test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maize wins on all 3 platforms?

I can't be the only one that's this baffled? I asked in zone chat, alliance chat, discord, I even added polls to Facebook the answers I got were overwhelmingly in favour of madcap. What happened? If it had won on 1 platform I'd just accept it as popularity, maybe even 2, but all 3? I smell a rat. Furthermore the feedback I've gotten from most people is that they are absolutely as confused as I am
I'd appreciate it if someone from cryptic could chime in to let us know this isn't some wild bug.

Comments

• rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    The only thing I can think of is that it's all new players who didn't know you can just get the pumpkin head which has been around forever any old time and it's nothing spesh to look like that. I will say that usually after the event you see people running around wearing their new toy, I can't say I've seen anyone doing it this year. When the three reps were in PE I stood next to the midget (was also my team) and summoned my Batiri to see how the size compared, they were the same height, but the midget was hovering up over the ground a bit so we would have all been smaller than a Batiri. What wins normally is the outfit which is the most unique, I'm just as baffled. The Witch looks like any old player from a distance in size and shape, plus we already have pointy hats which very few people wear, the scarecrow like I said you can look like any old time, but the midget was the winner because there is nothing else in the game which makes you that small. I read someone today in PE say that it was too scary to look at but when you play the game normally you don't see too much detail and all you would have really seen would have been tiny little players running around, would have been hilarious and it should logically have won. If you think back to previous winners, twig blight nothing looks like that in the game player-wise, werewolf same, ghost pally same, but this one makes no sense. Either new players were clueless and didn't get the idea of what it can do for you after the event, or yea, something untoward happened behind the scenes.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    I know literally nobody who went with Maize on any platform and neither does anyone I've asked.

There is no way it won legitimately, they were guaranteed just sick of it being ignored.
  • grrowler#0622 grrowler Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    I went with Maize (on PC) - I know you can get the pumpkin mask, I liked the overall look of the scarecow better than the other two. yeah I thought the witch is an ugly model, and I did not care much for the madcap. yeah, now that you mention it, it would have been funny running around as a small avatar.

I did not contribute much - maybe around 40, and stopped farming the event after a few days. so I was not certain which team the community would choose this year, so was happy that maize actually won. in past years, I have checked the forums to try to align myself with the popular vote, but I did not see anything.
  • yamioni#9870 yamioni Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    If it makes you feel any better, I went Maize (on PC) and didn't get sent a reward for being on the winning team.

Maybe the system got confused. The part that reported the "winner" and controlled what was available on the last-chance vendor thought it was all Maize, and the part that mails out the rewards thought it was Witch (can't be Madcap, otherwise OP would have asked why they received a mask anyway.)

Any reports of people on team Witch getting a reward when they shouldn't have? Did anyone get a reward, for that matter?
    @nitocris83 ello. Can we please have an internal investigation on this just to put our minds at rest? The previous post here and one in another thread concerning people not getting their rewards mailed to them makes me think there has indeed been some kind of error. It's definitely worth looking into and just some kind of confirmation that it's either all ok or not ok would be appreciated by everyone.
  • If it's not an error then they just wanted to use it as an excuse to charge people 100k ad for the item, if even winners aren't getting it free, silence only makes them look more suspicious
  • plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    It’s interesting that that was the new vanity pet, too.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I picked that team and a decent number of my friends and people in the Alliance did as well. Had no issues getting the costume after the event.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    I heard someone say in PE today that they got theirs in the mail fine.
  • winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    Yeah I wasn't to crazy about this myself. I too voted for the little guy. I think the influx of new players caused this. I just wished Cryptic would offer the other skins as options also that did not win, but I guess its so there is something for next year. Or even offer the old winning team skins for newer players to purchase in Halloween store, I doubt those will be back in circulation since they are already done.
  • inspecter68inspecter68 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    You couldn't pay me 100000 AD to take the maize costume
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks - I'll ask for another check but our initial internal results were that Maize Masters won on all platforms (Onlu exception was Drider, the Russian PC server)
  • silente07#2597 silente07 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Does it matter, it was a recycled event with no new features or worthy rewards. It used to be one of m favorite events. But it’s been wash rinse repeat since it dropped. And the Werewolf costume is bugged in certain content for instant death.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    I was expecting the witch to win on PC, coolest looking skin available and its a more recognizable halloween monster. I was also baffled when maize masters managed to win on all 3 platforms. It never did well previous years, as evidenced by it being still available on all 3 platforms for this year, and the mask he wears can be bought separately in the shop for this event so he's redundant.

The madcap was a significant downgrade compared to the skins released in previous years so the 2 older skins actually had a chance this year, but I would still fully have expected maize masters to be the majority's 3rd place pick lol. Madcap I also figured would remind people too much of the new sharandar campaign, which might not be too popular.

If maize masters won legitimately, it could be because of which teams were the most proactive about gathering the candy, maybe maize masters had a smaller number of players who really made an effort to unlock it. Probably majority of players that entered this contest were lazy with it this year and didn't try to rally their alliance much this year.

Looking back on this, I figure cryptic probably guessed maize masters would win this year using statistics, there was only a simon vanity pet this year, none of others had a vanity pet.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    The election is rigged! How can maize get so many votes! :p
    edited November 2021
    I have not seen one person running around in their winning outfit. That tells me something. But I did see someone today wearing their Visage of Roots.
  • walker#8832 walker Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Pumpkin heads are the coolest! B)
    That's why they've been in the game forever.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Even before the gear was introduced.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.