test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

problem with switching loadouts

bibi#3649 bibi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
**I can't change my loadout anymore...I closed and reopened the game a few times and it is still not working! standing or not in a camp fire does not change anything... at this point, I don't know what to do and no...i will not be playing healing mode all weekend.

**Yesterday I was on my warlock DPS loadout and changed it to go in a donjon with the guild... and after the donjon, I was not able to go back!
Please help me fix this.

I did what requested

(answer) Xillahne (Arc Games)
Sep 25, 2021, 15:51 PDT

Upon checking, other users encountered the same thing. However, the listed workaround below helped them so I am hoping that they would also work for your character.

- Make sure that your character is trying to switch loadouts from a campfire or safe location.
- Change it from a different loadout before your preferred loadout (if applicable).
- Check the overflow bag if there are some items and transfer them to the inventory.
- Click the "Apply to All Loadouts" from the mounts category, companions category, and of each equipped item.
- Remove all your insignias and items/potions from the potion tray.
- Try equipping the mount/companion your character had when the loadout was created.
- Other players said that removing the enchantments,/runestones, un-equipped all of the companion bonuses, un-summon the summoned companion, and changing companion powers also helps.
- The last option that you can also consider that would cost you is by overwriting the affected loadout and retraining it or buy another loadout.
Also, note that customer support can't manually fix it because we don't have the tools to do so. Though your input would help the developers to look into it further if you'd like to share it through the forum.

**Since this report, it as happened 3 times... I do change loadouts every nights to help out the guild. Again... Don't tell me that for now on, I will have to change all my mounts and companion powers every day? This never happened to me before...and now, it will not let me change my loadout without this circus! :-(

Comments

• locrianollocrianol Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Yeah it's happening to me too. Only thing that works for me is going to the comp screen and hitting "Apply to all load outs", but then I have to go to my primary load out swap my comp back and all my comp powers and comp gear. What a pain in the butt going from secondary tank load out to my primary dps load. (thank goodness I only have 2 load outs. I'd really be *&§§¥ if I had to adjust more) This needs to get fixed fast. Quit worrying about nerfing or "adjusting" companions you sold us, and fix the game itself. Also that thing where you're in combat mode even when everything is dead, is making it hard to get to the next section of the map. SMH. So many friends have left this game, and you folks at Cryptic are making it really hard to stay. Maybe that's the intention?
  • starrlight#7491 starrlight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    this has been happening to me for years at random but since this last patch seems to be happening more regularly, especially with companion updates!

It used to always throw the "cannot un-equip items" error but now doesn't even do that. it makes the sound like the loadout switched, but nothing happens.
  • bibi#3649 bibi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well, I have to go into both companion and mount sheet and apply to all load out's every switch I make ( wish happens every day) I am not useful to my guild this way!!! :-(
  • sjl3#9586 sjl3 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    This worked for me on ps4, All mounts that are used on more than 1 loadout must be in the same slot in the stable on the loadouts. Comp powers are the same if used on more than 1 they must be in the same slot. Potion tray is the same. It seems that it can unequip and equip items but it cannot move them. As I said this worked on ps4
  • bibi#3649 bibi Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    thanks... but this is not my case... they are all in the same slots... the only differances are the powers...they are totaly differant if not in the same slot... so the source of the problem seems differant for me :-(
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User
    If there wasn't be this idiotic auto-completion for morons who can't put items in slots by themselves, this problem wouldn't exists. Removing this unnecessary "feature" would fix the loadouts problem.
    Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • toxicmephisto#4280 toxicmephisto Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I have this problem every day. I have 1 DPS loadout for AOE and 1 for ST + 1 as healer (I#m a warlock). If I'm in a private queue I can swith to healer and then go to the next dps loadout, but if I'm in a public one, I can never switch DPS loadouts... can you please fix this bug? It is reeeeeally annoying and all you are providing are workaround. Please!!!
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    I think this is because the system registers your class when you join a public queue for the purposes of compiling the correct combination in a party and if you changed while still waiting in the queue it would s@rew that up. Also it gives an AD bonus based on classes and at the time you join the queue it remembers what class you were at the time you joined to award the bonus at the end, well for daily randoms anyway. I'm half asleep and still waking up still though, I may have made an error.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

I think this is because the system registers your class when you join a public queue for the purposes of compiling the correct combination in a party and if you changed while still waiting in the queue it would s@rew that up. Also it gives an AD bonus based on classes and at the time you join the queue it remembers what class you were at the time you joined to award the bonus at the end, well for daily randoms anyway. I'm half asleep and still waking up still though, I may have made an error.

Yes, in public queue it's mandatory that you stick to your designated role - probably a good thing.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • khaozhunterkhaozhunter Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    when this happened to me i only changed the second companion's power on the left side (the power under the enhancement), more exactly i select "clear current" power in this slot and allowed me change loadouts, i think the bug occurs when the companion's power in this power slot is different in the loadout that you are trying to switch to.