting with it, when entering we trigger the small he we have at the barricade after completing that set the party to move to middle area summoning the blue dragon big heroic encounter and we are sent towards the catapult but we have to defeat the general small heroic encounter in order to have access to the catapult arena heroic encounter after destroying them trigger black dragon heroic encounter after defeating the black dragon direct the party to save neverwinter soldiers from enemy campfire trigging that zone heroic encounter after saving the soldiers summon the main threat the giant red dragon heroic encounter and that how the rework was done, this as a 5 players trial

@noworries#8859 @nitocris83

Yeah, this isn't a rework at all, which is a shame as they removed the event due to it not being ready last year. Sure the rewards changed, but it's the same event that we've had since M4. I was hoping we would at the very least get the reworked dragons they were talking about in the joint interviews they've done with WotC on the release of their latest book. I guess we won't actually get those until M22.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User

I am surprised this actually still works, they have made so many changes to the game over the years it is amazing this works and Respen's Marvelous Game and Day of the Dungeon Master is no more. Say what you like, but I miss moving my toxic lead figurines through the swinging pendulums of death.

Don't forget toxic lead minis are a great snack food during those long sessions! :trollface:

Respens was a lot of fun.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User

The blog post and the description from the calendar states:
    "When the second week of the siege begins you will have a chance to earn an extra [Token of Participation]. This will come from providing supplies to aid the battle"

I'm speculating here that (hopefully) the mechanism for producing the Defense Supplies (Stronghold guard recruitment and Defense Supply crafting in the Workshop) will be activated then. Perhaps the Master of Coin offering the 'Guard Recruitment' quest the first week was an error/oversight?

So, the patch fixed the Stronghold quest so that each alt can get a Stronghold Support Reward each day.

With the event week changeover today we enter week 2 of the event. According to the description in the calendar (one of two possible responses to my request in this post for 'Details') the text quoted above exists. I (and many others) are totally confused as to how we can actually perform the task in the last sentence "providing supplies to aid the battle". There is no drop box, there is no vendor, the Profession ability to craft the Defense Supplies is not active. I and many others have found Defense Supplies we made in years past and (due to time) did not yet turn in, there is no vendor accepting them. There are rewards at the PE vendor for Medals of Heroism, but there is no source for them other that what might be leftover from previous events.

Is the omission of the artisan/recipe for Defense Supplies an error to be fixed ASAP? @nitocris83
    Is the omission of a vendor to accept Defense Supplies for Tokens of Participation missing soon to be activated? @nitocris83

The blog posting on the updated/revised event mentions
    "Cult Warband - Cult Warriors prowl the battlefield, scouting the city's defenses and looking for soldiers to ambush. Defeat these bands of marauders to push back the besieging army."
    Yet I have never seen this as a named HE event in the instance. Is this something that will be added in week 3? or an omission? @nitocris83

I realize this all could be posted in the Bug Report(PC) Forum, but I've added it here because I started here to ask for a description of the event and what was provided and what is actually active do not seem to match up. Please provide some clarification so we know if we have misunderstood something or a future patch will remedy the situation.

The good news is ... it is not Saturday yet.