test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleric mark tank

autylautyl Member Posts: 25 Arc User
When my cleric marked the tank with tab (wing symbol above his/her head) then both of us can't open doors etc because we stay in combat. Are more people have this problem¿
And is it possible that also the tank can see if he is "marked". As example in the line of his other buffs¿

Comments

• kayshan89kayshan89 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I confirm. This problem is also present on console (ps4 / ps5). It’s very annoying, especially in the Vos labyrinth.
  • Ahh that's what it was then. same issue here
  • achterhoeker1957achterhoeker1957 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    same issue at my cleric .
  • seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    same problem here and maybe i'm wrong but i think the mark only can be seen by the healer who applied it.
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    I have the same problem. It doesn't matter who is marked, tank, DPS, they can't interact (and neither can I!)
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • froger#9967 froger Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Yep. It's a big problem in the VoS maze. I'm constantly moving the mark back to myself to get through doors. [xbox]

Froger - Barbarian - Original Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Jade - Cleric - Healer Main - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Magnus - Fighter - 3rd main to be a tank - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Loverboy - Ranger - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Nomnomnommm - Wizard - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    I Am The Wall - Paladin - Alt - Droppin Crits on Fools - Xbone
    Xeros - Rogue - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    RIP bad name - Warlock - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Bardholomew - Bard - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone
    Sirona - Cleric - Alt - 9 3/4 Unbuffed - Xbone

Jade - DC - Shadows of Gauntlgrym - PC
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    @lassor#2420 hi. I've just found that if I put the cleric mark on someone in ToNG they stay in combat, this doesn't happen to me anywhere else though I don't do all content so can't speak in absolutes, only what I've seen in the places I run. But it's now happened in ToNG twice so it's maybe connected to the map. So anyway, I read about this issue in this thread and it's only now I've seen it myself. Yesterday in ToNG it put the tank in combat and she asked me to take it off her because she already knew it was the cleric mark doing it, today, just now, it again put the tank (OP) in combat constantly, I took it off and put it on a Guardian Fighter who was plying DPS and they went into combat pose, this weird thing happened as well where when my power ring was going boom boom repeatedly and putting me in and out of combat long after a fight was over as those rings do (annoying btw) with my arm going up and down, the person I had tagged was going in and out of combat at exactly the same times to match me like we were linked in a way we should not be, that may provide some sort of clue as to what's going on, don't know. So I had to take it off them because I felt sorry for them and I had to put it on myself to make sure no-one else was affected, as once you enable it, you can't take it off, only move it around. (Might be nice to be able to remove it from everyone somehow once it's been put on.) Anyway, I put it on myself and then I stayed in combat permanently with my symbol held up. I could interact with doors etc (which usually can't happen when I'm in combat pose) but my arm was just held up the whole time after that for the rest of dungeon. Another player also said it happened to them in VoS, I think they were a SW though, they said they marked people and the same thing happened there.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    This problem happening in almost every dungeon but in ToNG and LoMM and VoS is the most noticeable due to the lots of doors and gates.

Also maybe it's not related but i noticed that lately two of my characters also getting into combat "in the middle of nowhere" even on an empty instance so this made me think about the possibility of a piece of equipment or "equipment type" - like rings with a specific equip power - causing this.
  • yamioni#9870 yamioni Member Posts: 55 Arc User

This problem happening in almost every dungeon but in ToNG and LoMM and VoS is the most noticeable due to the lots of doors and gates.

Also maybe it's not related but i noticed that lately two of my characters also getting into combat "in the middle of nowhere" even on an empty instance so this made me think about the possibility of a piece of equipment or "equipment type" - like rings with a specific equip power - causing this.

I've seen this behavior in the past with equipment with on damage received effects. I believe it was a ring I had, which if you jumped off of a ledge and took falling damage it would immediately put you into combat, even in peaceful areas like PE.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Good to know this is possibly what's been happening to me constantly. I keep getting stuck as tank in combat and everyone keeps wondering where I am. Its just really annoying.
  • skulbukol#9415 skulbukol Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I'm not sure if the Ring of the Condemned would be the cause when a tank is marked. I'll test it when the servers are up again.
  • inspecter68inspecter68 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    It's not the ring of the Condemned. I have the same problem, with anyone I mark. I've just resigned myself to having to remove the mark when I go through a door, portal or hedge then re-mark when I get to the other side.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    It's not only the cleric mark that does this either. SW and OP mark also have the same issue.