test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rage of Bel - Alyssa Misdani and her Ornate Box of Vallenhas Treasures (issue/bug?)

ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
edited February 2022 in Player Feedback (PC)
I've been doing the Rage of Bel across multiple characters for a long time, ultimately my only goal left to achieve is to get the epic "Hound of the Forge" mount, everything else is done and done multiple times. Whilst I generally have no issues with RNG and actually prefer a luck based grind I'm at a point where I need to ask the question, "Is this working as intended?"

I know this mount was achievable at one point, perhaps someone else can confirm whether they've managed to get it lately or not. Since this content came out I've opened (est.) and this is the low estimate, near 2000 Ornate Box of Vallenhas Treasure boxes from Alyssa Misdani NPC. As before, I've received everything except the epic mount.

Now, other than the RNG aspect of this being questionable, the way the rewards from these boxes appear to work makes me question the functionality of the overall reward system. The ornate box works in 3 sections, a guaranteed reward, a chance reward and a secondary chance reward. The first chance reward is where the epic mount is and contains the largest loot table including the weapon transmutes, armour transmutes, rare and epic mount, companion and dented metal rod. The secondary chance reward is for the rings, which seems to work as intended with no issues, infact, it would appear to be very rare that you get no ring at this level (ornate).

The dented metal rod is a one time reward, obviously, the weapon and armour transmutes work in a similar fashion, if you have one in your inventory, it won't drop again, if you've transmuted one previously it can drop again, as long as one isn't already in your inventory.

Side note: The weapon transmutes can drop for all classes regardless of your class, yet they are all character bound, this is redundant and has been highlighted previously. Make them account bound or only drop for your class.

So it would appear the the first chance loot table rewards only drop if it's not already in your inventory, the second chance loot table (rings) can drop multiples even if that drop is already in your inventory. This seems to be the cases for both companion and mount(s), if it's in inventory if won't drop again, if you've bound it to your character it can drop again (but obviously can't be used).

So, with all the seemingly unnecessary workings going on within these loot tables and reward sections, along with my terrible RNG, I again ask, is this working as intended and is the epic mount (currently) dropping?

Edit:

If everything is working and as intended, the mount still drops, then my final feedback would be to increase the maximum amount of infernal secrets each character can hold from 150. This way the daily amount can remain without the worry of reward abuse but it allows a player to save them up to a point they can then open many at once versus opening 10 every 3 days which is disheartening when your rng blows.

UPDATE: 21-02-22 I FINALLY BLOODY GOT IT. Really looking forward to doing this on alt classes, yay!

Post edited by ukspawn on

Comments

• ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    Still would like to see this verified, 3+ months later, still the same. Varied the concept of holding and dropping some of the ornate box loot and not seeing any difference bar the obvious.
    edited October 2021
    So again, nearly a year later, I would love to get some feedback on this. I have resubmitted a ticket in-game. The issue still stands, except now I'm likely 2k+ attempts.

Either this is broken and broken potentially for me as individual due to either a character issue or the loot table allocation as stated in OP or this is simply beyond unreasonable rng.

I'm honestly starting to believe my character is flagged or something, between this and "Mask Witness" issue posted elsewhere. When RNG literally works against you for over a year, the question(s) need to be asked., especially as it's known both past and present there have been issues that impact individual characters/accounts, possibly based on time of creation/access.

Probably a long shot but I requested a data request where possible to highlight numbers of X completed or received/spent for clarity.

If it's rng, and rng is all I'm going to hear it is then please feel free to pile this onto the list of unreasonable rng acquisitions, like those new bounties, that were acknowledged, changed (and may want to check they weren't inadvertently changed back when that last big patch post change messed various thing up...)

@nitocris83
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    I only just finished Vallenhas, I've been avoiding hell for a long time but finally relented. I still have to turn the music and the ambient off to avoid getting a stress headache and then it's bearable for me. So it's only in the past week or so that I've had any dealings with this box you mention. I was grinding Bel on my own and getting the max daily amount of infernal secrets in one hour because I needed that dented rod for the final upgrade of my forgers box but I didn't want to have to keep going back repeatedly during the day and sometimes in parties traditionally they can foof-around and waste time waiting before going in or while waiting for new people and doing it on my own I was able to keep going back and doing it over and over in the one hour and getting max secrets in one go in one hour and then be done with it and leave again. Well we all know the stories about going to a quiet instance (or Stronghold) to maximize the better drops in lockboxes, so seeing I really wanted that dented rod asap I thought I would have a better chance at having it drop in a quiet instance rather than a busy one. So with this in mind when I had finished Bel for the day I would wait and change to the least populated instance and open all the boxes I could but it never dropped. This happened day after day. Then the other day I was asking a guild friend if they knew the drop rate for that rod and they told me they had gotten theirs in 2 goes. I told them I had opened 10 or more and nothing. So the next time I did my grind I thought s@rew it, I would just open them in whatever instance I was in, just to see. The instance I landed in when I finished the last Bel was extremely busy, but I went straight up to her in that instance and started buying boxes. The rod dropped on the second go. There's no moral to the story, it's just the story of my rng with that box.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
    The thing is, I'm not remotely supersticious, rng is indeed rng. My issue is, is it actually working as intended. I've gotten that rod 5 times over myself, and in all honesty, it's a walk in the park, it's not even a comparitive. If anything it just highlights the issue with this particular item in the box.

I'm assuming as my post has been moved, its (assumed) working as intended. Would have been nice to actually hear it.

I'll get back to opening my pinatas every 10 years waiting for my sash to never drop.

Q O L
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 383 Arc User
    I buy this box a lot... but I've never found the hound of the forge.

How many more times must poor Bel die?
    The drop rate must be the same as the drop rate for the Arcturia pet.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User

wait, what?

There's an Arcturia companion?

is there a tooltip screenshot or something in collections for this "Hound of the Forge"?

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits

wait, what?

There's an Arcturia companion?

is there a tooltip screenshot or something in collections for this "Hound of the Forge"?

Well it's a vanity pet, I should have specified. It drops from the Arcturia fight and is incredibly rare. She buzzes around and looks kind of depressed but I want her anyway. I've only seen her once with a player.

I managed to find an image of the Hound of the Forge mount.

• earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    Thanks.

I did get a similar looking mount from her but that one is called a 'slaghound'

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
    I got that one too the other day as it happens.