test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.131.20211003a.10

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11501093

Comments

• autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    "The following items are no longer donatable to the guild stronghold coffer: "

You already took way our ability to create Fey Vouchers for the SH and now how the heck are we supposed to add items to the professional supplies esp for lower level players?

Are you trying to get people to stop upgrading SH because this is how you do it.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    OOOoo I love this, I am very happy with the turn things took since mod 21 (well except insignia powder and tyranny of dragons but this is not about that)

Could we get a bank slot for refinment points as well please?
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    I will start off a bit positive--Welcome back, @nitocris83 I hope you are feeling better.

Now, the not so positive. The only person who could possibly feel worse about this set of patch notes is Nitocris because as one of their first tasks upon returning back to work, they need to send this pile of excrement out to the players.

Honestly, I can state that the treatment of the Sybella quests and the stronghold donations were poorly executed. I could waste my time and use excessive adjectives to describe how poorly, but I think in this case, it would be superfluous. Most people that have strongholds that are not maxed and those that do Sybella quests, especially with multiple alts, will feel the same pain and can insert their own hamster-style adjectives.

Would you please let us know if either of these issues will be addressed?
  • polysatyr81polysatyr81 Member Posts: 154 Arc User

"The following items are no longer donatable to the guild stronghold coffer: "

You already took way our ability to create Fey Vouchers for the SH and now how the heck are we supposed to add items to the professional supplies esp for lower level players?

Are you trying to get people to stop upgrading SH because this is how you do it.

After someone brought it up on another thread and double checking it's all the stuff you can buy with Gold from the Professions vendor so it honestly makes sense to me as an Alliance leader where everyone complains about the Professions deposit always being full and never being able to donate the Vouchers they receive. So this is everything up to like Level 8 I believe.

Also, @nitocris83 Welcome back. You've been solely missed. As you're fully aware the last set of patch notes put out by @ambassadorkael#6946 and responded to by @percemer caused a lot of consternation. As someone who commented with I feel to be fairly logical arguments a couple of times and the only response coming back was for items that were quick fixes instead of the underlying problem. So I would like to state in the matter of Professions there's some things that we as a Player base would like at the very LEAST some acknowledgement on.

1. Why did the prices for the new Masterwork recipes multiply to exorbitant amounts without any real warning? And the salt in the wound was that the patch notes that went out were wrong. (@percemer fixed them but still)
    2. Is the exchange store for old Masterwork materials and items being worked on? Right now you have to have bundles of 5-10 of an item but what do you do with the groups of 1-9 you have for NQ and 1-4 for HQ? Why is for the produced materials on the Antiquity page only for HQ items and not for both? There's a lot of us sitting on our materials waiting to see if it's being worked on before we trade items in because we have no idea what's going to happen.
    3. Can we get an acknowledgement that the Masterwork changes were badly communicated and poorly executed? Usually when the devs make such massive changes there's a DEV blog so people who don't pay attention to the forums but just your main news page would have been notified? Why was there only three weeks of Preview time without any real acknowledgement of our concerns or our feedback except like once? Why was the exchange store not even on Preview until maybe the last three days before the roll out so that there could have been time for proper feedback and testing?

At this I don't know if Crafting can be fixed well. I'm the kind of person that was always excited on worked on getting all my toons to Rank 20 (80) in all their professions and maybe do the Masterwork 1 quests. Now all that excitement is gone. And while I've definitely spent more than 1.5 million AD per Profession to get them to rank V of Chult that was never done all at once and it was spread out trying to complete the Masterwork quests. I never honestly have that many AD at once and not sure if I ever fully will. So I'm bummed because the joy of crafting is mainly gone. I'm never someone who did it to make AD I did it because it was a challenge and I wanted to make stuff for my alliance. Most of the new stuff isn't even worth it and the challenge isn't there either. I know I was one of the people who was adamant about news for Masterwork. But mainly I wanted acknowledgement it was being worked on and you hadn't forgotten about the crafters. I never wanted this rushed mess we have now. So please all I ask @nitocris83 is acknowledgement that there's a problem, that it's being worked on, that user feedback will be listened to and maybe possibly an ETA. Even if it's not until Mod 22. I rather it be done RIGHT than fast. Thank you all for making a game I've been playing for 6 years and I love. I just don't want to see all the things I love taken away or changed for the worse instead of the better.
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    tamtoucan said:

So all Sybella quests were restarted. Great.

Came here to say the same thing. Since sometimes the mods or devs ask for logs, here's my log:

[System Notify]Your quest "Legacy Campaign: Tyranny of Dragons Adventures (Weekly)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience

[System Notify]Your quest "Legacy Campaign: Tyranny of Dragons Conqueror (Weekly)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience

[System Notify]Your quest "Legacy Campaign: Tyranny of Dragons Heroics (Weekly)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience

[System Notify]Your quest "Legacy Campaign: Curse of Icewind Dale Conqueror (Weekly)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience

[System Notify]Your quest "Legacy Campaign: Curse of Icewind Dale Heroics (Weekly)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience

[System Notify]Your quest "Legacy Campaign: Shadowmantle Adventures (Weekly)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience

[System Notify]Your quest "Legacy Campaign: Vallenhas Adventures (Weekly)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience

[System Notify]Your quest "Legacy Campaign: Vallenhas Heroics (Weekly)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience

[System Notify]Your quest "Legacy Campaign: Ravenloft Adventures (Weekly)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience

[System Notify]Your quest "Legacy Campaign: Ravenloft Heroics (Weekly)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience

[System Notify]Your quest "Legacy Campaign: Jungles of Chult Adventures (Weekly)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience

[System Notify]Your quest "Legacy Campaign: Jungles of Chult Conqueror (Weekly)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience

[System Notify]Your quest "Legacy Campaign: Jungles of Chult Heroics (Weekly)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience

[System Notify]Your quest "Legacy Campaign: The Cloaked Ascendancy Adventures (Weekly)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience

[System Notify]Your quest "Legacy Campaign: The Cloaked Ascendancy Conqueror (Weekly)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience

[System Notify]Your quest "Legacy Campaign: The Cloaked Ascendancy Heroics (Weekly)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience

[System Notify]Your quest "Legacy Campaign: Storm King's Thunder Conqueror (Weekly)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience

[System Notify]Your quest "Legacy Campaign: Storm King's Thunder Heroics (Weekly)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience.

For me at this time I think I only had a few completed. For me, the loss is not that big.

I get that you sometimes restart quests to fix things, but you should consider that some of the quests might take a long time to complete. This includes Sybella quests, weeklies that are more complex than 'complete this dungeon instance', and the old stronghold quests that we were also not compensated for that were straight up deleted in last week's patch.

In the future, when a patch results in quest restarts or drops, can you check whether the quest has a straightforward goal that would be completed in one sitting? 'Collect [item name] (0/x)' where the number is lower than 20, and 'Enter [dungeon/instance name] and defeat [boss name]' are examples of one-sitting / short quests. Examples of long quests are 'Complete a Major Heroic Encounter (0/1) + Complete Minor Heroic Encounters (0/3)', '[area name] adventures (x%)' and 'Defeat enemies in [area name] (x%)'. If they are long quests, consider if you can apply the fix in a different way, without restarting the quests.
    Post edited by dillygirl on
  • sicaria#1953 sicaria Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I've lost 34 Sybella quests... that's a lot of time, now wasted
  • justkickinitjustkickinit Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I lost about 6 Sybella's on several characters. A couple dozen in total. Very much feel time was wasted. I was saving them to turn in for a specific bonus on a legacy campaign, plus the event campaign which will hit phase 2 shortly.
    This was a flagrant violation of trust.
  • yamioni#9870 yamioni Member Posts: 55 Arc User

3. Can we get an acknowledgement that the Masterwork changes were badly communicated and poorly executed? Usually when the devs make such massive changes there's a DEV blog so people who don't pay attention to the forums but just your main news page would have been notified? Why was there only three weeks of Preview time without any real acknowledgement of our concerns or our feedback except like once? Why was the exchange store not even on Preview until maybe the last three days before the roll out so that there could have been time for proper feedback and testing?

Seconded. We were promised an update last Monday (Oct. 18). This never came and has been radio silence since.

Further, the thread where the previous conversation was taking place was locked. At first I thought that was simply because a new set of patch notes were available, until I noticed there are much older patch note threads still open. So clearly whoever locked it didn't want to listen to our concerns anymore. As if the changes themselves weren't enough of a slap in the face to begin with...
  • andybones65andybones65 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    Felt physically sick seeing all the legacy quests, reset.
    Have 25 alts with upto 10 completed quests, ready to hand in. For the love of God, please fix this devs. 👍
    Anddd a week later and no response on the Crafting thing and the original patch notes thread got locked. Probably tired of hearing from us. But this is the problem we had the first time and the not responding to us and ignoring the problem won't make us shut up. It's just going to make us ask more and more because all a lot of us (at least I am) @nitocris83 is an acknowledgement. You do it all the time. You state "there's no estimation but it's being worked on and we know it's a problem". We're still waiting to hear about it for Crafting. Acknowledge that it's half baked at the moment. That developers are working on it or at least let us know that it's not so we can accept that this broken system is the new norm and those of us that will decide to just give up on crafting will. Even if it's "a crafting rehaul will be part of the next Mod" Or "we'll have a fix for the broken MAsterwork exchange store soon" Like silence is awful. All we want is something to be said.
  • yamioni#9870 yamioni Member Posts: 55 Arc User

Anddd a week later and no response on the Crafting thing and the original patch notes thread got locked. Probably tired of hearing from us. But this is the problem we had the first time and the not responding to us and ignoring the problem won't make us shut up. It's just going to make us ask more and more because all a lot of us (at least I am) @nitocris83 is an acknowledgement. You do it all the time. You state "there's no estimation but it's being worked on and we know it's a problem". We're still waiting to hear about it for Crafting. Acknowledge that it's half baked at the moment. That developers are working on it or at least let us know that it's not so we can accept that this broken system is the new norm and those of us that will decide to just give up on crafting will. Even if it's "a crafting rehaul will be part of the next Mod" Or "we'll have a fix for the broken MAsterwork exchange store soon" Like silence is awful. All we want is something to be said.

The lack of response makes no sense, honestly. The change of all the recipe sources to AD makes it seem like they were trying to control inflation by removing AD from the economy. Fine. Whatever. Except with all of us pissed off about the changes and wanting more information, we're sitting on things and not participating... So the change isn't having the intended effect.

Of course the worst thing they could do is say "It's staying like it is" to get the AD out of the economy, and then make further changes that render those expenditures moot. So maybe it's better they think this through thoroughly, first, after all. (Lest they put their feet in their collective mouths yet again.)
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    The only thing we don't know is when Sharandar Masterwork is going live...The AD price was corrected in the patch notes pretty quickly and they told us that Sharandar will be 1.5m per book. They said that the bugs with converting and being able to buy multiples is being fixed (if not fixed already). What else are you waiting to hear about? You might need to make it more clear what it is you want.
    arazith07 said:

The only thing we don't know is when Sharandar Masterwork is going live...The AD price was corrected in the patch notes pretty quickly and they told us that Sharandar will be 1.5m per book. They said that the bugs with converting and being able to buy multiples is being fixed (if not fixed already). What else are you waiting to hear about? You might need to make it more clear what it is you want.

Mainly at this point still waiting to hear on the Antiquity Vendor and whether or not they're going to fix that 1.it's taking +1's to trade on the Antiquity tab and 2. What are people with 1-9 regular mats and 1-4 +1 mats supposed to do? just not trade those in? Like that is the main concern. And it took about 2-3 days for patch notes to get fixed after community uproar. But still trying to understand why the prices were increased in the first place. It was never fully tested and no reasoning was given on why they increased them so much.