test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tiamat should not auto-start

Tiamat should start like every other dungeon/trial. It should not have a timer and it should start when someone clicks on the portal. I'll guess that it needs an actual portal for this action. This would also help with teaching, organizing, and explaining tactics to the less-experienced. There is just not enough time to type sufficient information into chat window to explain the three phases.

In addition, a private queue group with less than 10 people should be able to start the trial without waiting 5 minutes for the timer to expire.

Comments

• Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    deleted, I misread, I really should not come here first thing after waking up lol.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    At this point, probably 95% of the players know what to do. Three decent DPS can make it a single-phase run. The other 5% can just follow the crowd. The only thing I might mention is that when the group is at blue, don't f-ing attack white from blue.
  • Options
    tommy069#5108 tommy069 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    It would still be nice to have the chance to let Tanks/Healers discuss which way to go.
    I always tend to go for the White Crystal, and if I'm a Healer or Tank I don't want to be doubling up with my counterpart on the other party.

I understand that 3 good DPS CAN run a fast one phase.
    But not all Random Trials get that.
    Even at 40K IL barrier for RQ, people can queue outside the Random Queue for the Tiamat Trial at (I believe...) 20K IL.
    Newer players wanting to complete the Well of Dragons campaign need 6 of those Linus' for the third Boon, and waiting to get them for filling the coffer will take forever.

To be honest, I would like to see a portal at the start of every queue. I can guarantee that if I land MoTH, or DL, by the time I log in someone is already through the first wave, or at the cut scene, and I'm not on a particularly slow connection.

But I know too many speed runners would lose their HAMSTER over having to wait for slow connectors, so it's unlikely to become a standard across all content.

But given the fact that Tiamat makes you wait for everyone to be connected before starting anyway... maybe a portal on THAT queue just in case everyone DOES connect quickly???
  • Options
    shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Well, there is a high chance tiamat is getting reworked for this echoes of prophecy event, so by happy. You might have your timer removed, a portal, increase difficulty and another IL wall.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• Options
    powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    If tiamat does get a refresh similar to demogorgan, then Well of Dragons campaign will likely need to be revamped as well since completion depends on linu's favors which you farm using tiamat (and not that ridiculous quest). But making things consistent seems to be a lost art so who knows what might happen.
  • Options
    powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User

At this point, probably 95% of the players know what to do. Three decent DPS can make it a single-phase run. The other 5% can just follow the crowd. The only thing I might mention is that when the group is at blue, don't f-ing attack white from blue.

You might think that. And if that were true, then why do the vast majority of players NOT pick up a gem and use it at the appropriate head. Lazy? Perhaps, but I assume some don't actually know. And WHY do I constantly need to post in chat to drag the mobs away from clerics?